• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Aw, they cut out the results screen? I like that song they swapped in for the ICs' victory theme (although I have no idea what it is...anyone know?).

I'm late to say this, but, Vinnie, you should have seen the stream chat when you were playing GFs. I think my favorite moment was the Yoshi's Island ghost saving you at the beginning of the second set, but yeah, the chat pretty much exploded by the end.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Finally feel like I'm getting the hang of the Snake matchup. :D
Managed to start beating/getting super close with people on my PR using Icies. It feels like I've actually made some progress for once.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Man, Bonds' play has gotten pretty sloppy lately
Had such high hopes for him before >_>

dettadeus

Smash Lord

DeLux

You kinda just need to work on your overall gameplay. Your fundamentals were lacking, to put it nicely lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Bro, in game 2, you just.

Stop using f-air. Stop. You're trying to land with it, that's just a no.

Mink had the first stock critiqued in his comment, you need to focus less on getting the grab and more on forcing him to **** up so you can punish him.
Second stock, you started attacking him and look what happened, you hurt the mother****er. You don't have to grab him to kill him.
If he's afraid to be grabbed, you know he's going to pick defensive options so you've limited his options WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.

Third stock, that was a good pivot grab on his glide. Well done, that's how you grab an MK.

And you didn't punish tornados well enough. Gotta get MU exp for that though, and you say you don't have much. So that's forgivable.

Work on your fundamentals, like Lux said.

I only watched the second match.

Roller

Smash Legend
So I ended my summer hiatus from smash with my first legit tourney this weekend.

3rd/25, behind Zinoto and Shugo (he went mk vs me, not falco).

I did manage to pull off the sexiest **** on Shugo tho. He was landing on the smashville platform after a tornado. I platform cancelled, into an immediate run through (hard read on the immediate spot dodge, which he did)->pivot grab->dead.

He wound up winning the set 3-1 tho. =/
(win was on castle siege)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Got a friendlies set I want critiqued. We weren't exactly doing a Bo5, we just ended up doing five games.
Dettadeus (ICs) vs Dave! (G&W/MK)
Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Game 4 Game 5
Any generally helpful stuff would be good, like stuff I should bother trying to punish and situations where I should just reset to neutral.
Also, before this set I hadn't had any serious G&W experience, which kinda explains why I was floundering a bit the first two games.

DeLux

I spied me some LD1 OOS action in the MK one so far

I can now retire in peace :)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I guess so. I'm at a standstill as far as myICs. On one hand my ICs are improving but I'm at a point whether I really question if I should go further with them, or just stop playing them and spend the energy I would with them into Pit.

:phone:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Got first in a tourney last night. Won with IC.
GF was me vs FGCU Viper :falco:.
It was really tough, he beat me in WF game 5, then GF1 i went 3-0 and then GF2 it went to game 5 and i won because he killed nana with an Usmash and Popo punished with an Usmash back. IT was really close.

Also, i was a stock down with popo game 3 GF2 and i sopo Dthrow falco 0-35, ran off and footstooled for a comeback!
That was the game changer.

Shouout to Vinnie / 9b and everyone who created that/.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Nice job Mink! Hopefully I can meet you @ Waba and we can play.

Also, I will learn this character and start training hardcore for Waba/Apex. I think I found a guaranteed grab if an opponent is shielding. What if we sync side-b then dsynch blizzard and grab w/polo when nana I'd blizzarding a shield. Does that work?

:phone:

Top Bottom