• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
What are u talking about Damon, DEHF did not beat mana he took the match to the third game but did not beat him. Also Larry beat DSF in a friendly, and it's just his Samus. And I'm not sure about the last one though. Sorry about this Damon, I support that Larry is good but to lie about what he did is not the way to get him ranked. I would rather not be ranked then be ranked because someone made something up about my accomplishments. Anyways it's more fun to beat somebody as a random nobody :).

Lastly, I think I'd like to change my opinion on this issue, although I do think DEHF is good, I guess I'm playing favorites because I play with him a lot. But there are many more people much more deserving of his spot namely Emerican, and assuming what you said about Loki is true than he is probably better than DEHF. If the list was extended to a top 30 however, then DEHF would definitively make the list along with maybe JTB, Inks, Kira and Loki
Okay.. I wasn't lying. I was just telling you guys an example of what he can do. And as for DSF's two-stock defeat, It was a money-match.

Who should be ranked:

Kira
DEHF
Inks
Some Random Noob

araknophobik

Smash Master
actually thomas everyone comes and goes when they feel like it
your the only one that puts it public through threads and countless posts every other week
romeo retired like twice and we all knew about it through tournament results and not through threads for attention

there should be a teams ranking
^_^ arash champ mango edrees and I for top 5sies

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Okay ROFL. I'm not trying to change the list in my favor. I'm just throwing out ideas so people can think of ways to possibly improve or innovate the list. Don't try to attack my character. I'm just trying to help. If it seems like I'm trying to change it in my favor (maybe I'm not reading my posts the same way other people are) then I'm sorry. That's not my intention.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Okay.. I wasn't lying. I was just telling you guys an example of what he can do. And as for DSF's two-stock defeat, It was a money-match.

Who should be ranked:

Kira
DEHF
Inks
Some Random Noob
I don't know if you just don't know who is he, but Bone is better than everyone you have listed here. I'm mentioning this because, due to his and Emerican's strong showings, it's hard for others to debut into the list -these are the two best of those not ranked, and there's plenty bordering that edge (Like St. Patrick and DEHF) If DEHF was the Falco player I played at UCLA 3, he is pretty good, but sorry it's just real hard to make it on the list now. Thanks for contributing though we'll add him into our discussions.

We are working on an update right now, I don't know how long it will take though. It's been moving slowly but it's coming along.

Lexaeus

Smash Cadet
Looking strictly at tia results, the following are unimpressive: Danimals, Azeem (inactivity), Evilnemesis, Emerican.

Again, working strictly off tia, the following are more impressive: Lucky, Bone.

Other notables include Mr. Pbody, DEHF, St. Patrick, and Kira. St. Pat and DEFH don't have enough victories against ranked people, and Kira is one of the most inconsistent smashers in the history of tia.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I don't know if you just don't know who is he, but Bone is better than everyone you have listed here. I'm mentioning this because, due to his and Emerican's strong showings, it's hard for others to debut into the list -these are the two best of those not ranked, and there's plenty bordering that edge (Like St. Patrick and DEHF) If DEHF was the Falco player I played at UCLA 3, he is pretty good, but sorry it's just real hard to make it on the list now. Thanks for contributing though we'll add him into our discussions.

We are working on an update right now, I don't know how long it will take though. It's been moving slowly but it's coming along.
I forgot to put Bone. XD
That dude owns! :laugh:

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Okay ROFL. I'm not trying to change the list in my favor. I'm just throwing out ideas so people can think of ways to possibly improve or innovate the list. Don't try to attack my character. I'm just trying to help. If it seems like I'm trying to change it in my favor (maybe I'm not reading my posts the same way other people are) then I'm sorry. That's not my intention.
Dude Thomas, relax. I've been looking at your replies to what you are calling "attacks" on you in this and other threads, like from a noob jiggly from riverside and a noob luigi from palmdale and just a straight up noob from Pomona (Callllllllllllllmn down, I was joking. I'm not trying to attack your characters). See how that sounded? That's what your comments sound like to all of us. I can't help but notice how serious you are taking them. "...attack my character?" That's pretty heavy for something as stupid as getting on the power rankings. No need to get so defensive, unless it's true. To me it sounds like you are making more drama than needed, which should be zero. Even from back at Panda's first tourney, where you were trying to set up regional crews, and like 2 people complained and you started talking about how we are crucifying you? what the F*CK? You just gotta chill out dude, and remember it's just a game and not your life (I hope).

nublet06

Smash Lord
but crucifixion was my goal.

lol yeah i was just saying....all of the ideas are going a little too far.

i wouldnt want the rankings to become a little sticker that says "awesome job!" like the ones i got for kindergarten spelling tests.

they DO rank people that they think are good, and there ARE differences in skill from 1-25. so you cant just lump people in to a group. that will not inspire people to improve as much because it takes a lot longer to move up a whole "tier" than it does to move from 25th to 24th.

Knivez

Smash Ace
Whoa i'm back from my 6 week vacation in sandals, jamaica and i see not much has changed.

i went there to visit my friend Todd. Todd Packer and I are total BFF. Best Friends Borever. He and I came up together as salesmen. One time we were out and we met this set of twins and Packer told them that we were brothers. And so ya know, one thing let to another and we brought them back to the hotel and then Packer did both of them. It was awesome.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Looking strictly at tia results, the following are unimpressive: Evilnemesis, Emerican.
Emerican ***** in teams at OC3. 7th place? Toooo good.

Luigi beat Mango in a set a few weeks ago at Shuffle and Cut, and beat DSF in 2 sets at some noob Rialto tourney.

LuCKy

Smash Master
just wondering but how do you guys make the list? do you start like with top 5 then 10 ect. and call all the panelist for an online meeting or something?

emerican

Smash Ace
thanks ryan... but im not going to argue that my results arent super impressive or anything.

i only want to say one thing in my defense . Almost all my defeats, lately, are really close games and it is rare that i ever get steamrolled by anybody. ask all the people i've played, they know how good i am, its just a matter of "last stock game 3" that separates me from ranked player, and a non ranked player.

i always hear people say.. "holy ****, emerican just went crazy on that tech chase... or omg you see that **** combo", and that makes me feel good (honestly)

..but im not getting the W so it goes unnoticed.

But that is starting to change..

Lexaeus

Smash Cadet

Luigi beat Mango in a set a few weeks ago at Shuffle and Cut, and beat DSF in 2 sets at some noob Rialto tourney.
I was only looking at singles. I actually think Emerican should make the rankings, based on what I've seen, but his tia performance isn't stellar or anything.

Again, for Evilnemesis I didn't see those results on tia. That's impressive though.

Knivez

Smash Ace
tia is missing a lot of information because some people never upload the tournament data or they use a different program ( tourny maker) . I have like 5 tournies missing from tia and the whole rival records are pretty off because of it.

The panelists know the scene and base their rankings off of that and not tia. They know who has done what, regardless of what a website says and they're pretty good about remembering things. I'm sure they forget every now and then but its still better than doing rankings based on incomplete information.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wow, a Knivez post without a gay joke in it?

What is this world coming to?

Knivez

Smash Ace
i'm just tired of noobs posting in this thread.

Myke please STFU.

JTG, get a life and unsubscribe to this thread so you dont get an email EVERYTIME SOMEONE POSTS SOMETHING ****!.

araknophobik

Smash Master
lol romeo should be higher
wolf should be lower
gabe should be lower
mike Y should be higher esp after his performance at oc3

azeem should be 25th
i dont understand how luigi stayed neutral lmfao
i didn't see bone or emerican take sets off of mango
and alex and ect
not to complain about emerican, i deff believe he deserves that spot
but bone should not be higher than evil nem
although trevyn is good as hell, i don't think he performed strongly enough to be 15
maybe trevyn should get azeem's spot and have azeem off the list =/

Lit

Smash Ace
**** good updates, and i knew hugo was going to take 2nd. I also know everyone is going to be all over this thread when they wake up in the morining.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LUCKY SHOULD BE HIGHER... HE ***** AT OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT IM NUMBER 5!!! YAY!! ima Bust a Knivez!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! !! GO JIGGLYPUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!... NUMBER 5!!!!!!!!!! aye guys ...??.. whos top 5.....!!!! I AM!!! thats right!!! hahahahaahahaha..... uhhhh what else............ i guess im done for now.... Romeo SUcks!!!!!!!!!! (jk rom =) ) and uh... thats right top 5 ooo and for all my crew members... WHOS RANKED HIGHER!! ****!

$ick

Smash Lord
Wow @ Luigi's place. I'd bet money he could beat anyone from his place to atleast 17th, and many people beyond that even. Is it because Luigi doesn't "campaign," like a lot of the newer ranking people do, as to why he get no respect on the rankings? Other than that though I agree with most of it, even though my opinion doesn't influence any on the rankings those are them. ^_^

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I do agree that Luigi should've been ranked a little higher, he has done excellent lately to atleast move up a couple spots.

Good **** to Brett :)

And I just have to say this:

Hey guys, Knivez isn't top 5 anymore.

Gooooo Mango!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I do agree that Luigi should've been ranked a little higher, he has done excellent lately to atleast move up a couple spots.

Good **** to Brett :)

And I just have to say this:

Hey guys, Knivez isn't top 5 anymore.

Gooooo Mango!

!!! GO MANGO!!!!

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Mango really deserves that spot. Evilnemesis should've really gone up a couple more spots. Drastic change in the rankings! Much needed;)

Will this be the final update for Melee? The last update was May, three months ago. That could mean the next one would be November, but everyone will be all hyped for Brawl so I don't know.

One more thing...I kind of feel like they just threw Trevyn back in there, but I'm not sure what he has done since he has moved back. Correct me if I'm wrong

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
All I know is that Mike Y sucks, and he should be replaced by Fabian.

Knivez

Smash Ace
holy shiet, top 6 i'm too good LOL. you guys know im gonna keep doing this no matter what ranking i have right?

good stuff to JTB on NOT making it to the rankings once again.
Oh and guys, please PLEASE stop copying me and STFU saying mike Y sucks. And fabian in the rankings? WTF boi you must be out of your f*cking mind. ARE YOU ********. That's not a question, but simply a statement.

good stuff to papaya for taking my spot, but you're not adult enough to go around saying you're top 5. You gotta earn that shiet first by spamming it constantly everywhere and any chance you get to, ESPECIALLY around crew members and your mom. She might take you to disneyland more often as a reward for your big achievement.

I do think luigi's accomplishments may have been overlooked, but its his **** fault for not going to big tournies. Lets see what he does at champ combo.

good **** to trevyn for ****** the ranking system and now its time i do my hollas!~

oc3 shoutouts -LOL-

thanks ken, family, and company for a fun tourny.

GO DEEPSOCAL. Way to represent champ!, and thanks for coming Azeem. It really meant a lot to us.

Palmdale, i'm amazed still at how much you guys can SUCK- JK- i love boa and his brothas- How much for 1 night?

Superfriends- dissapointed as usual...watching hugo vs bombsoldier as Hugo UP+Bs off the stage FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE STAGE- Good DI hugo hehe but congrats on doing so well. Socal is proud of you.

oh i've also been watching a video on youtube on how to sharpen knives. i might be dangerous next time you see me, so watch out. I'm gonna be going on a cutting spree.

MEOW- my banner finally makes sense, with IKE being there and all.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
azeem should be 25th
i dont understand how luigi stayed neutral lmfao
i didn't see bone or emerican take sets off of mango
and alex and ect
not to complain about emerican, i deff believe he deserves that spot
but bone should not be higher than evil nem
although trevyn is good as hell, i don't think he performed strongly enough to be 15
maybe trevyn should get azeem's spot and have azeem off the list =/
Wow @ Luigi's place. I'd bet money he could beat anyone from his place to atleast 17th, and many people beyond that even. Is it because Luigi doesn't "campaign," like a lot of the newer ranking people do, as to why he get no respect on the rankings? Other than that though I agree with most of it, even though my opinion doesn't influence any on the rankings those are them. ^_^
Look guys, when you debut on the list for the first time at #24, but decide to miss out on many tournaments, including the biggest tournament socal has ever seen, do you really think ONE nice win is going to skyrocket you agove 24th? You think that a single victory will keep you rising when countless other people who were above you/below you decided to show up to these big tournaments and perform well?

Luigi ALMOST beat dsf in a set, from my sources. Fabian is the king of misinformation, so I don't think he's right about Luigi having actually won the set. His big win was in a set vs mango, where he lost 4-0 to him in the losers semi's.

So tell me again why Luigi would deserve to skyrocket when he didn't attend several important socal tournies. Oh wait, was it his one win vs mango in a gamestore tourney whom he later dropped 4 rounds in a row to? Ok...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom