• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Don't worry Ryo ***** my ICs with his marth. Or maybe u should worry cuz I suck :/

I can't CG. I just up air and make people think I can cg with them. For right now everybody at my local thinks I can cg :O. Keep it a secwet.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I CG Marth consistently. A grab is a stock. It's just a only a really really bad Marth would ever get grabbed by Icies.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Oh this how I get grab on marth although it dosen't always work.

Desync IB Nana > rush and grab with popo if they fair me. I suck

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth usually just fairs the IB out of the way like he doesn't care. Blizzard also has zero uses in this MU, which throws me off as I am used to consider it a decent move.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Just run up and grab the *****.

Thats what I try to do. I bait that up b out of bad situations thingy they like to use to. Like desync blizzards can bait up b.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth doesn't upB blizzard. He runs into it, SDI's out of it and gets a free anything, mostly a fair.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Most of the time if a marth tries to do that, I just bait it and then Usmash it with the free climber since you shouldn't be using synced blizzard anyways.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But... Fair is safe on shiled and ICs are slow so they can't really even punish it on a whiff either... Sucks being bad.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I am going to travel to Finland, and throttle you.
Kidding of course.
More likely, I'd just teach you how to beat Marth.

It's not that hard. I don't think you've practiced the stuff I said though.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I definitely do need a throttle or two to learn to deal with Marth. It's not fun when your most played MU with a character is also one of your hardest. I know this is more of a personal problem though. Maybe I just need to reach a higher level of play to do well with Icies though, they are mad hard, people don't even realize how hard.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got 1st in singles and teams using mainly IC's :p. Been forever since I've won one of my locals lol.

Also, I used pretty much all IC's in teams. IC's/Lucas is BROKEN. BROKEN!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
ICs are funny in doubles. I think they aren't bad at all, but require a lot of practice and your team mate has to be able to protect Nana as well... But it sounds awesome. Gratz for being awesome again.

DeLux

After running ICs and Bowser in doubles yesterday, I can reasonably conclude ICs are pretty bad in doubles lol

A sword on the screen more or less means we're invalidated

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No seriously though, IC's/Lucas is an amazing team even against double mk. Any other team I wouldn't use IC's in.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why not Ness? He doesn't heal as much, but Ness is a way better character. I tried this team last tourney for a few matches and it felt decent.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why not Ness? He doesn't heal as much, but Ness is a way better character. I tried this team last tourney for a few matches and it felt decent.
I very much disagree about ness being a much better character lol. Lucas is underrated, especially in doubles. And lucas heals wayyy more than ness, which is the entire point of the strat. One down-b from IC's heals over 100%

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ICs are too bad in teams for it to matter. Also, Ness > Lucas as a character. Maybe not in doubles, but in singles 100000%

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ICs are too bad in teams for it to matter. Also, Ness > Lucas as a character. Maybe not in doubles, but in singles 100000%
Doesn't matter how bad IC's are in doubles with Lucas. You should seriously try it with mekos lol. I would lose 5 stocks, and FAE would still be on his first stock at 0%. Anytime you die as IC's you can just heal lucas to 0% lol you just have to be good at running away with squall and walling people out.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can't you just do that fusion thing with electric attacks from Lucas?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean...I could just do it the same with T-jolts and B-reverse thunder.

How much does thunder heal? The whole point is you only having to hit lucas with blizzard once to heal 100+%

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Doesn't thunder have that weird property with platforms where it has 3 hitboxes or something? If GW is able to get a full bucket in a single thunder, Lucas should be able to heal a lot as well.

Adrik

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the interruption,but , could someone tell me the best secondaries for the IC´s

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Honestly though, ICs don't need a secondary in a conservative ruleset. They are one of the best character in the game and don't solidly lose to anyone couchmarthcough.
If it's a liberal ruleset I suggest GW.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The one person ICs REALLY lose to is ZSS, so I would recommend picking up somebody for her...but I'm the only one that plays Nick Riddle so you guys wouldn't understand.

On the healing topic, yeah Blizzard does 100%, but it also isn't safe...at all. Lucas turns towards ICs, Blizzard loses it's hitbox, and they can hit you/lucas out of it easily. The advantage of Pikachu's thunder wall is that thunder remains a hitbox with Lucas's Magnet in front of it, causing a vertical line of "Good luck getting passed this" while Lucas can still Jump Cancel out of his magnet and do whatever if they DO manage to get passed it while healing something like 35%.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
She's safe, her mobility is really good for comboing nana, D-Smash is stupid, her grabs can lead to death....ugh there are a bunch of reasons.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
May I ask why you suggest GW? Are their any special reasons for him?
Well since imo the biggest reason to have a secondary is for counterpick stages where ICs are horrible. G&W is one of the best characters in counterpick stages so he should have the advantage there.

DeLux

The one person ICs REALLY lose to is ZSS, so I would recommend picking up somebody for her...but I'm the only one that plays Nick Riddle so you guys wouldn't understand.
Since I main ZSS now, I understand completely :p
Still think we also solidly lose to MK and TL while slightly losing to snake, wolf, Peach, Rob, and maybe Marth (on paper)

Although I'm biased since I'm terrible against MK, TL, and Wolf.

Top Bottom