• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
mikehaze raged on me when i posted a fb status about brawl in mlg is a joke

then he deleted me from his friends list

DanteFox

Smash Champion
wait what? lol

you mean one of those underground dekus that sell you stuff? ahaha

I checked the stream last night and he was at the sand temple. I thought he would at least get to ganon's castle.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Computer/Audio people:
I got a new laptop yesterday. It's righteous. HOWEVER, with my headphones [Sennheiser HD202] I get a weird buzzing sound whenever I'm listening to audio. Bummer. I messed around with drivers and such to no avail, but then tried another pair of headphones, my mom's older Sony headphones [MDR-V150]. They get basically no buzzing at all.

I've had no buzzing issues when I used the Sennheisers with my old laptop or ipod or any one else's computer.

Do you know what the root cause of this would be? The Sennheisers have better sound quality, but neither are exactly fancy headphones. It seems weird though that one would have extremely noticeable buzzing while the other would not if it isn't directly caused by the headphones.
are you perhaps using them to watch the world cup
hahahaha

BZZZZZZ

edit: i never understood why those scrubs shoot nuts at you in the first place. bad customer incentive imo

joeplicate

Smash Master
who does that

practiceman, you have the discipline of an amishman

also it was technically a no-damage run, which is why getting hit by a flying pot with a heart in it was LEGIT

did he just quit right after?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i didn't stay around long enough to see the conclusion, but he said that if he had completed the run he would have gone back on an emulator and check frame by frame to see if 1) the damage taken by the pot and the health gained by the heart occur on different frames, cuz if they happen on the same frame he never "took damage" and if 2) if he was at 1/4th of a heart, would the pot kill him before the heart saved his life?

someone in the livestream said that taking damage and getting healed by the heart do happen on the same frame, and you don't die from it at 1/4th heart, so he never took damage.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
wait what? lol

you mean one of those underground dekus that sell you stuff? ahaha

I checked the stream last night and he was at the sand temple. I thought he would at least get to ganon's castle.
Yeah he got like half way through Ganon's Castle and then he NEEDED arrows and he ran out so he knew that the scrubs sold arrows. He had the hammer to hit them all out and you can't shield with the Hammer out. So it was GG

joeplicate

Smash Master
ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

joeplicate

Smash Master
things i learned from playing with fl studio tonight

granular synthesis can make some truly awful noises
sytrus is hard as **** to use
steven how do you do it

Jun.

Smash Lord
learning a DAW is like learning an instrument nowadays.

at least there are countless guides on youtube for it.

Top Bottom