• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I’m sorry to just barge into your thread, but I really want to invite you guys to my tournament in April here in Tucson, Arizona. This is a big tournament I am running, and I would be pleased as punch if you could come. Also, it’s AXE’s 21st birthday too, so that is already mad hype. I ask you guys to make the trip down here, and enjoy some cool spring weather this Easter weekend. Thanks!
Seriously. Click here. Come check us out. :D

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Regarding the whole God/Love thing...

I'm a Buddhist, and Buddhism teaches that there is a natural order to the universe (most commonly known as "reality"): this may be a set of laws such as physics or science, or it may be the result of a higher being or presence such as God. In my opinion, the best forms of Buddhism don't attempt to hypothesize or absolutely declare how this natural order works (like most Western religions do), but it instead encourages its student to do his/her best to better understand and "align one's being" with this natural order, whatever it actually is. As a Buddhist and a true skeptical philosopher, I don't see enough evidence to believe whether this natural order is a higher being such as God or not.

Buddhism teaches that the "buddha", or enlightened one is infinitely aware, compassionate, loving and understanding. He/she also has inner peace and happiness that is undying. This force that allows people to become enlightened---that which motivates people to do good to themselves and to the people (and world) around them---is what I believe "love" is.

While I believe this whole "love" thing is the most powerful force in humanity and possibly the universe, it's hard for me to imagine that that's actually what makes up the natural order of this universe. I do believe in materialism (physics, science, etc.), but I don't rule out the possibility that we may all be governed by a higher being. I just don't that that higher being such as God would be made of love. I think he'd be a sick b@stard like the architect in Matrix Reloaded, making up random ***** just to have fun and see what happens
bump

this was the best post mio ever made

up until the last two sentences anyway

aye i'm waiting for The Source Field Investigations to come in the mail which is like a bunch of science backing up this whole god thing

it's gonna be fun/enlightening/hard work looking up all these studies and ****

but 4.6 stars out of five in 244 reviews has me pretty excited. that and i'm no stranger to david wilcock.

samusabe

Smash Rookie
Old Melee player from FL here....I joined the facebook page (Chris Abe) if someone could let me in that would be awesome.

I live in San Fernando Valley (Sherman Oaks) and I'm itching to play brawl or melee with some good people.....

Top Bottom