• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It bothers me that I didn't get a say in that argument before Zero showed up. ):<

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Why does there have to be a "why"?

I find it interesting, this generated need for things to have "purpose" or a "why".

Nonetheless, I should add, I'm not trying to spark a debate here, as it is the wrong place to do so, but I merely am just curious for an answer.
Your answer: Why not?

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
@RDK: I don't mind if you don't understand what I just said.

@ Zero: I had no interested in starting any of this really. If RDK didn't ask me that. I wouldn't have come up with anything to say. Sorry if this offends anyone. I was here with Proverb to talk about his story. Nothing less.

@ Ricky: : D No worries Ricky. When that day comes. It will happen. XD I believe it will. x3 Unless we all go eomtional. That happens a lot.

D

Deleted member

What bothers me is that someone can proselytize and justify it as "love advice", and then when opposing views come into play (you know, freedom of speech and all that) we have to shut it down.

:urg:

RDK

Smash Hero
What bothers me is that someone can proselytize and justify it as "love advice", and then when opposing views come into play (you know, freedom of speech and all that) we have to shut it down.

:urg:
Apparently you can only spew your personal agenda if you were here first.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
XD That would be the last thing anyone wouldn't want. Perhaps if you dazzled her with either Ike or Marth, Link perhaps? She might admire you. XD That's how most girls go happy. Most, but that's just me being random as often. ( -Really hoping Proverb is alright...- )

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Not all female gamers will be like what you hoped for. Most are so tomboyish that you wouldn't be attracted to them. Others may not even be attracted to men.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I did say. " Most." XDDDD I didn't mean everyone. But Heartz's is right. I'm not making this comment into a bad one. I'm just here because even I enjoy expressing how I feel. I take things to heart. That's who I am. Which is why this is called the 'Vent room.' ^___^ I admire everyone's words when I read what is said, and most of the time. Confusing people. Is better sometimes for me. Shows who can understand what the heck I'm saying. I just don't worry about Nazi Grammer, and just have a good time while reading opinions.

Which is why I'm half venting on how I feel about it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
My GF will play video games with me jsut so she can do something with me/be apart of that part of my life

It's actaully really ****ing amazing.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
It just warms my cold dead heart seeing how active this thread is.

Well anyway, today we just got our new biology groups. Last project of the year. I did a background check on all my group members. Everyone is a great worker and we made great progress. But there is this very timid and quite girl in my group, and so far from my background check. She needs help making sure she is doing her work correctly. If from what I here is true, she may get fired in less then a week. Which just makes things more difficult in my group.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
*joins the procrastination boat*

I think I've got this. I've got 4 major things due today, BUT one of said things is optional.

1. Revise all my papers for a communication class and write a memo about how my communication improved:

Not too bad right now, although my silly prof still hasn't graded one of the papers that I would need to revise, so that'll make this interesting. All I've got left other than that is writing the memo. Either way, it's due this evening.

2. Create a VisualCV (has anyone done this?) for extra credit for the same class.

Unless someone's done this and can tell me how long it would take to create a decent-looking VisualCV, I'm taking a shot in the dark at this one as soon as the previous task is done, since this is due at the same time. If it starts taking too long, I'm moving on, because this is entirely for extra credit.

3. Complete a set of programming problems for my Unix class.

Until I get word back from my professor answering questions, I can only hope the issues I gave him for the assignment are minor fixes. Otherwise, I'll be spending more time on this than I need to. It's due at midnight tonight.

4. Complete a programming project for my data structures class.

I'm furthest away from completing this comparatively, but the late penalty's really small (5% per day for 4 days) so if the worst happens, I'll be working on this tomorrow while celebrating my victory over the other, more urgent tasks. This is also due at midnight tonight.

I'm merely just hoping for once that I get all this turned in on time so I can get my two days off before finals start.

So basically, all this stuff is bothering me a bit. It'll bother me less once I get it done.
Blah, taking a nap and posting about this stuff on SWF: Two of the biggest time wasters.

My plan still stands, I suppose. The leeway on everything is just a lot tighter now. X_X
And the survey says that this plan was...
about 80% effective. I got the first things done and that last one is officially graded starting at a 28.5 out of 30.

Y'know, I'm really freaked out at myself right now. It's like I've quit caring.

But should I still be proud of what I pulled off?

...I don't know, really. There's a few people that tell me that I don't relax; that I cut myself short so much.

But really, none of those people hold me accountable for high-quality work, so that leaves ME to do it. They don't really... care, I guess. And I strangely enough, I'm starting to become like them.

Another thing I realized is that if I actually need to talk to someone that'll want to listen to me and actually care about what I do and just all-around LIKE me, I call my parents. That's freaking me out too.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
( -Really hoping Proverb is alright...- )
I've been working almost nonstop since 7 AM and I have a final project essay to write and another exam to study for, then a final study session to wrap it all up. My first exam is at 8 AM. I'm not sleeping tonight.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I've been working almost nonstop since 7 AM and I have a final project essay to write and another exam to study for, then a final study session to wrap it all up. My first exam is at 8 AM. I'm not sleeping tonight.

Oh my... I remember you said that. Proverb. Please don't over do it, but I hope you pass your exam. I'll still pray for you. That is something to be venting over about at times, but I'm sure all is well. x3 Just hope that you'll be alright along the way.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be okay. God'll bring me through it. He did so during midyears by some miracle, I'm sure He can do it again. I just need to spend time praying about it.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
That's the Spirit Proverb. This makes me feel really happy. I'll even pray for you as well. If you wish? ^__^ Even if things happen or something. Just be proud of yourself that you tried your hardest. That's all that matters. I would hug, but we are far away. XD However hopefully a spiritual hug will come close to your heart. I hope this supports you. ^-^

Proverbs

Smash Lord
If you would pray for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I'll post back here sometime tomorrow to let you know how it all went down--or at least how I felt it went down.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I feel like I should check with a doctor or something if I actually have depression. I have not felt a lot of happiness for the past two years. But I feel I will only be a bother to the people around me if I am depressed. I really do not want to bother people with my own problems.

If I am depressed I wonder if this is why I treat people around me like ****. It just makes me so mad. Every god **** kid in school seems happy almost all day. When the only thing I can think about is how useless I am compared to them all. I try my hardest it just isn't enough. i really have no place. I do not understand how I work my butt off getting B+ and A- only to see some idiot that can not get his mind on task getting straight As. WTF he always happy to twenty four seven. NOt a single sad thought ever comes into his head.

I also can not find any good thing about me. I tried to compliment myself, and I literally broke down with shaking mind last night. Of course I just ate my emotions and feeling before they could express them selfs. But I have to as I feel those parts of me are just useless waste.

It is not fun thinking like this. I do not how I even started thinking like this to begin with.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Hey man, can we talk sometime? I've felt a lot of those same things in the past and it was not a good time, I'll tell you that much. It's gotten a lot better since, but I don't think I've ever recovered. You really do sound a lot like me about four years ago. I'd like to chat sometime, if you're up for it.

This isn't one of those situations where I can just pour out: This is how you should think! Yayyyy!!!

No, this is a lot deeper than that. For where you're at you can't just be given answers in this, you need to find them. So, if you're up for it, I'd really love to talk over AIM or something. Heck, I'd even be up for giving you my phone number. Seriously.

Dealing with this stuff on your own isn't cool, and I really know what you're going through. I've felt all of those same things in the past--but we'll talk about this more later, hopefully.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I should check with a doctor or something if I actually have depression. I have not felt a lot of happiness for the past two years. But I feel I will only be a bother to the people around me if I am depressed. I really do not want to bother people with my own problems.

If I am depressed I wonder if this is why I treat people around me like ****. It just makes me so mad. Every god **** kid in school seems happy almost all day. When the only thing I can think about is how useless I am compared to them all. I try my hardest it just isn't enough. i really have no place. I do not understand how I work my butt off getting B+ and A- only to see some idiot that can not get his mind on task getting straight As. WTF he always happy to twenty four seven. NOt a single sad thought ever comes into his head.

I also can not find any good thing about me. I tried to compliment myself, and I literally broke down with shaking mind last night. Of course I just ate my emotions and feeling before they could express them selfs. But I have to as I feel those parts of me are just useless waste.

It is not fun thinking like this. I do not how I even started thinking like this to begin with.
...I'm sort of like this, honestly.

I blame Brawl for it.
I blame myself for it.
I blame other people for it.
I blame school for it.
I blame everything that ever has and will exist for it.

Basically... I can't find the one SINGLE source of this depression that makes me just... blow up on myself and others.

Then again, I've found several instances of people telling stuff that I've said either to them or to myself "Hey, y'know, I'm in the same boat" and then suddenly their story veers a completely different direction and I just go "Oh, well, so much for having someone to identify with." That's why I'm really skeptical of this REALLY being how I feel.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My GF will play video games with me jsut so she can do something with me/be apart of that part of my life

It's actaully really ****ing amazing.
Yes, yes it is. My GF will NEVER play vid games with me :( it's horrid, lik eI dream of hangign out with her and doing personal stuff together then Playing video games and eating pizza! be the best effing day of my life :)

Sorry to hear that KirbyWiz :(

Smash Master
Ok, Nintendoman, and Kirbywizard: 85 and higher is good. Now stop complaining about those. You're making me feel like crap :)

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
If you would pray for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. I'll post back here sometime tomorrow to let you know how it all went down--or at least how I felt it went down.
I have prayed for you. I just hope all is well, and I see that your willing to go that far to help that other guy. That's really thoughtful of you Proverb, but I hope everything goes better for you. Can't wait to hear from you.

( Sometimes when I get depressed. Hard for me to express. )

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Victory in Jesus, my Savior forever;
He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood.
He loved me 'ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him.
He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood.

Yeah, so I'm done for the semester, and that song is the only thing that can express how I feel. I spent a good deal of time just praying that I'd do well on the finals, and God provided ridiculously. Everything I studied I remembered, and things I didn't I remembered too. I didn't even study that hard at all. It was crazy. Looking forward to seeing how my grades all turned out, but I'm sure that God took care of those too.

Edit: Wow, between yesterday and up until now, I put in around 20+ hours of schoolwork, and no sleep...that's not right.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
That's wonderful good news Proverb. I'm happy for you. Really I Am...

Edit: I'm getting real sick and tired of people complaining to me about how badly they think they are older then me. Then trying to step over me as if I'm stupid. I'm tired of that. Today on Gaia Online I knew I should of avoided it with all cost, but NOOO I was a little bit worried, and here some stupid women ended up trying to piss me off. Sometimes I can't get along with most girls. Cause all that ever happens is nag, nag, nag. I'm tired of the nagging. It's funny men get along better with other men. Most do, and most women is nagging. I know it's the truth. Cause I've seen, and been around women all my entire life.

It's tiring, and I hate it. Some are okay, and some aren't. It's just I wish the nagging would go away. Sometimes I pray so hard that when the new world comes. I just want to be at peace. Not stress. Or pain, or anger. It's ridiculous.

cba

Smash Master
I like my toes. I've had them all my life. Seriously. Go to your doctor. Is embarrassment really worth the loss of a toe?
thanks...im gonna check...
Ugh..yea, its more embarassing to be a toe less.
What's with all this god and faith talk? You do realize that all your actions, desires, passions, beliefs, and those of every other human on the planet are all the product of microscopic molecules crashing into each other at random directories and intervals? You do realize that there is no god, and there is no inherent "meaning" to life?

If anything, you need to realize that in life, **** happens. And for no good reason. The faster you come to terms with that, the easier life will be for you.
exremely wrong.
Reality is not determined by something you believe in your heart. Reality is determined by reality.

What makes you believe we have souls?
What makes you think we dont?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Come on you guys, you should both know better than to start religious debates here. I love religious debates, but they just cause chaos if in the wrong place. Take it to PMs

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Try explaining why instead of just disagreeing with me.

I'm not the one making the claim (that souls exist). You are. Therefore the burden of proof is on you to prove that souls exist.
Vice Versa, ironically.

Here's what really bothers me. I've been living away from my mother for almost 3 years because I hated my stepdad. After living away the economy got ****ty, I lost my job, and then my dad got sent to prison for what he never did. Now I'm living with my mother again (involuntarily) and she is still married to that piece of ****. I can't get along with him. I really want to knock him out, and now I'm not sure if I'm emotionally stable anymore. I'm too **** angry! I still don't have a job, I owe *** loads of money, and I can't go to college because I can't afford it. Feels like the world keeps ****ting on me over and over again.

cba

Smash Master
OK.
As far as im concerned, there are things out there that ARE there and we that dont know of/will not know till a couple of hundred years.
Thats like the soul, you know you have one, you just cant prove it.

Its like Life, it has its purpose, but you need to look for it. Stuff just wont find its way to you, you have to look for it and such.

Before i get infracted and banned from the Proom i just wanna say that this is merely an exchange of opinions between a few people, not a flame war or anything of the sort (Nor am i taking about religion).

And im simply GLAD to have been given a mind that can have a different thinking system; i am open for other stuff(other possibilities), not just stuck on something and all that.

Indians (Natives) had beliefs that there is a spirit that is greater than the average human being. They were not civilized as we are, yet they believed in that and that was before the colonists and such.
What would give them a reason to think so?

D

Deleted member

You have no idea what you're talking about. He's the one claiming that souls exist. He needs to back up his assertion.
Anyway, instead of debating with Proverbs which is inherently Sisyphysian, you should just give your own brand of advice to people. Encourage them through Existential and Nihilistic philosophy, rather than that mushy love crap. Make them embrace nothingness.

This is allowed! It's okay to preach if it's masqueraded as advice.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Okay, seriously? A mod's getting into this. Everyone just back off. This is a pointless argument. It doesn't matter who's wrong and who's right here, and the reason I say that is because it's already 100% clear that nothing's going to change no matter who starts blabbing.

RDK, chill out. People are allowed to have their beliefs and express their advice through that. I have just as much a right to mention God in my posts as you do to talk about existentialism or whatever you believe in. So chill out, dude. You may be a good debater, but you certainly don't know how to choose your battles.

Everyone else: Stop getting involved. You're just feeding the troll. If you want to have some theological debate--do it in the Debate Hall, the Proving Grounds, or through PMs. Give the man a phone call if you like--just leave it out of here. There are people who are actually having tough things going on in their lives right now who do need either advice or just someone to listen. And what are you doing? You're robbing that opportunity from them because your pride's too big to let the thing go. Everyone needs to just back off and get back to the real point of the thread, myself included.

Here's what really bothers me. I've been living away from my mother for almost 3 years because I hated my stepdad. After living away the economy got ****ty, I lost my job, and then my dad got sent to prison for what he never did. Now I'm living with my mother again (involuntarily) and she is still married to that piece of ****. I can't get along with him. I really want to knock him out, and now I'm not sure if I'm emotionally stable anymore. I'm too **** angry! I still don't have a job, I owe *** loads of money, and I can't go to college because I can't afford it. Feels like the world keeps ****ting on me over and over again.
I'm sorry about that. I know I can't really offer much advice here, but I am sorry. Things have been getting real tough for everyone. Things will pull through, though--in one way or another. Just keep your head up and keep looking ahead.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I just took the state Algerbra 2 test. My algerbra 2 class didnt get a chance to cover all the main subjects. I feel like I did not to well on it, but I also feel like I did at around average score. Everyone else in my class has the same feeling. I just feel relieved that testing is almost over.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It bothers me that people just can't follow the rules, and that Skylerocon's link will not be read by a theist, so he's wasting his sweet time.

I expect a couple of infractions to be handed out by the Pool Room leaders, so don't be surprised people. *Is in a bad mood*:mad:

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I'm angry because of weeks working extremely hard on my grades, suddenly they're all F's for some obscene reason, despite the fact i've been handing in all my work on doing great on tests. It also gets me mad that every moment i'm home i'm reminded of such mistakes. I'm just getting really sick and tired of school right now.

I am not in a good mood right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom