• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
well I don't think that ken has retired quite yet, I'm pretty sure he's going to SCC. And that's likely one of the last updates until brawl so I say leave him there.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
isssssssss tooooooooooo ****in funnn........aaa yezzir hangovers not so much hahhaha plus gotta wake up early =( but stilll

cool *** weekend

we in the club like ay tobay ay tobay! LOLLLLLLLL

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Everyone talks about who they think should be added, but you have to remove some people to add others. So who should be removed? Please be careful not to flame.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Well, I'm tired of the power rankings. Basically everyone ranked 10-25 are practically equal in the same skill level. And people who are potentially 26-40 are the same too. So I'm going to grow some balls and put together a rough draft of a potentially new type of power ranking system, without fear of people saying, "I'm better than so-in-so. You're an @$$hole!!"

Here's my idea for a new system. We rank people based on their region within SoCal. Only the top 10 are ranked as the 10 top players. Everyone else is ranked as a respected player in their region.

With that said, here's my list: (not necessarily in order, but kinda close)

ORANGE COUNTY top tiers:
Ken (#1)
Arash (#7)
ManaCloud (#10)
Mike Y
Azeem
Trevyn
Kira

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY top tiers
Hugs (#2)
Romeo (#10)
Wolf
Gabe

METROPOLITAN LOS ANGELES top tiers
DSF (#3)
Mango (#6)
DC
Champ
Mr. PBody
Danimals
Lucky
Blitz
Azn Chef
What Is Fear
Loki

SAN DIEGO top tiers
Edrees (#4)
Azn Lep
Bone
(Please forgive me. I do not know the SD region well)

RIVERSIDE top tiers
Knivez (#5)
Evil Nemesis
JTB
Nashun

ANTELOPE VALLEY top tiers
BoA (#8)
Aesis
ROFL
Teba
Emerican

VENTURA top tiers
Ultra Luigi

SAN BERNARDINO top tiers
ThomaSexy

Los Angeles can be divded even more if you want to seperate San Gabriel Valley. It's basically everything East of Los Angeles.

This is all a matter of opinion. Please no flame wars.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Last time I played Larry I was beating him, and I suck. I don't know why everyone's championing his cause.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Last time I played Larry I was beating him, and I suck. I don't know why everyone's championing his cause.
You don't know larry.

EDIT: I believe Larry 2-0 Teba at UCLA III, Got 49th of 96 in the OC3 singles bracket which was highly competitive. But other than that he doesn't really go to many tournaments people in the 818 just know him and know how good he is. I'm sure many other people can vouch for me like Pbody.

Oh and let me correct you thomas.

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY top tiers
Hugs (#2)
Romeo (#10)
Wolf
Gabe
Inks
DEHF

:)

nublet06

Smash Lord
even tho teba is probly better than ever. if you were to remove people from the list. he would make sense. he hasnt done anything in a long time. and his head takes up way too much room on the rankings.

but then of course if he goes to super champ combo ill have to take that back....and tell you to make him #1

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mannn, people need to start noticing Loki. He's got a crazy falco, and places decently when he actually goes to tourneys. He placed 2nd in his pool at OC3, and 33rd in the bracket.

At the very least, Neal should make a tia page for him :)

As for Thomas' idea, I don't really like it at all. It ruins the competitiveness that the original rankings have started.

I see myself on the list, and I don't really see any satisfaction in my spot at all. I've been sucking alot lately, and yet I'm still ranked. I should have to earn my spot, not just be put on there because I'm 1 of 4 Riverside smashers.

Keep the original list. The panelists are doing an excellent job with it, and theres no reason to change it. No one has a problem with it besides Thomas.

araknophobik

Smash Master
LOL why ya'll gotta diss my ***** jay

as for DEHF
luigi finds it highly offensive that he doesn't have a fan club hanging on his nuts like the 818 people are on larry's lmao
larry is good though, if i woulda stayed at oc3 iono who would have gotten the 3rd seed between him and I

loki is mad good

and lmao at thomas's idea, its nice to see kira loki and thomas himself on the list but my name nowhere to be found GG

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't see him doing any of those according to tia.

Besides, I beat Pbody all the time. You don't see me campaigning to be ranked.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i thought pbody beat larry at ucla III
along with kira and everybody else in that pool
he then put it on his fridge because he felt special and it was his equivalent of an A on a glued noodle picture

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
DEHF two-stocked DSF's Samus. DEHF beat Manacloud. DEHF beat Mr.Pbody.
What are u talking about Damon, DEHF did not beat mana he took the match to the third game but did not beat him. Also Larry beat DSF in a friendly, and it's just his Samus. And I'm not sure about the last one though. Sorry about this Damon, I support that Larry is good but to lie about what he did is not the way to get him ranked. I would rather not be ranked then be ranked because someone made something up about my accomplishments. Anyways it's more fun to beat somebody as a random nobody :).

Lastly, I think I'd like to change my opinion on this issue, although I do think DEHF is good, I guess I'm playing favorites because I play with him a lot. But there are many more people much more deserving of his spot namely Emerican, and assuming what you said about Loki is true than he is probably better than DEHF. If the list was extended to a top 30 however, then DEHF would definitively make the list along with maybe JTB, Inks, Kira and Loki

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmao wow i wouldn't even be good enough to be top 30
although ive never played jose in tourny
the only set ive played loki in i've won
im 1-1 with kira
and im 7-0 with JTB lmao you'll get me someday ryan

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lol, you wish you were 7-0 with me.

You've only beaten me in tourney twice I think ;)

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
lol, Thomas is tired of the list so he writes a long *** post about it. and lol at me being ranked.

DEHF is too good.

people in SD are tricky little bastrds but nobody knows about them.

also, i think we could stand for more opinion over history. Maybe Teba hasn't been doing so well lately, but theres no way you're gonna put him under other people with potential. And mango should've been way the **** up there a long time ago. i guess the way it's done now makes it more stable or w/e. but if some newcomer came and won super champ combo, you wouldn't put him at 25th because he doesn't have consistency. im just saying if everyone knows that he's better than that then there's no point in putting him lower. and history can be inaccurate. people bring up old stuff as if it still matters, but anything more than 6 months old is pretty irrelevant. like mcrusty beat me the first time we played but i think im a little better than that guy (on tia i think we're actually 1-1, although in real life that's not correct at all)

plus nobodys thinking of putting ken lower due to inactivity. so i dont think we have a problem there.

oh yeah teams should not be a factor. people play different in teams, plus there's more factors like character choices and teammates' skill. cuz if it was teams skill then fabian would be ranked and thats not allowed.

just some examples, mana would be ranked top 5 if it were teams, lucky would be ranked really high, alex would be lower (no offense, he doesnt care much for teams anyway), etc.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
It makes no sense to consider Ken or Mana not worth being on the list even if they aren't playing (Much like how Norcal treats Isai). Besides they are going to Super Champ Combo.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Im jus saying if and when they do offically retire. and if they are going to scc then y the big annoucnment about them quitting. another thing that maes no sense. It's w/e's tho.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
This may sound crazy, but why don't we just rank the people who we think are good? Instead of making so many rules and regulations and processes, why not just decide who's the best based on who you would choose if there was ever a 25-man crew battle?

People treat this list of opinions too much like a math formula.

Oh, and people retire and come back way too much. (I'm proof of it). Retirement should be treated the same way as consistant wins are. If you win consistently, you will rise on the list. If you STAY retired consistantly, then you should be removed. No one should be removed immediately after announcing retirement, especially if they announce that they are going to be attending the next big tournament.

nublet06

Smash Lord
lets just ask people if they have ever won a match. if the answer is yes....then you get on the list. and there wont be any numbers. that way everyone will be equally awesome. better yet....lets add pictures of each smasher next to their name. they can even be anime versions of themselves with big eyes and smiley faces.

ok no but seriously thomas. i cant help thinking that you will keep giving suggestions on how the list should be changed until you are on it. how about this. you can have my spot. congrats. your 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom