• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
My bf was asked by his Indian friend to fly to India and marry his sister just to bring her to America, all for $5000. With the way things are now, $5000 is a LOT of *** money, but him getting married doesn't sit well with me, even if it is for marital citizenship. I doubt he will fall for her, but going to India in the first place is completely out of the way, and there is no guarantee if things will go well.

I'm not some paranoid person, but marriage? NO WAI. lolol. Well of course the minute they file for citizenship, he can easily Superman dat ho.

jkjk

But jokes aside, if he decides to do it, it's fine. But I don't want him to get scammed in any kind of way.
O_O
yo...
My ex-gf had some foreigner asking her to marry him so he could get his green card. He was gonna give her five grand as well. I know that's a lot of money and all but that s**t is risky...worst part is she was seeeeeeriously considering it. Aaaaaaand now ya know why she's my ex. She didn't go through with it...but bulls**t like this can bring out someone's true colors.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
O_O
yo...
My ex-gf had some foreigner asking her to marry him so he could get his green card. He was gonna give her five grand as well. I know that's a lot of money and all but that s**t is risky...worst part is she was seeeeeeriously considering it. Aaaaaaand now ya know why she's my ex. She didn't go through with it...but bulls**t like this can bring out someone's true colors.
Was that the main reason for the breakup? Her having cold feet when it came down to doing it? Or you just didn't like her attitude going toward it; like she didn't think about or something?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Was that the main reason for the breakup? Her having cold feet when it came down to doing it? Or you just didn't like her attitude going toward it; like she didn't think about or something?
That wasn't the MAIN reason for the breakup...but after the incident it really had me questioning her morals and her true feelings. She did end up cheating a month or two later. After I found out I kicked that ho to the curb. Like I said it can bring out someone's true colors. If I was being asked to marry some illegal immigrant for 5 Gs I would turn them down with the quickness. But hey, some people are just that desperate for a quick buck :ohwell:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
My bf was asked by his Indian friend to fly to India and marry his sister just to bring her to America, all for $5000. With the way things are now, $5000 is a LOT of *** money, but him getting married doesn't sit well with me, even if it is for marital citizenship. I doubt he will fall for her, but going to India in the first place is completely out of the way, and there is no guarantee if things will go well.

I'm not some paranoid person, but marriage? NO WAI. lolol. Well of course the minute they file for citizenship, he can easily Superman dat ho.

jkjk

But jokes aside, if he decides to do it, it's fine. But I don't want him to get scammed in any kind of way.
If she was REALLY his friend, she wouldn't be asking for such a high price favor. I mean does she know you're with him? This is entirely disrespectful of her, imo.

Smash Master
I don't see the problem. If the transaction is beneficial to both parties, they should complete it. If your friend feels like he's getting ripped off to marry and travel for $5000, then he should ask for a higher price.

Smash Master
Would it really be better if you cared?

It's like the Simpsons episode where Lisa was on Ignoritol.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I don't see the problem. If the transaction is beneficial to both parties, they should complete it. If your friend feels like he's getting ripped off to marry and travel for $5000, then he should ask for a higher price.
Lol do you know how easy it is to get SCAMMED these days...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, I did a little research, and apparently marriage citizenship just for the convenience of speeding up the immigration process is illegal, so no 5k for us. lol

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I was expecting that. The law wouldn't be so stupid to allow that.

lol @ offering money to people without even knowing about the subject

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Illegal or not, I would still be "Uh, ****ing no" to my boyfriend about that. **** that ****. She can find her own way over to the states instead of abusing the system(which we don't realy need here. Jobs are bad enough as it is).

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
hey my parents aren't into anime and they really don't get that i like it alot but anyways they let me go to a concert in Colorado but wont let me go to a convention in our home state WTH? any suggestions?

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Were you with friends at the concert? Will you be with friends at the convention? Maybe they think concerts have more security than conventions and feel safer. It is odd they would allow you to go to concerts before conventions.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Were you with friends at the concert? Will you be with friends at the convention? Maybe they think concerts have more security than conventions and feel safer. It is odd they would allow you to go to concerts before conventions.
yes and they will be at the convention

Are we talking about a Metallica or Christina Aguilera concert?
we are talking warp tour

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Facebook keeps on telling me I have a new Event invitation EVERYDAY and when I click on it it just goes to the Home, dumb glitch is bothering since last week. <_<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I did a little research, and apparently marriage citizenship just for the convenience of speeding up the immigration process is illegal, so no 5k for us. lol
Glad you did. My mother always asks me if I could marry... a cousin to get her in to the country. >_>

Now I know that it would not do a thing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Let's see, I'm supposed to take my English final today but for some reason it requires a password I do not have. I have tried my student ID and the password I have for that website, nothing goes through.

I contacted my professor, hopefully he'll take care of it.:)

*Keeps hitting refresh on student mail*

Skrah

Smash Ace
My name's been bothering me. Why the hell is it silver? Everybody's is yellow, or red, or blue or pink.

The color's cool, but the why is bugging me off.

Sephiroth has one too...

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
THIS IS WHATS PISSING ME OFF LATELY

Obama has legally labeled me, and other like minded peopel, as "Right Wing Extremists." He fails to understand Christian values and he has attempted to take away the voting rights of military personnel. F***!!!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
THIS IS WHATS PISSING ME OFF LATELY

Obama has legally labeled me, and other like minded peopel, as "Right Wing Extremists." He fails to understand Christian values and he has attempted to take away the voting rights of military personnel. F***!!!!
Great, now I can't tell if you're serious or not.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No except a lot of people group all republicans as Right Wing Evangelic Extremist. There's actually nothing more infuriating when you get grouped like that when you say you are a Republican. I am not pro-life, I am not anti stem cell and for gay rights. But due to my conservative nature on the economy, I consider myself a republican.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
My name's been bothering me. Why the hell is it silver? Everybody's is yellow, or red, or blue or pink.

The color's cool, but the why is bugging me off.

Sephiroth has one too...
Silver? It's yellow, just like everyone else's

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hi. I have... girl problems?

I asked this girl out on Friday. She's Indian, short, chubby, and absolutely ****ing adorable. <3

I'm crazy about her. Anyways, I asked her out on Friday, after science class. It was really noisy in the hallways, so I'm not sure she heard me. So I repeated if she'd like to go out for lunch sometime. She said she'd talk to me later.

We still haven't gone out. I asked her at lunch, and she said she was busy, and would most likely be for the week. Understandable enough, except she's sitting with her friends, doing nothing at all.

And... one of my close friends has known her for a while (I'm new to the school) told me that since she's Hindu, she may have strict parents, and they don't let her date, or go to the movies, you know... typical stuff. I'm positive she likes me, she always says "hi" and always smiles and waves at me. But... maybe she's scared? Nervous or something? Because my friend told me she's never had a boyfriend, and most likely has never been asked out... but she's SO cute... T_T

So... what should I do? Take it at a slow pace, or ask her again? Should I mention I would love to know her, take her out to lunch, etc...etc... in a note during class or something?

The girl said she would talk to me during class, which is tommorow. (Oh god...) and maybe I should just let nature take its course?

If her parents are indeed not letting her date... we are both the same age, and it's a fundamental right, up here in Canada, to have the freedom and right of association. Nobody can take that away.

And I'm done. I would like advice, maybe even from chicks themselves? It would help me, and such.

Thanks for listening.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No except a lot of people group all republicans as Right Wing Evangelic Extremist. There's actually nothing more infuriating when you get grouped like that when you say you are a Republican. I am not pro-life, I am not anti stem cell and for gay rights. But due to my conservative nature on the economy, I consider myself a republican.
That's because the Extremists are the loudest ones. It also doesn't help that conservative commentators pretty much claim the Republican party should move more to the right. The rational ones such as yourselves are either seen as traitors, libertarians, or just plain ditched the party

Mewter

Smash Master
Oh also.
I was reading a book on astrophysics in class, (I brought it in, myself) and one of my friends just came up to me and called it a book "full of lies", just because there's a picture of a black hole on the front, and they haven't even read it! Then my friend and I started arguing over it. I need help getting over my frustration....:urg: The only thing bothering me is his ignorance when he hasn't even read it.... otherwise, I would totally be fine with it.
Any tips?
/endrant

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Oh also.
I was reading a book on astrophysics in class, (I brought it in, myself) and one of my friends just came up to me and called it a book "full of lies", just because there's a picture of a black hole on the front, and they haven't even read it! Then my friend and I started arguing over it. I need help getting over my frustration....:urg: The only thing bothering me is his ignorance when he hasn't even read it.... otherwise, I would totally be fine with it.
Any tips?
/endrant
There is only one thing you can do, Mewter.

Boot to the head.

Mewter

Smash Master
There is only one thing you can do, Mewter.

Boot to the head.
No, shoe to the head.
Next time, I'll bring something better to school, like another fiction book. Then again, there are those teachers always complaining about how everyone's reading
Twilight
too many fiction books.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Wow, today was all-around horrible. I'm waiting for it to end.

I got one-upped in presentations, took a nap that stretched through a class that I REALLY didn't need to miss (that's one lecture of notes that I won't be able to use in the final exam), then proceeded to realize that I didn't even have the proper knowledge to complete an assignment for yet another class.

And now I've 7 hours to figure out some kind of answer for some interview questions. Easy enough, right? Well, I guess it will be once I get used to lying about myself. Because I guarantee the REAL answers to those questions wouldn't land me a job ANYWHERE.

Smash Master
Everybody lies during an interview.

Repeat after me: "I just want to help humanity reach its full potential."

"When I'm not feeding the poor or building shelters for the homeless, I enjoy reading to blind people."

I got a final at 7:30a.m. tomorrow, and anpother one at 7:30 am thursday. I'm so nervous, but I can't bring myself to do any intense studying because I keep feeling overwhelmed. I know it's stupid.

Junglefever: economic conservative + social liberal = libertarian.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I know, but if I were to vote, I'm more prone to vote republican than anything.

Except this election, where I couldn't bring myself to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom