• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
My ICs Jacksonville Tournmaent Results (posting cause I feel like it and cuz I suck)

Got 3rd with ICs.

Only used peach once cause I was sent to brinstar.

Lost to Ryo and Goofball.

Took 1 win off Ryo on Lylat with ICs vs Ike. 2nd game was close but he clutched it and 3rd he 2 stocked me.

VS Goofball: Zomg peach vs ICs :( :(. Even tho all games were close its hard. My anti airs weren't working.

What I learned vs Ryo: He dosen't like to approach (depending on stage) when u are doing desync ice blocks, a few times frame trapped him into a grab with desynced IBs. I don't know if I count that win tho. I felt and he even said himself that he wasn't playing too well today (even tho he won) and said he needs to practice again.

EDIT: One thing important that I forgot to mention. I noticed when ryo tried to spike nana after he back throwed me off stage and nana came running after me
I used my second jump on accident and nana jumped as well and ryo missed the spike. I'm not to sure about how to space the distance between the 2 climbers to make nana jump. Never take Ryo or any good Ike to BF. The back throw to spike nana is very easy for Ike. If he does get back throw on either climber mash b to shoot an IB and it will semi-foil his plans :evil:

Made $15 overall.

What I learned overall: Is that I still suck :p

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yay for Delux.
I'm gonna go to Norway next weekend and see how I'll do with my Icies. Don't have much opportunity to practice before it :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Is the best way to grab as fast as possible from a platform cancel by holding down and unputting the platform cancel as shield and immediately pressing A after that? It seems to be really fast and makes ICies kinda scary on Lylat and SV.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
The fastest way I've been able to PC > Grab is the PC that only requires holding down and then releasing it as you go through the platform, then waiting a couple frames and inputting grab.
The other way is the instant dash PC, but then you're forced to either pivot grab or b-throw to Nana since you'll be at the end of the platform by the end of the grab (on Lylat, at least).

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Is the best way to grab as fast as possible from a platform cancel by holding down and unputting the platform cancel as shield and immediately pressing A after that? It seems to be really fast and makes ICies kinda scary on Lylat and SV.
Yes

and this is why I go to Lylat.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a tournament tomorrow. I am going to get destroyed because I haven't played brawl in like 6 months looool. Only played melee and project m a ton.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sure :). I will use whichever character I think I have a better chance of winning with for whoever I'm playing. So probably mostly IC's with some mk for snake/diddy

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Or we can sopo challenge. See who can win more games using Sopo? :D :D :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Or we can sopo challenge. See who can win more games using Sopo? :D :D :D
Nah, I want to win my tournament lol.

You should come to davids tournament >_>

DeLux

You see, I work Saturday and Sundays since I retired from TOing and stuff. That's why locals are Fridays in Lawrence since they want me to win :D

My weekends are booked all the way through August with tournaments: Z3, Whobo, Revelations. Maybe September lol
If you want to go to Whobo though we should team :D :D :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nah there is no reason for me to go to whobo.

DeLux

BTW guys, Takun is going to be the future of ICs. I'm teaching him everything I know :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, I got destroyed lol.

I won doubles though heh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I haven't started playing competitively yet, but today I figured out how to chain grab effectively with IC. Feels good man.

Top Bottom