• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So you know they hacked Wavedashing into brawl right?

err

Smash Journeyman
i'll tell ya, after playing with the l-canceling code,

i really hope someone hacks analog shielding into the game. It's soo unlike my melee l-canceling technique.

of course, i've played just about 20 matches of hacked barwl.

removing the springs from my l/r trigger would work.. but i like having the same smash controller for each game.. and switching x to shield is a possibility, or making z shield and r grab. . .

oh and we need a dash cancel hack

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Some melee people are looking for something new and fun to play.

Brawl is new and has lots of potential to be something incredible in the minds of some players but just isn't quite there yet.

Therefor we see this situation now where players modify brawl to become something that can be fun to play for players who want to play Brawl in a way more to their liking.

Is this somehow wrong?

Some players have been playing Melee for years and years and it does sometimes get simply tired to play the same game regardless of how good it is.( I mean I know I don't play NEARLY as much as I did about 3 years ago....and I keep telling myself that I'd play the **** outta brawl if it had L-canceling and hit stun.)
I really do agree with chad brawl would be a better game than melee if it had all the previous installments you really don't not hear many smashers saying hey man lets plays some brawl many say f*** brawl lets play some melee that s*** is so fast its fun like crack lol

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You guys realize more hit stun and L canceling would make Snake brokenly-unbeatable. Like akuma in that SF game. If you think MK is broken now, you don't have any idea what broken is.

err

Smash Journeyman
meh.. who cares if we have to ban snake/mk

as long as C-falcon and Ganondorf are playable, i'm happy

(i have no desires to play this hack in a tournament setting w/ money on the line.. i'd only put money on select matchups, there's no doubt in my mind that someone will be mad broke with these adjustments to the physics engine)

if i want a tournament fighter, i'll play melee

Finch

Smash Lord
Hitstun doesn't really matter that much if you can't infinitely airdodge. I bet you can do plenty of combos with just wavedashing and 64 L-canceling. In fact some characters are probably broken already.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
You guys realize more hit stun and L canceling would make Snake brokenly-unbeatable. Like akuma in that SF game. If you think MK is broken now, you don't have any idea what broken is.
If they do hit stun, I'd assume they'd leave snakes generally the same since he's the only character in the game that actually has hit stun

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
In addition... if the hackers can bring peach's 2nd jump back... then i'd be freaking set to play her again.

as for l-cancel hack... hmmm interesting results that everything is lag free
I dont know how I feel about hacking character-specific traits.

although a purely experimental "Balanced" version of each character would be extremely interesting.

(btw Peach was broken in Melee, and she's quite balanced in Brawl)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Excuse me if I seemed a bit rash, as I was tired. It was foolish of me to post without further organizing my thoughts.

When I meant "my" game, I meant Brawl in it's purest state. Brawl unhindered by any hack and/or mechanic that would in any shape/manner/form/fashion change it from anything than what it is as of now. "My" game being "Competitive Brawl". That is the game that I play.

My argument is simple. Hacks are fine, as long as the competitive scene remains untouched. As in, hack all you like, it's your game, but please don't bring them into a tournament.

Furthermore, you tell me when a game genie/action replay/etc was used to modify a competitive game. And, if you do, was it a competitive game that is significant as Brawl?

Lastly, I do not mind people altering the game outside of the tournament scene for obvious reasons. Like people have said in this forum, who am I to tell others how to have fun? That is childish and stupid. However that isn't what I meant, but is again my fault due to me not thinking before typing.

However, wouldn't it make sense to keep the tradition of not changing the game in a COMPETITIVE tournament scene? If you wish to play competitive melee, then play competitive melee, but who are YOU or anyone else to tell me that this tournament scene is to be altered via hack simply because others cannot let go of the melee mindset?

I say keep the hacks to yourself, but out of the tournament arena. There's nothing wrong with having fun, but when your idea of fun clashes with another person's idea of fun, that's when problems arise, which is why hacks should stay out of tournaments, among other reasons.

Edit- Apologies to Ginger and to anyone else I came across as stupid in my post, lol.
If you are competitive player, and "competition" is fun to you. Then logically, you should favor anything that could possibly make the game more competitive. Period. In any other case you're just doing the same thing you're accusing everyone else of doing.
It's not a matter of people not letting go of the melee mindset. its a matter of you not letting go of the brawl mindset.
"In its purest state", is not a term that someone who is interested in competition would say.

i'm pretty sure an L-cancelling hack is going to break metaknight even more, so its going to take a lot of work before it becomes tourney standard.
I really doubt any of this becomes tourney standard but then again you never know.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
If you are competitive player, and "competition" is fun to you. Then logically, you should favor anything that could possibly make the game more competitive. Period. In any other case you're just doing the same thing you're accusing everyone else of doing.
It's not a matter of people not letting go of the melee mindset. its a matter of you not letting go of the brawl mindset.
"In its purest state", is not a term that someone who is interested in competition would say.

Wow. The amount of tunnel vision, scapegoat justification and pure hypocrisy in these sentiments is astounding.

I'm sure one of the smarter kids will address this proper.

-Kimosabae

-Chad-

Slackerator
@janitor- Tell me an aerial that metaknight can do that lags at the end of it =o

L-canceling doesn't make Meta Knight better.

L-canceling with Ike however...

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I really do agree with chad brawl would be a better game than melee if it had all the previous installments you really don't not hear many smashers saying hey man lets plays some brawl many say f*** brawl lets play some melee that s*** is so fast its fun like crack lol
crack fun yes :laugh:

i remember talking to pikachad and him telling me how much brawl was gonna suck and melee would be far superior well well look who was right.
still i would like to play this hacked version

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I dont know how I feel about hacking character-specific traits.

although a purely experimental "Balanced" version of each character would be extremely interesting.

(btw Peach was broken in Melee, and she's quite balanced in Brawl)
peach was not broken in melee only 3 chars in that game were truly broken fox marth sheik.
falco and peach are just annoying.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I just tried the wavedashing hack in the lounge today

IT SUCKS

its completely useless!!!!!!

Top Bottom