• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
4 ICs @ Waba? This is gonna be mad crazy. I can just learn all I need from you guys. I played Koolaid last night, and man, my ICs are bad, lol. I need to seriously learn dsyncs/chaingrabs/spacing w/ them.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
4 ICs @ Waba? This is gonna be mad crazy. I can just learn all I need from you guys. I played Koolaid last night, and man, my ICs are bad, lol. I need to seriously learn dsyncs/chaingrabs/spacing w/ them.
My ICs are the worst.

IDK if I'm gonna be able to go to WABA

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It was wifi, but Koolaid played Marth vs my Pit, PT & MK vs my baby ICs. Koolaid is just a smart player. His spacing is great, and he has a lot of patience, so he'll wait, then punish you. He did normal Marth moves but the timing and thought process behind his move choice is what seperates him. I think he's a passive-aggressive/baiter.

:phone:

Captain L

Smash Champion
it's okay I don't get mad at his ICs anymore cause I just accept the losses, I get mad when I lose to his dedede

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair, we suck against characters with items and/or swords :)

DeLux

It kinda does, just helps me remember who I (and most ICs) suck against though :D

Think about it though:

MK - Has a Sword
Snake - Has an item
Diddy - has an item
Marth - has a sword
Wario - has an item
ZSS - has an item
Toon Link - has a sword AND item
Wolf - has a sword
Peach - has a sword AND item
Rob - has an item

Only exceptions being Ike and Link

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hi there ICs... just dropped in to ask a partial question and raise something... I heard you couldn't infinite CG with ICs using Nunchuk... but you can. Is this known? I know like no-one uses wii-chuk ('cept for me, hip hip hooray! :p) but still.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Chaingrabbing is simple. It's really really simple. All you need is a control stick or a dpad, anything you usually move with and a grab button. That's it. 2 inputs. There is no reason even wiimote couldn't do it. It probably isn't even different. It's probably the same thing, I'm pretty sure I could chaingrab just fine using the wiimote.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Chaingrabbing is simple. It's really really simple. All you need is a control stick or a dpad, anything you usually move with and a grab button. That's it. 2 inputs. There is no reason even wiimote couldn't do it. It probably isn't even different. It's probably the same thing, I'm pretty sure I could chaingrab just fine using the wiimote.
When you put it that way it sounds much simpler. Just weird that some vids of it say you shouldn't be bothered if you have a wiimote/wiichuk. :ohwell:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well it might have to do with the fact that 99% of legit players use GCC so most wiimote users kinda suck. Then they try to chaingrab, obviously fail and then think it's impossible. And I wouldn't take anything Smashrelated on the internet seriously unless it's somehow related to SWF.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well it might have to do with the fact that 99% of legit players use GCC so most wiimote users kinda suck. Then they try to chaingrab, obviously fail and then think it's impossible. And I wouldn't take anything Smashrelated on the internet seriously unless it's somehow related to SWF.
Hehe, fair enough. I'm trying to be a top Lucas... with a wiichuk. That'd be new. I just discovered today also that you can zap-jump ---> magnet pull with wiichuk, though it's difficult and chancy... :-D

DeLux

>_>

The controller lay out is just the controller lay out. It doesn't affect what you can/can't do in game.
I've been able to CG with a wiimote, even without the nunchuck. I originally learned to CG in my college dorm using the wiimote + nunchuck when I first started playing.

That's been known since like the dawn of time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
>_>

The controller lay out is just the controller lay out. It doesn't affect what you can/can't do in game.
I've been able to CG with a wiimote, even without the nunchuck. I originally learned to CG in my college dorm using the wiimote + nunchuck when I first started playing.

That's been known since like the dawn of time.
Yea... though there are some things that are much easier to achieve with the C-stick than analog + A/B/whatever on wiichuk :p

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm going to ascension tomorrow! I'm excited :) a lot of the top players won't be there so I'm hoping to do well

Top Bottom