• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I tried buying a textbook online and it didn't go through the first, so I tried doing it again it still woudn't go through so I stopped. I checked my bank account online and I find that over 100$ is no longer in my account because the bank is processing the charge for the same book I bought twice. I can't call the bank to fix it cuz my phone doesn't have any money on it, I can't add money on my phone because everytime I try to call the phone company(this is supposed to work even if there is no money on your phone) but my phone keeps dropping the call when I'm supposed to get transferred to a live adviser. I think this maybe because my service is disconnected because I didn't add any money to the phone for over a month, and for that reason I'm afraid add any money to the account online.

This all really sucks.
I'm probably being ridiculously naive when I say this, but could you not just borrow a phone? I mean, you could ask a friend or something if you could use their phone for a couple of minutes.

Edit - Never mind, I was being stupid, lol. :laugh:

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, help me with this scenario guys:

My sister and I go to a house party. Everythings going fine until someone brings illegal substanes. My sister and I don't know about these substances, so we don't leave nor do we partake in their usage. The police show up:

Can my sister and I get in trouble? Do we have a good chance of getting in trouble? Even if we didn't participate in any illegal activities?

Same scenario, except we DO find out about the illegal substance, and leave immediately. Is there any chance of us getting in trouble?

Only reason I'm mentioning my sister is cause she's my ride lol, for now.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Ok, help me with this scenario guys:

My sister and I go to a house party. Everythings going fine until someone brings illegal substanes. My sister and I don't know about these substances, so we don't leave nor do we partake in their usage. The police show up:

Can my sister and I get in trouble? Do we have a good chance of getting in trouble? Even if we didn't participate in any illegal activities?

Same scenario, except we DO find out about the illegal substance, and leave immediately. Is there any chance of us getting in trouble?

Only reason I'm mentioning my sister is cause she's my ride lol, for now.
If the police showed up and you guys were there, as long as you guys did not participate they can't charge you with anything.

That being said, they may call your parents and tell them where you were if you're under 18.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Merkuri, I'd say walk to the bank, but you're probably just gonna have to wait it out until after labor day at this point.

Mariobrouser, if you're withing reaching distance of the illegal substances, you can be charged with possesion. Other than that, you should be clear.

BSP

Smash Legend
If the police showed up and you guys were there, as long as you guys did not participate they can't charge you with anything.
Are you positive? I keep trying to tell this to my mother and sister, but they still won't pay attention to me.

That being said, they may call your parents and tell them where you were if you're under 18.
Wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't go anywhere without telling my parents where I would be.

Mariobrouser, if you're withing reaching distance of the illegal substances, you can be charged with possesion. Other than that, you should be clear.
If we were THAT close, we'd notice, then we'd leave, pretty fast. I don't think that would be a problem either.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Are you positive? I keep trying to tell this to my mother and sister, but they still won't pay attention to me.

Wouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't go anywhere without telling my parents where I would be.

If we were THAT close, we'd notice, then we'd leave, pretty fast. I don't think that would be a problem either.
Yeah I am positive... though I still don't think it'd be a good idea to go to such a party if you were underage. Also, it doesn't make your mother look good if she allowed you to go to such a party.

BSP

Smash Legend
All right, thanks for the help.

And if we were 100% positive that there would be drinking and all that other stuff, we wouldn't go anyway. Talking about high school stuff, so it's possible, but I just want to know if we'd automatically be in trouble if it happened.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well logically if you didn't know I'm sure you would be fine. They might come over and ask you things (have you been smoking today?) [things like that, but don't be offended if they ask you that, they have to ask that to everyone], but you should be fine if you don't get nervous and tell them you were there just to have fun.

If you do find out, then maybe you SHOULD leave because then you don't know what would happen. Just don't panic, be calm. If something happens, explain calmly to the police what you were doing. They should understand. They'd probably tell you to wait where you are or something, as well. They don't want you to escape or anything haha.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well, first you must ask yourself if you are in the negatives or not. If not, then better no money than owing money.

Like, if you have citizens bank, and you are in negative, you better ask a friend to lend you enough money to get you into positive within 3 days!

If you are positive you'll have to wait it out until you get payed again, and learn from your mistakes. (Double check your money amount in the bank, if you buy something and you messed up from where you use the money, you might get yourself screwwweed)
I'm not in the negatives, I just want my phone to be online again and the Monday back in account. The bank isn't open on weekends, and my phone company is having some kind of overload right now. It'll be at least Monday till I'm able to clear anything up.

Merkuri, I'd say walk to the bank, but you're probably just gonna have to wait it out until after labor day at this point.
**** Monday is a holiday. I can't get this cleared up until Tuesday then. This sucks even more then.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
so i got kicked out of my bros town house...
he kicked me out for taking his bmw M3 for the weekend when he was out of town.

one of my boys ex girlfriends hit me up, told me i could crash at her townhouse, open house. Shes super nice to me and very caring. We have a good friendship and had some good times for like 2 nights. Then i go to my boys party (her ex) and he flips out on me and tells me he cant be friends with me if im at her house...iv known this guy for years and i shouldnt of went but it just ended up like that and i had grown closer to his girl than him. I barly chill with him anymore and his girl took me in right away...shady.

I deff crossed the line...(slept with her in her bed twice, nothing happened tho)...he was PISSED when he found out. I told him i would get out right away and i was just there cuz she offered me a place right away even tho she was broken up at that point.

I fell bad. Im closer to his ex than him. uuughhh

now i have no place to stay cuz i could stay with my best friend but he lives with his girl and his girl hates me cuz im with her boyfriend allll the time and shes jealous. I know shell let me crash there but only cuz im her boyfriends best friend...

so im basically homeless

Merkuri

Smash Lord
so i got kicked out of my bros town house...
he kicked me out for taking his bmw M3 for the weekend when he was out of town.

one of my boys ex girlfriends hit me up, told me i could crash at her townhouse, open house. Shes super nice to me and very caring. We have a good friendship and had some good times for like 2 nights. Then i go to my boys party (her ex) and he flips out on me and tells me he cant be friends with me if im at her house...iv known this guy for years and i shouldnt of went but it just ended up like that and i had grown closer to his girl than him. I barly chill with him anymore and his girl took me in right away...shady.

I deff crossed the line...(slept with her in her bed twice, nothing happened tho)...he was PISSED when he found out. I told him i would get out right away and i was just there cuz she offered me a place right away even tho she was broken up at that point.

I fell bad. Im closer to his ex than him. uuughhh

now i have no place to stay cuz i could stay with my best friend but he lives with his girl and his girl hates me cuz im with her boyfriend allll the time and shes jealous. I know shell let me crash there but only cuz im her boyfriends best friend...

so im basically homeless
Believe me I understand not wanting to ruin a friendship with someone you're close to. But you are making a mistake!!

That friend of yours is no longer with that girl, THEY ARE BORKEN UP!! Therefore he has no right to tell you not to stay at her house when you really need it. Especially when he isn't offering you a place to him. I mean honestly do you not see how ridiculously selfish his mentality is? That friend of yours is only thinking about himself, he isn't thinking about you at all. You shouldn't render yourself just to please his immature selfish emotions.

Also his ex was nice enough to give you a place to stay, and like you said you're closer with her then you are with him, you should ask her if you could still play at her place(and do it quickly) lastly that girl isn't simply his ex-girlfriend, she is your friend too. Lastly keep in mind that she has become your friend first, and your friend's ex-girlfriend second.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
I just discovered I'm possibly bi... I don't know what to do about that
This.
10this.
I just came out to my gay brother, and it went well, but he's the only person I can really trust considering I just moved again and I'm certain both my parents would instahate me if I told them...

rsr2

Smash Lord
Ok this is going to sound weird but this is what has been bothering me recently.

Okay recently I started to hang out with my High School friends again because I found their facebooks and we started to chat. Well they live pretty far away from me. Anyway they came up and asked if they can stay at my house for a few days. I said that's fine by me. Well about day 2, I took them to the place I would hang out and volunteer at. It's a video gaming/LAN place. They loved it. Now this is where it goes wrong. At first I was fine going up there and hanging out with them. I introduced them to all of the people I hang out with. Things were going great for a couple days. I had to type papers for college so I had to leave early. They would come back to my house at like 4am. At first I had no problem with it. But then in the past two weeks, things were starting to change. All of the sudden, the have been coming back later and later. Hell they just showed up here like 5 minutes ago from there and it's 7:30am EST. I don't know what to do. They come here and use my house to pretty much sleep like a hotel and leave all day. They also come here and eat all my food and complain that I really don't have much to provide for entertainment (Don't think sexual :p) What should I do? Should I tell them to leave? Should I tell them to not go up there? Should I tell the boss what has been going on? I just don't know. I mean I don't want to be rude because they really have no place to go at the moment until their friend comes and gets them. They don't have a car so it's not that easy. I just don't know. Yes long paragraph is long.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You don't have to be rude about it. You're already being nice by letting them stay there. If you ask them to not be coming back so late or whatever it is that's giving you problems, they should respect your wishes, since you're lending them your place for free.

If that doesn't work, then you have a problem. Unless I misunderstood your post...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lock them out past a certain time. Tell them that you have to sleep, and that you won't allow that. Tell em to find another place to bunk at if they will do that again.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
poontang is poontang
GFT(everyone looks the same in the dark ;) ). While we're on the topic I gotta say

My Muscles bring all the Girls to the yard, And their like, your better than him.

Masahiro is in a brutes situation, Yeah that'd be crossing a few lines easy, should have thought things through man, Hope everything works itself out though.

rsr2

Smash Lord
You don't have to be rude about it. You're already being nice by letting them stay there. If you ask them to not be coming back so late or whatever it is that's giving you problems, they should respect your wishes, since you're lending them your place for free.

If that doesn't work, then you have a problem. Unless I misunderstood your post...
No you got it :p I have told them to stop last week and a couple days ago, but they continue to do it even though I have to get some sleep for college. I told them that they should know what it's like being rudely awaken before college. But they just don't seem to care. However I did arrange to sit and talk with them later.

Lock them out past a certain time. Tell them that you have to sleep, and that you won't allow that. Tell em to find another place to bunk at if they will do that again.
I have actually considered this too. If they continue to do this for a couple more days, that is what I am going to do. It will be funny and I will just tell the, ask someone at the D-Fly to stay at their place.

rsr2

Smash Lord
This.
10this.
I just came out to my gay brother, and it went well, but he's the only person I can really trust considering I just moved again and I'm certain both my parents would instahate me if I told them...
I doubt they would hate you, you are their child. I mean do they accept your brother? If they do, I feel you really having nothing to worry about. I bet it would be tough to tell them because one of my good friend took 3 years to tell his parents that he was gay and they were full support about it. So that is my advice. If you want, I can ask one of my gay friends and I can have him help you if you need it :D

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I am having an impossible time finding a job, this country is down the drain right now....gotta keep trucking though.

Oh and I've known I was bi for like 6-7 years now, the only person I've told is my ex GF.

It's literally the most annoying thing in the world to have hanging over you.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My ride to the airport is coming in...

Two and a half hours? Maybe less?

Yeah, I'm boned. Can't sleep. Nervous as hell. Unable to deflect all of this energy even into something to keep me occupied; I just wanna prance around the apartment in my PJs, waiting for whatever ******** fear of mine that makes the "Sword of Damocles" metaphor (or homily, since I use it so often) apt.

;_;

Smooth Criminal

Smash Master
There should be a national come-out-of-the-closet day somewhere around 6 months from now.

It feels like most of the stigma is self-imposed. The gay people that can hide it do, so the only people that the uneducated masses think are gay are the ones that exhibit flamboyant characteristics, which causes them to hate, which provides further incentive for gay people to hide it.

Hmmm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_out apparantly national coming out day is Oct. 11. That's pretty close.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's other peoples attitude towards gay/bi people that makes it hard.

If everyone was cool with it there would be no problem.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It's other peoples attitude towards gay/bi people that makes it hard.

If everyone was cool with it there would be no problem.

That's interesting you say that, because people who disagree with homosexuality feel like they have to keep their opinion concealed, in fear of being immediately judged and stereotyped by those who accept homosexuality.

In our modern climate, it's ok to support homosexuality, but not openly support the reverse. It's not ok to insult those who support homosexuality, or are gay, but once you hear someone disagrees with it, people feel they're entitled to insult them straight away.

I find it interesting that both the gays, and those who disagree with it, both fear how they will be looked upon if they're open about it.

We all sympathise with the gays who fear coming out, and we should, because that would be hard, but I wonder how much sympathy someone who disagrees with homosexuality would get if he said he feared being open about his opinion, in case he immediately gets judged and stereotyped.

What do you guys think?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
That's interesting you say that, because people who disagree with homosexuality feel like they have to keep their opinion concealed, in fear of being immediately judged and stereotyped by those who accept homosexuality.

In our modern climate, it's ok to support homosexuality, but not openly support the reverse. It's not ok to insult those who support homosexuality, or are gay, but once you hear someone disagrees with it, people feel they're entitled to insult them straight away.

I find it interesting that both the gays, and those who disagree with it, both fear how they will be looked upon if they're open about it.

We all sympathise with the gays who fear coming out, and we should, because that would be hard, but I wonder how much sympathy someone who disagrees with homosexuality would get if he said he feared being open about his opinion, in case he immediately gets judged and stereotyped.

What do you guys think?
lol

The gays!!

Anyways....

Eager to start a healthy discussion are we? In the something bothering you thread.....?
You do make some good points imo.

But why state that you don't support homosexuality? What good does that do?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I didn't state I was against it. Nowadays I prefer not to disclose my personal views, as to avoid heated argument, judgement, and being stereotyped.

The point of the post wasn't to debate whether homosexuality was right or not.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I didn't state I was against it. Nowadays I prefer not to disclose my personal views, as to avoid heated argument, judgement, and being stereotyped.

The point of the post wasn't to debate whether homosexuality was right or not.
Sorry, I didn't word it very well. I didn't mean to imply that you were against it lol
What I meant was why should a person state that they don't support homosexuality?

And homosexuality isn't right. But it's not wrong either. It's a part of what some people are. That's it.

Some people support it, and that's cool. It helps people "come out" and get used to the idea that they may may not be 100% straight.
Some people don't support it, and that's cool too. Unfortunately, when I person says " I don't agree with idea of homosexuality" it often translates into "I don't like homosexuals" because people are dumb.

So again, why state that you (not you specifically :p) don't "agree" with homosexuality? It will inevitably push some buttons and get some people riled up over nothing. People are like that. So it's best to just avoid stating opinions when it comes to touchy subjects.

That's my view, in short, on the matter anyways.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I understand your point that an anti-homosexual shouldn't unecessarily state their opinion and upset people needlessly. But at the same time, suppose it is brought up, and a pro-homosexual says they support it, it isn't fair that the anti homosexual isn't allowed the intellectual freedom to state their opinion. The fact they're advised not to defend themselves means they can't promote an understanding of their belief, and everyone else is just left with negative stereotypes of anti homosexuals, because only the narrow minded and Insensitive ones will be the ones still throwing their opinion out there.

It's like sexism. I'm not sexist, and I can safely say that without concern of the consequences. But if I believed women were inferior, I wouldn't be able to defend my position against all the criticism it gets, or at least I would have to be a woman to do it.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
How about you both just not argue about it anyway?
And thanks for the help.
October 11th sounds prettttyyyy good.
They're having a pleasant discussion. Leave them be.

@Dre

I'm not sure of your location, but I am all for free expression.

Around where I live though... if you're seen walking down the street holding hands with someone of your gender... you are asking for a bashing.

You CAN'T do that here. It isn't even so much that people will stereotype you or not accept you.... they will HURT YOU. Physically. :(

Edit: I just looked at your location and saw Australia. That may be why. Your country is a tad more accepting of LBGT peoples than places like the United States.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I never necessarily said that is just as hard for an anti gay to come out, as it may be for a gay. In that scenario the gay definitely has it alot harder, especially because I'm not aware of any gays that bash anti gays.

Smash Master
Yeah its totally hip to support being gay, even though every gay marriage poll ever would tell you otherwise. Prop 8 ring any bells?

Honestly, like I can understand saying women are treated better than men, or black people are treated better than white people, but gays treated better than straights? I always assumed that was just patently known to be false, kind of like how Muslims < Christians.

And yeah, being anti-gay should get you persecuted, kind of like believing 2 + 2 = 5, only with more treating people like crap.

Then again, I have to walk through the Dove Outreach Center like every day (you know, the Quran burners.) So I'm prolly bitter/biased, which is perfect for this thread.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I understand your point that an anti-homosexual shouldn't unecessarily state their opinion and upset people needlessly. But at the same time, suppose it is brought up, and a pro-homosexual says they support it, it isn't fair that the anti homosexual isn't allowed the intellectual freedom to state their opinion. The fact they're advised not to defend themselves means they can't promote an understanding of their belief, and everyone else is just left with negative stereotypes of anti homosexuals, because only the narrow minded and Insensitive ones will be the ones still throwing their opinion out there.

It's like sexism. I'm not sexist, and I can safely say that without concern of the consequences. But if I believed women were inferior, I wouldn't be able to defend my position against all the criticism it gets, or at least I would have to be a woman to do it.
It's not that you're being advised not to defend yourself, it's that if you do your arguments will be countered easily.

You can have any views you want but if your views get countered easily and you're unable to find a way to defend them properly then maybe, to put it bluntly, your views are just bigoted.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's not that you're being advised not to defend yourself, it's that if you do your arguments will be countered easily.

You can have any views you want but if your views get countered easily and you're unable to find a way to defend them properly then maybe, to put it bluntly, your views are just bigoted.
You can make valid arguments as to why homosexuality is wrong. It's just that we live in anti-prejudicial society so people will quickly attack your claims and other people will back the people attacking your claims even if their claims are faulty/erroneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom