• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Reposting here for hopefully more response:

My car is still looking for housing Fri in LA and Sat in SD.
We are trying to just kick it and have a free day in LA on Saturday if anyone's down.
My car contains me, SFAT, Darrell, Julian, and Duh-hwan.

bbb

Smash Champion
no I think thats more what happens when sad people come in and post sad things about not having any friends

Coki

Smash Rookie
I think most SoCal players are closer to the 2GG Tournament that day at CSULB.

Coki

Smash Rookie
Ok, I have a compulsion to play melee tonight but I do not have a lag-free T.V. or an opponent. Anyone that lives within maybe a 15-20 minute drive of Los Alamitos want to play tonight? PM me, I'm down to play for as little or as much as you want. I can bring two GC controllers, a Wii, the Melee Disc and a memory card. Just. Need. Opponent and T.V.

Also, I only know how to play Jigglypuff... take that as positively or as negatively as you will.

EDIT: I am also willing to drive down to Irvine.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Aw I remember always reading this active thread. WHERE IS EVERYONE? :[

If anyone is near Lancaster I'd like to play, started playing Melee again.

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I would like to play some Melee, but I don't know anybody in San Diego. Any takers? My number is 831-402-1723. text me anytime.

DJMirror

Smash Master
so sad that Socal is not active as it was before =[

I miss the good old days when Kira, Connor, PsychoMidget, Neighborhood P, Tofu etc were going to tournaments and kickin with them

but at least that it's still active well kinda

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I think that melee is gonna die if we don't do anything. It might be a good idea to plan small tournaments across socal and advertise them at local colleges and high schools. Then we introduce them to the smash scene and we would get a bunch of new smashers, although noobs.

joeplicate

Smash Master
socal suffering from socal syndrome

someone's gotta fulfill the role of cocky young ******* to draw all the good players out of their caves and to the tournaments

MMs, trash talk, etc
who's up for da challenge :O

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I think that melee is gonna die if we don't do anything. It might be a good idea to plan small tournaments across socal and advertise them at local colleges and high schools. Then we introduce them to the smash scene and we would get a bunch of new smashers, although noobs.
lol good luck with that.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
lol good luck with that.
Dude gtfo. no need for that s***. Pit that's a good thought, you just need to find representatives from specific areas that have local influence. There are a suprisingly amount of melee players out there that just never got to tournaments.

Top Bottom