• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Nah, I'm just here for relationship help. That's my only area of expertise. Not because I'm naturally good at it or whatever, just because I've literally made every mistake humanly possible in relationships...multiple times. After 20+ relationships, I can spot mistakes miles away.

I'm glad my foolishness helps someone out <.<;;

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My computer blew up again.
This is getting tiring.
I'm not gonna ask you if you overclock it. lol.

Although just out of curiosity, is the computer on the carpet? Also, is its case on or off?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^I'm really not proud of it x_x;; (in reference to junglefever) And I have no idea why girls even dated me to begin with. It's so weird. I mean, I'm not repulsive, but I'm not THAT attractive. I don't even know <.<;;

Also, Yoshi, I found it XD Was impatient. ;3 However, moving on! What I'd say is just be patient with her. Be understanding, and take it really slow. If you're serious about this woman, any amount of time that you need to wait is worth it. Seriously. Because you'll find girls all over the place that you find attractive or cool or that you get along with--but it's literally one in a million that you really fall for. Once you find one of them, never give up unless it's absolutely clear that nothing's happening. With girls who are more hesitant to date, you have to give it a bit more time.

She might even say that she doesn't like you, or isn't interested. Now, I'm sure 90% of people will disagree with me, here, but I'd say that what she says is not always the truth. Sometimes they say they don't like you, and months later it finally hits them that they do. We don't always know exactly what our emotions are until later on. But, obviously, have sober judgment and don't just sit in wishful thinking.

Now, as for her smiling and saying 'hi', that's not necessarily liking you. If you're convinced, I won't try to dissuade you, but some people just act nice to people they think are socially ignored. That's what happened to me a few years back, luckily I didn't like this girl, though. I was just weirded out and thought that she liked me because she was being overly friendly. But it turns out that she wasn't. However, what I'd say to you is to just take a sober look at it, and if you really think there's something there, just wait out whatever's going on.

I can't tell you what she's thinking or what's happening, but I do know that a lot of girls are very hesitant and don't want to engage in a relationship, even if they like the guy. Sometimes they're just afraid of what's going to change. This is what happened with my first girlfriend. I honestly think she wasn't ready for it and that's what sort of lead to it being a little bit unbalanced.

So, bullet point the ending of this whole rant: Wait. That's all I can tell you. Use this time to really take a sober judgment of where your feelings are at, and what you think hers are at. Beyond that, I'd say try not to worry about it or think about it. Doing that too much just makes you obsessed. So spend your time focused on and doing other things. Seriously. That's the best medicine for these things. Because no girl likes to be the center of the universe. You think they do, but if they're your only love and care, it just becomes too much for them. A girl wants to be swept up into a larger story, rather than be the larger story.

The most beautiful relationships tend to be the couples who are united in a common goal or cause. That's why relationships founded in the Lord tend to flourish so greatly.

Not sure if any of that helped, but let me know if you have any specific questions that you need answered. Since I'm not sure exactly what you were looking for, I just sort of rambled for a bit ^^;;

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hi. I have... girl problems?

I asked this girl out on Friday. She's Indian, short, chubby, and absolutely ****ing adorable. <3

I'm crazy about her. Anyways, I asked her out on Friday, after science class. It was really noisy in the hallways, so I'm not sure she heard me. So I repeated if she'd like to go out for lunch sometime. She said she'd talk to me later.

We still haven't gone out. I asked her at lunch, and she said she was busy, and would most likely be for the week. Understandable enough, except she's sitting with her friends, doing nothing at all.

And... one of my close friends has known her for a while (I'm new to the school) told me that since she's Hindu, she may have strict parents, and they don't let her date, or go to the movies, you know... typical stuff. I'm positive she likes me, she always says "hi" and always smiles and waves at me. But... maybe she's scared? Nervous or something? Because my friend told me she's never had a boyfriend, and most likely has never been asked out... but she's SO cute... T_T

So... what should I do? Take it at a slow pace, or ask her again? Should I mention I would love to know her, take her out to lunch, etc...etc... in a note during class or something?

The girl said she would talk to me during class, which is tommorow. (Oh god...) and maybe I should just let nature take its course?

If her parents are indeed not letting her date... we are both the same age, and it's a fundamental right, up here in Canada, to have the freedom and right of association. Nobody can take that away.

And I'm done. I would like advice, maybe even from chicks themselves? It would help me, and such.

Thanks for listening.
Here it is again...

.Marik

is a social misfit
That post... was really helpful, Proverbs. Thanks so much. =)

I'll do that then. I have never liked a girl this much. Ever. Which may indicate that waiting is indeed worth it.

Proverbs, you're the best shrink ever. Let me know when we can start having sessions. :laugh:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Patience young Skywalker. If she does like you, things will work itself out. I dated a hindu girl once actually. Just needs time. Some parents are uncomfortable with their girls goign out on dates. Since she probably knows this, she will probably be even more hesitant to ask her parents

Just wait it out. Keep talking to her, but don't push her

.Marik

is a social misfit
Patience young Skywalker. If she does like you, things will work itself out. I dated a hindu girl once actually. Just needs time. Some parents are uncomfortable with their girls goign out on dates. Since she probably knows this, she will probably be even more hesitant to ask her parents

Just wait it out. Keep talking to her, but don't push her
I understand. I just need to wait it out and see what happens. Got it. Thanks for the replies.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
That post... was really helpful, Proverbs. Thanks so much. =)

I'll do that then. I have never liked a girl this much. Ever. Which may indicate that waiting is indeed worth it.

Proverbs, you're the best shrink ever. Let me know when we can start having sessions. :laugh:
Hahah, thanks. I'm totally here to help out whenever you need me to ^_^

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Hate to be the downer, but you're probably going to feel like this again in the future. About other girls. That initial attraction (lust? crush?) will pass eventually.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
My teeth hurt like crazy. I had to get two chains (if you have braces/into orthodontics you probably know what that is) on the side of my mouth, so I can't chew.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ouch that's no good.

Lol, Gold Shadow brings a very real point of view that I forgot to mention.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The thing to keep in mind is that things are never going to go exactly the way you want to. People can find their "true" love completely by accident. It isn't something that you can dish out and win, and it certainly isn't something an individual can be good at.

You may be hot or handsome/beautiful and get all the girls/guys, but odds are, you are in it for the lust, and that leads to STDs, unwanted pregnancies, and any other things that will screw you.

You may be the sweetest and kindest person in the world, but if you don't keep yourself groomed with good hygiene, you won't win that girl/guy simple and clean.

You may be intelligent and "think" you know what a girl/guy wants, but if you base everything off of statistics, YOU will be making an error.

In other words, nobody is perfect, and nobody is going to be perfect. There's someone for everyone, but you should never try to get that ONE person, because that one person may not even be a match for you.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The way I see it, what you should be looking for in a man or woman is a strong character. Look for someone who is morally/spiritually impressive. Let that be what attracts you. Because forty years down the road what are you going to want? Someone who was pretty once? Someone who 'understood' you? Or someone who's actually going to be able to keep a stable marriage?

The reason I'm head over heels for the girl I like now is because she is the most spiritual girl I've met in my life. As I got to know her more, I realized we were incredibly similar, had amazing chemistry, and came to realize she was amazingly beautiful. But what was it that caused the initial attraction? Her love for God. And that's going to be something that's going to unite us and keep a strong relationship, if this ever works out.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Agreed.

The best place to look for a potential girl/boyfriend is at churches, libraries, and any other generic goody-to-shoes hangout spots. Not the club, the 'hood, and definitely not in a package store.

Proverbs, I highly suggest you make a thread for this if there hasn't been one already.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Problem is that people won't listen to a blog. Seriously, chances are that they'll read it, maybe even agree, but not apply it when it comes time. Individual advice seems to be the only thing people listen to.

Not -always-, but most of the time. Myself included.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
parents might not let me go to bamboozle tomorrow because of swine flu. i mean i waited on line for 4 hours... got good grades for 2 semesters and even got a date to take to it and now theonly thing standing in my way is a pig virus ....thats really not fair

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The swine flu thing is just a cover-up. They're secretly protecting you from the horrors of Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, Proverbs can write a blog about it if he wants to. It's not going in the Pool Room though.

Too many idiots generalizing women.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'll do that sometime soon. As for now, I'm just bothered by the fact that I give 20 times more than I receive in like 90% of my relationships and it's killing me because people think I'm the one that's not opening up. It's not like I'm holding back from them--it's just that they don't make it easy when everything I ask them to do seems like a chore or a burden. And yet I go far out of my way to be there for them time and again. I continue because I love them, but I hate how they don't see that they're the ones inhibiting our relationship.

Don't mind me, I'm just really not having a good day today.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That's pretty much a telltale sign of "you guys are probably not compatible."

Because I'm sure you've talked to them about it before.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Er, this isn't a romantic relationship. This is just about 90% of my friendships I was talking about <.<;; And I won't give up just because someone's supposedly "not compatible." Honestly, I feel like saying people aren't compatible or can't relate is a huge cop out. We're all humans that experience all of the same life functions, about the same emotions, and very similar thought patterns. As far as I'm concerned, anyone can relate to anyone. Plus, I love these people more than to be the jerk that walks out on them. It's just frustrating.

But who am I to speak? I know God's in a similar situation with me--except to a much larger degree.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Eh, people tell me I have 'high standards' in friendship. Or 'unrealistic standards'. I find that odd, seeing as the reason I have that 'standard' (if you're going to call it that) is because the friends I've had in the past have set the bar there, and likewise, I try to meet that standard. I always feel like friendship is much more than a casual thing, but is just as important, necessary, and meaningful as a romantic relationship.

EDIT: The love blog is up.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I often don't vent, but since I don't mind just saying how I felt before. I was annoyed by people on Gaia Online who of course end up doing stupid stuff I disliked. Mostly some of my so called " Art Online friends." Sort of had a sassy attitude, and one likes to think he's better then everyone. Last but not least my online sister. ( I like to call her my online sis. Cause she acts like a real sister to me. ) ANY WHO....

I just felt when she told me I need to work on certain things with my art. Which she had all this time to tell me before I start feeling courage about making my artwork even more better, but I guess after my other friends ended up telling me not to give up on my work. I told them I was taking a break, but I wanted to stop.... Of course my friends didn't let me, but I need a break. Which is why I decided to run away for a while from Gaia, and come to this forum. Because honestly I made better friends then most on Gaia. If this topic brawl never showed up period. I don't think I would of met anyone around here at all.

However I do get annoyed how people like to also accuse that they are better then them, and that the spelling, and grammers bother people. I guess often it does, but... Some just got something nasty to say about it. Instead of being helpful in a (Good way. ) Like... ( I don't know something that won't offend people when they do have bad grammer, and spelling. ) Just annoying how people want things to be perfect. I end up hating that for a fact. Or being called Emo. Just because your emotional, and let me not get into detail. I'll stop venting it doesn't do me no good. XDD

So yeah I'm good. I just wanted to vent for today. XD

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I hate being such a forgetful person at times.....I usually just go a long time, everything's good, nothing wrong, and then bam, I forget something stupid, especially this week. This week a lost a check for 310 dollars at school and i had a band competition yesterday, but I left my instrument on the bus Friday night!!!! I'm so pissed, and my parents were too, and they keep saying how disappointed they are with me and they are thinking of a big punishment and its really bad cus my music director is mad now too cus I was the lead saxophone player and I didn't show up! How do I help myself this happens all the time.....I'm getting really sick of it and no matter how much I try I can't stop my forgetfulness!! =(

I feel better now, rant over =D But seriously any tips?

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
If it makes you feel better, I also have a terrible memory (most of my friends make fun of me for it). I have lost so many things and my parents have always given me hell over it too lol.

I try my hardest to consciously check for anything when I get up from a seat. I still forget sometimes, but I've improved a lot. You just need to make a habit out of it and at least remove the risk factors that lead you to forgetting things. Never leave a seat without checking for your stuff. If you must leave things outside (like your instrument) try to keep it at your feet. That way even if you forget about it, your shoe will get stuck on it when you stand up. If it's a 30 minute journey keep reminding yourself ''Don't forget anything.'' during the journey.

Also, try to avoid carrying things in your hand if you don't need to. Put things away as soon as you are done with them. Never leave them on a table to pick up later, because you will forget it then :p

If all else fails, I guess you can hope your friends save you...

zeldspazz

Smash Master
What happens is I tend to do that, and then someone says something or something happens and my mind then gets totally focused on that thing, and I forget about every thing else. Also, I usually do put my sax between my feet, but on Friday there wasn't enough room so I asked my friend to hold it. Then we both forget it's there and you know the rest...so I do try to do the things you are saying, but I'm just really bad at it. I guess practice is all I ca do. Thanks

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I've got a school problem that I reeeeeally need help with. It's been bugging me since the beginning of the school year.

I go to a very Catholic High School....very. It's a good school. The education is very very good. over 96% of the kids that attend it graduate and go to college. Many of those colleges being Ivy League. It's gotten 5 awards *2 that are catholic awards <_<;* and some famous people have gone there. Like the girl who did the voice of the little mermaid and the young male teacher from Boy Meets World. Everyone there is mostly nice and the teachers care, but there's one thing that makes me feel like crap evverytime I enter it: The Catholic bias of it.

I hate it. I can't stand it. I'm Catholic, but I don't believe everything they say. And it's a zealous Catholic school. The type where you get the feeling of "Believe this, or you'll burn in Hell", "Catholics are the only ones right", "You have to believe this", "you can use contraception, but you'll have to answer to God for it", etc. It keeps making me feel brainwashed. It's like I don't even knw what to think anymore. They keep giving me so much crap. How the Church is perfect but stil lnot perfect. And i get stuff like "The Church never sold indulgences" I have a handout saying that. It's a "myth".

All of this is really making me depressed at times. My week usually goes like this:

Monday: fine
Tuesday: Worried
Wednesday: "Wtf am i supposed to believe"
Thursday: "When is friday coming, but who cares I'm going to Hell anyways right? -_-"
Friday: "Get me the heck out of here. NOW!"
Saturday: No school so no problems, relaxed
Sunday: same as saturday

It's really stressing me out and depressed...it's like gonig into another world in that school. And I have to go there, I can't leave it till i graduate.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I've got a school problem that I reeeeeally need help with. It's been bugging me since the beginning of the school year.

I go to a very Catholic High School....very. It's a good school. The education is very very good. over 96% of the kids that attend it graduate and go to college. Many of those colleges being Ivy League. It's gotten 5 awards *2 that are catholic awards <_<;* and some famous people have gone there. Like the girl who did the voice of the little mermaid and the young male teacher from Boy Meets World. Everyone there is mostly nice and the teachers care, but there's one thing that makes me feel like crap evverytime I enter it: The Catholic bias of it.

I hate it. I can't stand it. I'm Catholic, but I don't believe everything they say. And it's a zealous Catholic school. The type where you get the feeling of "Believe this, or you'll burn in Hell", "Catholics are the only ones right", "You have to believe this", "you can use contraception, but you'll have to answer to God for it", etc. It keeps making me feel brainwashed. It's like I don't even knw what to think anymore. They keep giving me so much crap. How the Church is perfect but stil lnot perfect. And i get stuff like "The Church never sold indulgences" I have a handout saying that. It's a "myth".

All of this is really making me depressed at times. My week usually goes like this:

Monday: fine
Tuesday: Worried
Wednesday: "Wtf am i supposed to believe"
Thursday: "When is friday coming, but who cares I'm going to Hell anyways right? -_-"
Friday: "Get me the heck out of here. NOW!"
Saturday: No school so no problems, relaxed
Sunday: same as saturday

It's really stressing me out and depressed...it's like gonig into another world in that school. And I have to go there, I can't leave it till i graduate.
Proverbs can probably help you out much better than I can, Luke. He is active in this thread.

But if you need my input, not every group of religious people may be to your liking. Everybody has their choice of Church they wish to go to; there is no specific place you need to go. Mainly, because there are a few (or more) Church congregations that malpractice in religion. Threatening people to convert them to followers of Christ is not a holy method at all. Serving God is not just out of fear, but out of love for Him and His people. If you live your entire life trying to follow the Gospel because you don't want to go to hell, you are going to have a hard time understanding God's love for you.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God."

Life is a race. Your goal is to make it at the end. But most people miss the point of the race, by running away from troubles and danger.

Basically, Luke, it all comes down to what YOU believe, not what others believe. You need to experience and be a witness of God's works, but that requires having a totally different mindset. You have to have a whole new perspective of things. You can't believe everything that is being said to you.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Proverbs can probably help you out much better than I can, Luke. He is active in this thread.

But if you need my input, not every group of religious people may be to your liking. Everybody has their choice of Church they wish to go to; there is no specific place you need to go. Mainly, because there are a few (or more) Church congregations that malpractice in religion. Threatening people to convert them to followers of Christ is not a holy method at all. Serving God is not just out of fear, but out of love for Him and His people. If you live your entire life trying to follow the Gospel because you don't want to go to hell, you are going to have a hard time understanding God's love for you.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God."

Life is a race. Your goal is to make it at the end. But most people miss the point of the race, by running away from troubles and danger.

Basically, Luke, it all comes down to what YOU believe, not what others believe. You need to experience and be a witness of God's works, but that requires having a totally different mindset. You have to have a whole new perspective of things. You can't believe everything that is being said to you.

Thanks KC. what you said makes sense. Before I went to this school, i went to a catholic grade school. It wasnt anything like this. *fyi, I'm Catholic but I'm nothing like that hs....and I dont bash other people's believes...that's just wrong* I used to believe more in religious things and I even liked to help our local church whenever i could...but when i got to this hs *mostly this year* I feel like I'm being told what to believe. Like I have no opinion in what I believe. And it's made me not even want to look at another Catholic school. I feel like it's made me kind of prejudice toward anything religious. And I didn't always used to be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom