• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I can't play ICs against most people unless i'm on tournament or on wifi. I'm happy with maining these wittle canadians :3.

Roller

Smash Legend
hey you MAIN ics bish, i will still and forever main pikajew :p
That's how it always starts. I said that when I started, I'm positive ESAM said that when he started; then you start to realize all the matchups pikachu is good at ICs are just as **** at, if not more. Before you know it you are a co-main like I was for quite a while, and ESAM is now. THEN you start just using Pika for rainbow and ****.

Then you pick up MK/Falco as a secondary, 'cause **** Peach. And having an easier way to beat ROB aint bad either...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm still more comfortable against a majority of high tiers with Pikachu (MK, Snake, Falco, Wario (although I like ics vs wario too), D3, ZSS), but ICs are just so ****ing good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Talked with Dojo today, he is maining IC's now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Just be careful not to fall to the dark side, Esam. Seriously, if you mained IC's there wouldn't be any good Pikachu players left.

How long have you used IC's vs Diddy Kong, anyway? That's not a terrible matchup for pika.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I have to think as Pikachu. As ICs I can just play smart and simple and win. Almost every character has the responsibility to approach/separate ICs unless they can effectively camp forever. Pikachu definitely has a lot of tools to deal with Diddy, but it is more irritating than ICs.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Riddle me this:

How does Wario get ICs off the ground without risking getting grabbed?

Roller

Smash Legend
How does wario do ANYTHING without getting grabbed?

I've yet to find a wario that doesn't lose to pivotgrab everything.. My only losses to them have been if I've dropped multiple grabs.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wairo vs IC's is fairly even. A lot of warios moves are safe on shield, he can effectively poke at shield and pivot grab is easy to bait and punish. Reflex is the only wario I've played recently though that is even half-decent at the match-up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I should play reflex next weekend in a MM or something with them to see~ Hopefully I can have them recorded and uploaded.

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean, I watched Vinnie vs Malcolm the other week. Kid dropped like a million grabs and still won.

If you don't drop grabs, there is no reason to lose that mu.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean, I watched Vinnie vs Malcolm the other week. Kid dropped like a million grabs and still won.

If you don't drop grabs, there is no reason to lose that mu.
Did you watch reflex vs vinnie? Malcolm isn't good at the match-up at all from what I've seen. The only wario I've played that has actually been good at the match-up was phantomX but he quit awhile ago. I would say reflex is currently the best at it out of the warios but he still doesn't play it optimally.

This is just a matter of there not being many warios anymore.

Roller

Smash Legend
Did you watch reflex vs vinnie? Malcolm isn't good at the match-up at all from what I've seen. The only wario I've played that has actually been good at the match-up was phantomX but he quit awhile ago. I would say reflex is currently the best at it out of the warios but he still doesn't play it optimally.

This is just a matter of there not being many warios anymore.
I didn't see reflex vs vinnie, but if he dropped half as many grabs vs reflex as he did vs malcolm. That would explain it.

That set wasn't saved though, was it? if it was, I'd be interested in watching.

But yeah, sure in theory a wario could completely outplay the ICs and win. However as you said, there is MAYBE 1 wario on the continent who can actually do that. If that. And he rarely travels out of region. So for the vast majority of players, it doesn't even matter.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't see reflex vs vinnie, but if he dropped half as many grabs vs reflex as he did vs malcolm. That would explain it.

That set wasn't saved though, was it? if it was, I'd be interested in watching.

But yeah, sure in theory a wario could completely outplay the ICs and win. However as you said, there is MAYBE 1 wario on the continent who can actually do that. If that. And he rarely travels out of region. So for the vast majority of players, it doesn't even matter.
I was watching that set and I only remember vinnie dropping like one grab and it was because it was on smashville platform, other than that he didn't grab Reflex almost at all IIRC. And then he went peach for god knows what reason lol.

DeLux

Peach is supposed to be between +1 and +2 on Wario
Vinnie's peach is pretty good

Not a totally crazy choice imo

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Peach is supposed to be between +1 and +2 on Wario
Vinnie's peach is pretty good

Not a totally crazy choice imo
I can't see how peach beats wario lol but I guess that's just me.

DeLux

I don't get it either but Peach defies logic on a regular basis so I'm not going to question it

Smoom77

Smash Master
Peach's aerials>Wario's aerials in the matchup imo. Turnips help with air control. Grab release is an easy kill. Peach can use his bike pieces well.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Bair eats Warios aerials with somewhat ease and Peach gets rid of her biggest weakness which is killing. I can see why the MU is in her favor. Not that it's a good reason to use her though, she is hard as hell :(

Well, gonna practice my IC up a lot and I'll use them in the next tourney in like 3 weeks. I hope I'm gonna do well. I have no idea if I'm gonna drop all the grabs under the stress. :S

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Bair eats Warios aerials with somewhat ease and Peach gets rid of her biggest weakness which is killing. I can see why the MU is in her favor. Not that it's a good reason to use her though, she is hard as hell :(

Well, gonna practice my IC up a lot and I'll use them in the next tourney in like 3 weeks. I hope I'm gonna do well. I have no idea if I'm gonna drop all the grabs under the stress. :S

Peach = IC - CGs - Heavy Frame Traps. Practice with her is key.
I like hard, masochistic characters so I play her a lot.
Pray to me and I'll deliver you from dropped CGs
Nope, that'll only make him drop more grabs for TRUSTing in you.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I had a brief moment of maining Peach back when MK was banned, had trouble deciding who to main so I tried Peach. Did pretty well, placed 3rd and stuff. Then I was like ffs and G&W was the ****. Now I'm trying to create the badass IC+G&W combo. I heard it's pretty good.

Also, considering I go even with Finlands best players using IC when I drop pretty much all grabs atm, does it mean I would beat everyone if I didn't drop them? :awesome:

Top Bottom