• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
All of it or the message that Jesus is the Son of God etc.?
Obviously the part where Jesus is the son of god is fiction. A large portion of it may be historical, but considering all of the things in it that are obviously false I don't really see why it should be called anything but fiction.

Take a modern book, say The Da Vinci Code. Any normal person would consider this to be fiction, even though it features actual historical places.

Same with the Bible. The authors took great liberty with the material they were working with; there are no doubt people in it that really did live at some point, but it was written with a religious viewpoint.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
i was chilling by myself yesterday and just kinda enjoying alone time when i had the strangest urge to smoke. i've smoked a little before, but never regularly, and i have a pretty non-smoking attitude. but for some reason, it just seemed like that was a good time to smoke. it's a bit unsettling ><"

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i was chilling by myself yesterday and just kinda enjoying alone time when i had the strangest urge to smoke. i've smoked a little before, but never regularly, and i have a pretty non-smoking attitude. but for some reason, it just seemed like that was a good time to smoke. it's a bit unsettling ><"
Did you indulge?

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Lately, I've been lonely and depressed. It's kind of obvious to everyone else because a few people came up and asked me why I was moping around. I tell my closest friends that I just want to do something fun and different (I say different because we usually go to one girl's house and play cards. ALL. THE. MUKKING. TIME.) with them before we go our separate ways (We all just graduated high school and some of us are moving. One's going to Washington D.C., one's going to Reno, one might move to the Philippines, etc.).

I start to feel better because another female friend randomly decides to do a sweet thing and text me a heart every hour. She's also the only interaction I've had (other than in the forums) all week.

But then I see some of my close friends (including my best friend) post pictures on Tumblr and Facebook about stuff they did. (Just generic stuff that everyday people do, but things that we rarely do. Mall, movies, etc.) They're all "OMG GUYS DIS WAS FUN XD WE SHUD DO DIS AGEN XD".
I don't know what's worse: the fact that I was and depressed, that my best friend didn't care to ask what was wrong or help me out, or that I am convinced none of them care about me whatsoever.

Yeah, I know I sound like some whiny girl. Yeah, it seems like I want attention, but that's just been bothering me.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lately, I've been lonely and depressed. It's kind of obvious to everyone else because a few people came up and asked me why I was moping around. I tell my closest friends that I just want to do something fun and different (I say different because we usually go to one girl's house and play cards. ALL. THE. MUKKING. TIME.) with them before we go our separate ways (We all just graduated high school and some of us are moving. One's going to Washington D.C., one's going to Reno, one might move to the Philippines, etc.).

I start to feel better because another female friend randomly decides to do a sweet thing and text me a heart every hour. She's also the only interaction I've had (other than in the forums) all week.

But then I see some of my close friends (including my best friend) post pictures on Tumblr and Facebook about stuff they did. (Just generic stuff that everyday people do, but things that we rarely do. Mall, movies, etc.) They're all "OMG GUYS DIS WAS FUN XD WE SHUD DO DIS AGEN XD".
I don't know what's worse: the fact that I was and depressed, that my best friend didn't care to ask what was wrong or help me out, or that I am convinced none of them care about me whatsoever.

Yeah, I know I sound like some whiny girl. Yeah, it seems like I want attention, but that's just been bothering me.
It sounds like the best course of action would be for you to just directly talk to your friends. If they're really your close friends, then I'm more than positive that they will show concern if you just explained to them what you just explained to us. Talking your problems out is always the best solution.

Hopefully that helps out with your depression.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I just re-read that a few hours after I posted that, and I sound so... I don't know. I can't put it into words.

But yeah, I'll talk to one of them about it in a few hours after he wakes up. I just needed to get that out somewhere.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
She's also the only interaction I've had (other than in the forums) all week.
Internet has been the only place where I've communicated with people for two years now.
Well, excluding relatives and what little has been required in school's group works

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Internet has been the only place where I've communicated with people for two years now.
Well, excluding relatives and what little has been required in school's group works
Whoa dude.......:ohwell:

Do you just not enjoy talking to people in real life?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
=The authors took great liberty with the material they were working with; there are no doubt people in it that really did live at some point, but it was written with a religious viewpoint.
When you say they took great liberty do you just mean they made it up? I don't mean made up the people, but what they did and how.

I'm not seeking to start anything, just want clarification on where you stand. I think you can guess I have the opposite viewpoint. And how you been RDK, haven't come across you since the Bomberman thread.

Might not want to start anything here.

He gets all mad when you even say "God" or "Jesus".
No worries, I'm not starting anything. No need for anyone to get mad.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I just ate something really rotten and need to make myself throw up, but am having trouble getting it done quick enough. Tips?

S l o X

Smash Champion
Hmmmm....

Anyone/anything (besides you) that she enjoys?

If so, you should try using it to keep her here in this world. Give her a reason to live, basically.

How ironic. I'm listening to Fade to Black right now....
-________- I have no approach anymore.

but I asked her and she said she hasn't cut in a while. She tells me she's getting better and her life is falling back together for the better. So I guess I'm doing something right. [:

Thanks

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
It's not a big problem, but I feel much better talking about it.
There's this freshman girl at my school, and every time I think of her name, my heart races. I go asking myself: "WTF!?" and I start feeling confused about whether I like her or not. The only thing I can base this on is the fact that I sat next to her on the plane ride to Animazement and that the Anime club moderator sent the two of us, just us, to go look at some restaurants. Compared to the rest pf the weekend, it isn't that much. Over this past weekend, my heart hasn't raced as much except on the SATs when her name happened to be an answer. I saw her today and my heart didn't race as fast as it used to, but I still feel it and I still am confused.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
There's this freshman girl at my school, and every time I think of her name, my heart races. I go asking myself: "WTF!?" and I start feeling confused about whether I like her or not. The only thing I can base this on is the fact that I sat next to her on the plane ride to Animazement and that the Anime club moderator sent the two of us, just us, to go look at some restaurants. Compared to the rest pf the weekend, it isn't that much. Over this past weekend, my heart hasn't raced as much except on the SATs when her name happened to be an answer. I saw her today and my heart didn't race as fast as it used to, but I still feel it and I still am confused.
Aw gosh... I remember that feeling. One of the best feelings I ever experienced. Cherish it. I don't get that anymore... G'luck with it! :bee:

WB40

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes. I know this feeling all too well. It's love. There is 2 options if you want to be her soul mate.

1: Tell her it straight. If she says no, move on, find someone else.
2: This: http://xkcd.com/513/ except the bit where she's going out with someone else. (my prefered method)

I call it "Operation: Get Closer". Try it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
don't do that! once you're in the friend's zone, it's impossible to get out. trust me lol. ask her on a date....just disguise it a little bit.
I actually feel like I'll forever be in the Friend Zone. Thing is, she's a freshman and I'm a junior, so we don't meet often and classes will be over next Monday. I see her at least once a day, and even then it's only to say hi because it's during the time to change classes and my school is strict on being on time. I wish I could try tomorrow, but that's freshmen textbook collection day, and they're dismissed earlier in the day. And just last night, I was actually thinking about how I would go about telling her how I feel.

Also: lol @ that xkcd comic. Laughter always helps me calm down.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I need a new Brawl disc. My old one sucks. I can't get it to load as much anymore :mad:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Fate hates me. I was totally planning and determined to tell her how I feel, but I never got the chance to. My heart was practically ripping apart from the need to tell her how I feel. I felt like I was dying. Well, I played football and some video games with my friends to get it off my mind. Tomorrow I'm gonna have a smashfest thinger with my friends and probably soccer. I still have Monday, but that's the last day of classes. Here's to hoping to get the chance for Monday.

EDIT: Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Maybe it is me. Maybe I should have just ran out of the classroom and searched for her. Or try to manipulate time because of the school's schedule. Maybe I will keep telling myself that I will tell her how I feel, and with even more determination than before and will most definitely tell her how I feel.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You could just look up her phone number over the summer and try to hang out this summer. Women like it when you go the extra mile to see them. <.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom