• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
XD Love Doctor. I haven't really encounter to many of those in my life. I simply just hang upside thinking. "o.o;... If a doctor tries to work with me. My words will only make it more complicated at times, and then I make it more dramatic." XD I try not to be a drama queen. My life is based between the real world, and the fantasy world. Always has been ever since I was a kid. back in 1999. That was almost near the year 2000 coming up. O_o;;; so much has happen through those years, and I deeply wish at times that I don't look back, but like I mention before. I'm at times like this broken clock, but I am more likely ready to go forward. I'm sort of like Marth. (The marth we know on Brawl when Snake finds out info about him. )

That's sort of almost how it is for me.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Sorry if my response wasn't as satisfactory as you'd like. I have to be honest, your question was really...general. I can give you more specifics if you give me more specifics, but otherwise I can only point you to God. Also, and I'm not trying to be mean here, but you should watch your use of periods. They're used to end sentences, and yet you use them where you'd use a comma or a semi-colon. That makes a good deal of what you write very hard to understand.

Oh, and Mic: Don't procrastinate. Don't be like me. It just makes for stress and sad faces :(:(:(

EDIT: Great, now I'm in the same boat. I have to revise a story for today that I was given no direction on what to do, but the major problem was that no one in the class understood what I was writing about. I finally thought "Oh, I can just make this clearer" and when I looked back I had already included all of the things I was going to put in. How in the world did they not understand I was writing about a human being? --;

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to be blunt either. It's not that my words need help, but just because one answer isn't correct. Doesn't mean that something I type isn't worth understanding. I had about a lot of people who read what I say and often understand. Despite how I type, but I've been told this a thousand times through my past years growing up in the online world. You don't see me complaining about it. I've seen people online who has worse time putting a periods in one place. If you knew what I said. No need to tell me again about where my periods go, but if you want to start teaching me how to write better. Then we need to talk on AIM. or something.

O_o; As for trying to understand me Proverbs. I'm not going to be mean to you. It's alright if your throwing me in the direction to god, but as I said before I think if someone really wanted to answer my question. They would have to really try and sit down to understand me. My words may not be perfect to anyone here online, but what I say I do put meaning into it. Not to be lectured where my periods, and stuff go. Okay?

About your class... Most people now a days. Aren't trying to understand a lot of things. What anyone says, but we just have to nod our head, and try our best. To just cop with it. That's all I got to say. Either if anyone understands me or not when I'm trying to talk on here. (Yes I do take everything to heart. When people talk to me. So I will say be careful what you say. )

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
*joins the procrastination boat*

I think I've got this. I've got 4 major things due today, BUT one of said things is optional.

1. Revise all my papers for a communication class and write a memo about how my communication improved:

Not too bad right now, although my silly prof still hasn't graded one of the papers that I would need to revise, so that'll make this interesting. All I've got left other than that is writing the memo. Either way, it's due this evening.

2. Create a VisualCV (has anyone done this?) for extra credit for the same class.

Unless someone's done this and can tell me how long it would take to create a decent-looking VisualCV, I'm taking a shot in the dark at this one as soon as the previous task is done, since this is due at the same time. If it starts taking too long, I'm moving on, because this is entirely for extra credit.

3. Complete a set of programming problems for my Unix class.

Until I get word back from my professor answering questions, I can only hope the issues I gave him for the assignment are minor fixes. Otherwise, I'll be spending more time on this than I need to. It's due at midnight tonight.

4. Complete a programming project for my data structures class.

I'm furthest away from completing this comparatively, but the late penalty's really small (5% per day for 4 days) so if the worst happens, I'll be working on this tomorrow while celebrating my victory over the other, more urgent tasks. This is also due at midnight tonight.

I'm merely just hoping for once that I get all this turned in on time so I can get my two days off before finals start.

So basically, all this stuff is bothering me a bit. It'll bother me less once I get it done.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't mean to be blunt either. It's not that my words need help, but just because one answer isn't correct. Doesn't mean that something I type isn't worth understanding. I had about a lot of people who read what I say and often understand. Despite how I type, but I've been told this a thousand times through my past years growing up in the online world. You don't see me complaining about it. I've seen people online who has worse time putting a periods in one place. If you knew what I said. No need to tell me again about where my periods go, but if you want to start teaching me how to write better. Then we need to talk on AIM. or something.

O_o; As for trying to understand me Proverbs. I'm not going to be mean to you. It's alright if your throwing me in the direction to god, but as I said before I think if someone really wanted to answer my question. They would have to really try and sit down to understand me. My words may not be perfect to anyone here online, but what I say I do put meaning into it. Not to be lectured where my periods, and stuff go. Okay?

About your class... Most people now a days. Aren't trying to understand a lot of things. What anyone says, but we just have to nod our head, and try our best. To just cop with it. That's all I got to say. Either if anyone understands me or not when I'm trying to talk on here. (Yes I do take everything to heart. When people talk to me. So I will say be careful what you say. )
Sorry if what I said offended you :( I didn't mean to.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if what I said offended you :( I didn't mean to.
Heh. Proverbs, it's alright. I'm just saying. If you really want to know my problem, and make me type better. You can help me if you want through AIM. I've already had you added, but you didn't offend me much. XD it's just... I'm complicated. XD

(See I knew I was hard to answer sometimes. XDDD If I made a simple question. That probably would be answered fast. x3 )

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Sure, toss me an IM sometime. SN is Knuckles6760. Same goes for anyone else here who wants to chat. Just give me a heads up through VM first if you're going to so I don't get attacked by tons of people I don't know.

Oh, and I won't have like any time today or tomorrow. So much work. Three final projects and two exams. So not cool. I'll be finished tomorrow and am good from there on out.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Gahhhh... Finals. T______T;..... Alright I'll message you. You'll see the name Shani pop up here in a second. Mind if I also add you as a friend? (Here on SWF. ) I Forgot to ask you that through VM.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
God's amazing, almost done with revising my story. Just one paragraph left that doesn't sound right. I think that's the last thing I need to fix. I'll post it as a blog when I'm done. It's about my friend Ben, except everyone in my class thought I was writing it about Jesus --; The rough draft is in Creative Minds, but don't look there for it. Just wait for the final. Will be done in an hour tops. I'm just letting my brain digest...life.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
XD Simply slap reality, and say. " Don't be mean about it. Were all trying to give you a fact between The lord, and your relationships with life." Since of course I'm not a big nazi grammer person like most people say they are. Which I couldn't stand before. Cause every second they got something smart to say. Though I'll admit my English was never perfect. Because I speak other languages. (You can tell. )

I can't wait to see what you typed in your blog. I just wish some people appreciate what talents they do when they type, or write it by hand. By what others say. This sort of reminds me of my artwork. People will say things to make you feel like crap, but you know others don't see it that way, and your just being yourself. You catch my drift? It's like. "Do your best. Will try to understand from here."

cba

Smash Master
Aren't you following the thread? I mean, people having serious issues and you come up with "why toe hurts lulz". Doesn't it make you feel bad? :s
For starters, i didnt say lulz.

And i said my toe hurts cause it does.
I have an Infection and i fear I might get my toe amputated.

Its not a joke, and i wasnt taking anything as one.

My mother wants me to go to the doctor but im too shy for that, i mean its weird, i dont liked being looked at.
what do you guys think?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
For starters, i didnt say lulz.

And i said my toe hurts cause it does.
I have an Infection and i fear I might get my toe amputated.

Its not a joke, and i wasnt taking anything as one.

My mother wants me to go to the doctor but im too shy for that, i mean its weird, i dont liked being looked at.
what do you guys think?
I like my toes. I've had them all my life. Seriously. Go to your doctor. Is embarrassment really worth the loss of a toe?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I feel like crap. The story I revised ended up being terrible. It's no surprise as I was literally given NO direction for revision but that everyone didn't get it. And a lot of it was true, and so I just feel like not only was it terrible writing, but I also have a boring life. Great. I'm not going to waste my time posting the revision.

:(

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
No no! I want to still see it Proverb. You don't have a boring life. What happen to your faith in god? You were talking about that to me. You sounded confident, but don't sound like your giving up. I know just because what was said isn't understand to some people, but don't give up! Alright? Don't give up hope. The lord is still willing to help and give wisdom. Despite if it is about god or not, but keep in mind to your Proverb.

I believe your life is exciting to me, and to be honest you can do anything if you try harder . DO NOT let people mock you to feel as if your work is terrible or not. That's what happen to me, and it really didn't make me feel better. Listen I will say this proverb. You say you were upset with brawl correct? I shouldn't have mention that here, but I will say. If you did come back to it, and ever brawl or what not. I fight in it because it gives me confidence to fight harder. Honestly that's where my confidence go, and I'm a lot more calm, but sort of full of idea's. Don't give up Proverb. Your not the bad guy here.

God sees your problem, and he will bless you with it. Your not alone with your problems. I will pray for even if you don't need it. x3

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Here's the original. It doesn't look as good on SWF as it does in a word document, but whatever. It's not about God, it's about a friend of mine. And 90% of this is before I was a Christian, so please don't take this as an example of what my life's like now.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230226

Last person I showed it to on SWF wasn't a huge fan, though my writing class enjoyed it. *shrug*

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
O_o -Agrees.- I'm going to read this after the fast brawl. Just cheer up Proverbs. Their is better things ahead then worrying about one little thing. That's for sure. ^_^

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Well Don't let it bother Proverbs. People mock cause they got nothing better to do then to lecture. Your a man who believes in good faith. Don't lose that. Just because of one thing that is said, or that someone says something of you. Doesn't mean it's true about you.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I know, it's not destroying my faith or anything. Just my morale. Understand that writing is the profession I'm going into--fiction or nonfiction I'm not yet sure. But the fact that my final presentation was so utterly bombed...I'm just not feeling good about it.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Eh, they liked the original better. My entire final was the revision of the story. The problem was, however, I wasn't given any legitimate direction from my teacher. So I just tried to make the story clearer, which ended up making it lose all of its magic, making it fall flat.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I can see why.... I almost cried to be honest. Sounded almost a lot like me irl. (A lot. T_T;;: Like me... ) With you. Your story the. "You saw me." Which you were the one who were... Watching all of this go by. Pouring your heart out like that... Wow... I really think that is good. Seriously I do. Be great but at the same time. It is a lot of sadness in it. Sometimes it makes me want to jump in their and squeeze you with comfort and say. "REJOICE!!!!" XD

RDK

Smash Hero
What's with all this god and faith talk? You do realize that all your actions, desires, passions, beliefs, and those of every other human on the planet are all the product of microscopic molecules crashing into each other at random directories and intervals? You do realize that there is no god, and there is no inherent "meaning" to life?

If anything, you need to realize that in life, **** happens. And for no good reason. The faster you come to terms with that, the easier life will be for you.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
That's other people's point of view. If they see it that way. Not mines. Nor that other person's belief. If people believe in the truth of what they know or believe in their heart. That's them.

I'm just saying as well. O_o;

RDK

Smash Hero
That's other people's point of view. If they see it that way. Not mines. Nor that other person's belief. If people believe in the truth of what they know or believe in their heart. That's them.

I'm just saying as well. O_o;
Reality is not determined by something you believe in your heart. Reality is determined by reality.

What makes you believe we have souls?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
What's with all this god and faith talk? You do realize that all your actions, desires, passions, beliefs, and those of every other human on the planet are all the product of microscopic molecules crashing into each other at random directories and intervals? You do realize that there is no god, and there is no inherent "meaning" to life?

If anything, you need to realize that in life, **** happens. And for no good reason. The faster you come to terms with that, the easier life will be for you.
I love you, RDK, in the strangest of ways. I'm currently writing a satire from that point of view that depicts morality as it would be through your eyes. Once I've finished revising it, you should see it :)

And regardless of what you think you still need to be respectful. Likewise with what you're saying, it doesn't matter what you think. That does not change what reality is. We all know that. We merely disagree on what reality is.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Writing is hard ****, man.

"A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people." - Thomas Mann

Make mistakes, it's the best way to learn and become better at whatever it is you want to get good at.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Reality is not determined by something you believe in your heart. Reality is determined by reality.

What makes you believe we have souls?
If that's a question. Then you have to determine and find that out yourself RDK. I'm not the person to be answering everyone logical question of physical philosophy. Or theological reason behind the question. I don't worry about situations like that. It depends what the human mind is able to believe what they say. Or if you want to believe it is a mental image of what you or anyone sees. That's not my teleological answer to say until anyone who doesn't believe know for sure.

SO! For now. : D I remain positive and happy. I believe what I want to believe. If they don't want to believe what we believe. Then that's them. So god help them. In my own belief's. Other then that. I have nothing more to say to any questions you ask of me RDK. Though I'm sure perhaps Proverbs can say more if he was around.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
RDK: I won't defend it theologically. I don't have the energy now. That's for another day. I'll say this much: I've met hundreds of Christians who have radically changed their lives because of Christianity. How many atheists have had their lives changed by atheism and in such radical ways?

Zero. Maybe they 'feel' better because they can comfort themselves with the idea of 'science' when they feel the lack of God in their heart at night. Or perhaps they just change to being more depressed and cynical. All I know is that the Christians are the ones who sleep soundly.

And even if all of it was false, would you see anything wrong with living in such a way if it did lead to a more "fulfilling" life?

But in response to your explanation of existence: All you know is 'how' things happened. You don't know why. And honestly, the whole Big Bang theory sounds a lot like Genesis 1. There was nothing and then suddenly there was. Tell me, can matter be created or destroyed?

Let me know when you see another universe created, bud.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Why does there have to be a "why"?

I find it interesting, this generated need for things to have "purpose" or a "why".

Nonetheless, I should add, I'm not trying to spark a debate here, as it is the wrong place to do so, but I merely am just curious for an answer.

RDK

Smash Hero
I love you, RDK, in the strangest of ways. I'm currently writing a satire from that point of view that depicts morality as it would be through your eyes. Once I've finished revising it, you should see it :)
Cool; PM it to me when you're done.

If that's a question. Then you have to determine and find that out yourself RDK. I'm not the person to be answering everyone logical question of physical philosophy. Or theological reason behind the question. I don't worry about situations like that. It depends what the human mind is able to believe what they say. Or if you want to believe it is a mental image of what you or anyone sees. That's not my teleological answer to say until anyone who doesn't believe know for sure. For

SO! For now. : D I remain positive and happy. I believe what I want to believe. If they don't want to believe what we believe. Then that's them them. So god help them. In my own belief's. Other then that. I have nothing more to say to any questions you ask of me RDK. Though I'm sure perhaps Proverbs can say more if he was around.
I don't have the slightest inkling as to what you're trying to say.

RDK: I won't defend it theologically. I don't have the energy now. That's for another day. I'll say this much: I've met hundreds of Christians who have radically changed their lives because of Christianity. How many atheists have had their lives changed by atheism and in such radical ways?
If we're going to go toe-to-toe on "how many atheists vs. Christians have changed their lives radically", I'm going to expect some hard statistics on the matter. And even then, what does radical change prove?

Zero. Maybe they 'feel' better because they can comfort themselves with the idea of 'science' when they feel the lack of God in their heart at night. Or perhaps they just change to being more depressed and cynical. All I know is that the Christians are the ones who sleep soundly.
I'm an atheist, I'm one of the happiest people I know. I have no trouble sleeping at night.

The strange notion that all atheists are amoral b@stards that have trouble sleeping is childish and unfounded.

And even if all of it was false, would you see anything wrong with living in such a way if it did lead to a more "fulfilling" life?
No. If you want to believe such things, more power to you. I would think that you would like to know the truth about things, but if being willfully ignorant floats your boat, I won't rock it.

But in response to your explanation of existence: All you know is 'how' things happened. You don't know why.
Science doesn't aim to explain "why"; that's what philosophy does (or tries to rather). Science, as you've already said, simply explains "how".

And honestly, the whole Big Bang theory sounds a lot like Genesis 1. There was nothing and then suddenly there was.
The idea that there was "nothing" before the Big Bang is false. The Big Bang is simply the creation of our own universe, and doesn't denote a particular "start" as far as the entirety of existence is concerned.

And the Big Bang wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion.

Tell me, can matter be created or destroyed?
What? Matter is destroyed all the time. Matter can be destroyed by being converted into energy. This happens in nuclear reactions (center of the sun, inside an atom or hydrogen bomb).

It's energy that cannot be created or destroyed, but even energy can be converted between its various forms. Look into physics a little bit before making such large claims.

Let me know when you see another universe created, bud.
Is this supposed to a clever argument for the existence of a deity?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Um, let's stop here RDK before Xsy or QKJ close the thread and infract you millions:(. I'd hate to see my good bud in that situation:-p.

SkyAngel and Proverbs, apply to the Proving Grounds. We'll make a thread about this and discuss it in its proper place.

What's bothering me? People that are misinformed:). /ontopic

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah...I hate that.

It's bothering me I can't be with my girlfriend on our anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom