• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I use Dthrow > Fsmash or Uthrow > Usmash

I used to use Dthrow back when I didn't do tripless CGs like a year ago

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But isn't Uthrow almost always superior to Dthrow? And if it's not then you should fsmash instead.
/obviously trying to ruin the joke

I always have, I just lurk here instead of posting because I don't play brawl anymore lol. I'm still around the site a lot.
This is happening too much :( You probably get this a lot, but what are your reasons for declining in your smash attendance. Or are you going back to melee over brawl.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah that's true. I still have no idea how the nades actually work. I was sure I was spacing outside the nade but I guess I didn't. I just don't know what to do against a Snake who is holding a nade...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is happening too much :( You probably get this a lot, but what are your reasons for declining in your smash attendance. Or are you going back to melee over brawl.
I'm just bored. I play a lot of Project M, and I play more melee than brawl but I get bored of melee pretty fast as well. Really I just have absolutely zero competitive drive anymore and that's the main reason.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Have you tried IB? If he's in shield.... just don't go over there. Or punish the predicted Spot dodge / roll.
What if he just then throws it at me? Then I get hit while I am in lag or desynched which isn't cool. But true I was really nervous during that set. This guy also won the tourney by a long shot so I am not disappointed. He clearly haven't played much against ICs and I should have abused that >_>

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Got 2nd at my local Tourney. Lost to ryo(ike) again but finally beat the same peach that beat me last time.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I'm not going.
Why not? There is so much talk about it, I am thinking about saving up some money for it. But I definitely want to go. Is it that you don't want to or you can't?

btw, Ic players, which chain grab is the most efficient for you? Or does it vary on your opponent?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I would like to go, but I'm on vacation in various places right now.

Since I haven't practiced tripless, I still use bthrow>dthrow/fthrow. Usually use b>f on mid weights.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Well vacations are always fun too. :)

And the name of this thread sounds like a song title. Is it? Or is it just me?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Vinnie for best Icies at the ditto. Just JV3'd 9B and won the set 2-0.

EDIT: Vinnie's Fair for best move in the game.

Vinnie just beat Otori and is now in Grand Finals vs Rain.

nana is dumb

Good stuff Vinnie, go get 'em at APEX!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My favorite part was when Vinnie yelled at Japan to not change the rules just because he was bodying their last hope.

I suspect a conspiracy of Japan Icing Vinnie because he had caught fire

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Watching Vinnie do that well in japan has inspired me to start playing this game/ic's again.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I wanna play him again to see if 9b is just butt at the ditto. Doubt it, but I still think I could beat him. GET THE **** @ ME BRO

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Goddammit ****ing Marth is impossible with ****ing Icies he can just fair and nair all day and you can't do **** and then you die because you are at the ****ing ledge. It's surely at least -2 >_>
/endofrant sup

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes I'm terrible and I just can't do **** about it ffs. Being free ain't cool bro, especially not with such a weak character as ICs.

Top Bottom