• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shut up smoooooom
You put in work it looked like

Every tournament:
*Smoom bodies people that bodies every other IC outside the big 2*
Paraphrasing: "Everyone I beat was super free"

Smoom77

Smash Master
But I'm serious, I didn't get notable wins. I lost to the TL in Houston pjshadow1 (for namesearch sake), then beat a amateur ICs, lost to a Diddy, but he had to leave so he gave me the win, beat an olimar, and then lost to the same TL.

I just get really easy bracket.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah, it was him. Do you really think he's that good, Lux? He was okay, but I got multiple grabs on him, including one I got within the first five seconds of the match.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But I'm serious, I didn't get notable wins. I lost to the TL in Houston pjshadow1 (for namesearch sake), then beat a amateur ICs, lost to a Diddy, but he had to leave so he gave me the win, beat an olimar, and then lost to the same TL.

I just get really easy bracket.
Almost like my last tourney. Had an easy pool, got 2nd seed and still got the easiest bracket of the whole tournament. Not even mad.

| Big D |

Smash Master
To be fair I talked to him and he said he was really off that set. He normally like bodies other ICs (because he housed with me for like a week obvs)

Also last tourney I got 1st seed but hardest bracket, da heck.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was the first white IC's >_<.

Roller

Smash Legend
I beat Asa. =o

Also played a bunch of friendlies with him at SKTAR to help him prepare for playing ikon or somebody in tourney.

He's a solid player, but I think he needs a bit of work on the mu.

I got 3rd this weekend. =/

Lost to Zinoto for the billion and a halfth straight time.

2-0'd L_Cancel (for the first time, granted he almost never shows up anymore) really solidly in Winners semis, but he wound up beating me in the ditto in LFs. ;;

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I got 3rd this weekend. =/

Lost to Zinoto for the billion and a halfth straight time.

2-0'd L_Cancel (for the first time, granted he almost never shows up anymore) really solidly in Winners semis, but he wound up beating me in the ditto in LFs. ;;
Im watching L_Klancel(oli) vs you as we speak. Already watched WFs and LFs.

Your desynchs are *** son, step it up.

Vs L in the ditto you kept just throwing out a lot of moves right when you shouldn't have. You could have easily beaten him if you desynch blizzard walled him out, but once again, your desynching was ***; you ran into him a lot when you needed to play back more.

Vs Zinoto you kept running in too hard and got thrown into the diddy vortex; nothing more, nothing less.

| Big D |

Smash Master
^

I learned to wobble in melee. After all the melee players told me how their infinite was so much harder to do than Brawl's, it turns out to be much easier -_-

Gonna rub it in next weekend.

Roller

Smash Legend
You guys are still allowed to wobble!??!?!?!

SALT.

It's banned in MI. And it is specifically targeted at me. -__-

For the record, their handoffs aren't that easy. But yeah, wobbling is free.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I got first. Me and keith always split since we are roommates,crewmates and very good friends. Diddy kong is easy for me because i play keith all the time

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
^

I learned to wobble in melee. After all the melee players told me how their infinite was so much harder to do than Brawl's, it turns out to be much easier -_-

Wobbling is the easiest infinite I've ever done. It only took me less than an hour after picking up melee climbers to actually be able to do it.

Their handoffs are simpler than ours from what I've experienced. The edge chaingrab is more about reacting to what nana does as opposed to timing it by muscle memory, which is easier to me.

Desyncing is overrated

Even the Grab Desync
The only real desync is belay desync.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
OCEAN knows all about the Belay Desync :D

He also knows all about my focal dystonia >_>

| Big D |

Smash Master
Good stuff Jeff.

Took me 15 minutes get on my level.

Mainly happy because I get an unbelievable amount of hate on stream from melee players about how easy our CG is compared to wobbling, and now I find out that's completely false.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
^

-___- I'd be lying if I didn't think this was upsetting. You don't like melee players?

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Naw man I love most of em.

They sometimes commentate our stream though and they talk so much **** about brawl ICs and how easy they are and how wobbling is so much harder.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
They way most melee players see brawl is the same way street fighter players see smash in general. They look down on it without knowing anything about it. I prefer melee, but I played brawl and melee long enough to like and dislike aspects of both games.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone.

So I decided to pick up Ice Climbers as a secondary. Why? Because I think controlling two characters is kind of awesome. :U And yes, they are kind of adorable. So you might see me here occasionally.

And yeah... That's about all I have to say, really. So here, have this random introduction. Nice to meet you.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now I got interested in Melee ICs as well... Maybe I should mess around with them. They seem fun, but I guess they are **** since they are not top3 :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You guys are still allowed to wobble!??!?!?!

SALT.

It's banned in MI. And it is specifically targeted at me. -__-

Yo, don't kill me for this but what exactly is wobbling? Never played melee ICs, have no idea. >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think it's a trick that allows you to reset the grab timer so your opponent never mashes out of the grab. I have no idea how it's done.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Now I got interested in Melee ICs as well... Maybe I should mess around with them. They seem fun, but I guess they are **** since they are not top3 :(
The char's outside top three are trash? Bull****. That may be how balanced brawl is but it doesn't translate to melee.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wobbling sounds like what opponents do when you jab lock them in brawl lol. :p

Interesting though, resetting a grab timer so you can't get out so easily...

| Big D |

Smash Master
Wobbling is basically grabbing someone an alternating between pummeling and doing a tilt.

It's inescapable but can be mashed out of if you release before the first tilt.

Both games have plenty of viable characters with their own balance, not worth getting into a melee vs brawl discussion.

I just wanted to be able to wobble so people would get off my case about how easy it is to CG in brawl compared to wobbling.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wobbling is basically grabbing someone an alternating between pummeling and doing a tilt.

It's inescapable but can be mashed out of if you release before the first tilt.

Both games have plenty of viable characters with their own balance, not worth getting into a melee vs brawl discussion.

I just wanted to be able to wobble so people would get off my case about how easy it is to CG in brawl compared to wobbling.
Yeah you're right. Sounds silly when you put it that way.

Also that sounds nuts if you don't mash out after the first grab.

Top Bottom