• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerican

Smash Ace
i dont think so because hes not completely inactive... i just dont think he gives a **** anymore about placing well or even playing luigi for that matter.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Well we don't know if Brawl will be competitive yet. You never know if it will even have a tournament scene, and I suspect if it's no good as a competitive game, many people will come back to Melee. Many old fighting games continue to thrive despite having sequels (Street fighter 2 turbo for example)

Also it comes out Dec which is about 4 months from now, that's still alot of time for us to continue enjoying the game, including champ combo. I still think the rankings are useful to have around.

Oh and also brawl iwll be delayed i bet =P

Nashun

Smash Ace
LOL good **** Mike, i was wondering the same thing.

I hate half the people in socal, and like the other half more than they deserve.

True, we all act gay-friendly in tournies, but when it comes down to it, romeo and Mike Y suck.

OK, facts aside- i dont think we should have to relabel the tier lists to compensate for one's feelings and/or johns.

If you're in the "I beat Fabian" tier, then you'll most likely try even harder to move up to the "No Controller Johns" tier, and eventually even the "This tier actually means something" tier.

I think that will solve all of socal's problems...by having trash talk even within the tier list.
=/ Am I the only one that read this 30 times to get enough repetition for it to stop making me laugh?

emerican

Smash Ace
Well we don't know if Brawl will be competitive yet. You never know if it will even have a tournament scene, and I suspect if it's no good as a competitive game, many people will come back to Melee. Many old fighting games continue to thrive despite having sequels (Street fighter 2 turbo for example)

Also it comes out Dec which is about 4 months from now, that's still alot of time for us to continue enjoying the game, including champ combo. I still think the rankings are useful to have around.

quote for truth... well said. we just dont know enough about brawl yet.

Lesheik

Smash Lord

True. I will be ranked in Brawl, I know I will. :laugh:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wtf, ppl still care about the rankings? That's so '06. And yes, I predict Isai will own the game, 'specially if it's online. That guy does not sleep. He already owns Melee, when he wants to. Anyways, I bet some kid from the farthest, most remote corner of the planet that we never even knew existed will become #1. And fuuuuuuck IKE!

Rickety

Peace and Love
we're supposed to do one this week or something like that

EDIT: arash on ken's name:(
I wanna be a panelist. I promise not to be biased.

1. Edrees
2. Edrees
3. Edrees' Birthday.

;)

Wtf, ppl still care about the rankings? That's so '06. And yes, I predict Isai will own the game, 'specially if it's online. That guy does not sleep. He already owns Melee, when he wants to. Anyways, I bet some kid from the farthest, most remote corner of the planet that we never even knew existed will become #1. And fuuuuuuck IKE!
Isai for #1 :]

Mew2King??
:-P

You made me do a Literal Lol!

<3
rick

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Soooooo......... Who does everyone think will go up and down?

Actually, I think Hugs will be #2. I don't even think I have to explain why.

As for panelist, I think there should be more equal representation among regions. It's kind of like how all 50 states have a representative. There's no representation from my area. Evil Nemesis should be A LOT higher than 24. I'm not going to post publicly who he's beaten lately, so no one gets mad, but he has beaten a lot of people near the top recently but not many people who are panelists have seen because it hasn't happened in their area.

Anyway, it's just an idea.

Micheal

Smash Apprentice
from what I saw.

Lucky up
Mango up
Boa up
Emerican up

i liked their team matches. i saw some upsets. >:D

emerican

Smash Ace
lol, thanks for all the people rooting for me ^^

i have a few guesses
-hugo might move up... him and DSF are always battling back n forth
-edrees is amazing, he'll stay there
-boa might move up for his team performance and romeo because hes a maniac, even though he got cheated out of the bracket after he owned/*****/DESTROYED his tiebreaker match.

middle of the list gets tricky..
manacloud might move back up, hes been playing well from what i saw ( DONT FLAME ME, LOL)
mango played well at OC... ROFL had a really tough pool/bracket and still did well... aesis, for a retired smasher ( F@G), played AMAZING...

and lucky and pbody might jump up into the lower "mid tier" of the rankings for strong showings at OC.

thats just what i saw/heard about.. one thing for sure.. im glad im not a panalist :D

LuCKy

Smash Master
emerican you should also be considered from what i heard you did very good in teams and you also took a match of king...can you say god like!

LuCKy

Smash Master
see emrican is too pro, too bad leepuff or teba couldnt make it they would have owned everyone!!

LuCKy

Smash Master
hey Lucky, we were in norwalk for like 3 days before OC3. didnt know u lived there. we coulda played :p
no way!!!!!!!! awww we were playin smash a lot the week before oc3 tooo like the day before oc we had edrees mike y and trevn at my house smashin it was too good:)....well too bad i didnt get to play you i really wanted to even though i didnt even see you play at oc:dizzy: wow what was i doing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom