• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
> Lux gives mathematically correct answer
> People question mathematically correct answer
That's more than just math though, that's space too. :p

In other news, was working on stuff but then I took college to the head. Now I'll only make progress on weekends now.
/johns
/hi

Roller

Smash Legend
There are a lot of ways. A common one is to tap down instead. Or use another aerial, or an airdodge, etc.

I use dair to pc onstage a lot since it's significantly easier for me. But I use tap down offstage/if I am not on my game that day. Less chance you get ****ed that way.

I'll check out those vids tonight, Smoom. Not many vids of ICs vs ZSS, so I'm particularly interested in watching that one.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Vs ZSS

You won. Good job

Vs. Denti

Watch your Uair spacing for the first 20 seconds. Baited for things hard

I feel like flashing that you're going for a platform cancel dash grab attempt at 45 seconds in to the set is too early. I'm sure you had your tactical reasons why, but I personally would try to let the game come to me first.

You got lucky he didn't platform drop fair on that Whiffed Uair O_O

At 1:03 when you squall him, you went for an Uair. There was no platform for Olimar to land. Just wait on the ground in shield. The Olimar has to choose between getting grabbed or risking an IB from having to pikmin chain. Especially with a stock lead, let Olimar come to you, don't go after Olimar imo. Kind of counter inuitive compared to every other character

Good IB setup for the grab, but Nana is in that dead zone where she walks instead of runs. If I were in that situation, I would have mashed jump to try to get nana to hobble the Olimar on her way in. Just an option you might not have thought of.

At 1:53 when Denti is Uairing Nana on separation, I'd go for a Bair to Guard Break instead of an Uair. He could have killed Nana because you hit him into her with Uair >_>. Fortunately he didn't

Your Sopo has a spot dodge habit under pressure O_O Could be Olimar, but you spot dodged when he had a purple in line. Purple + spot dodge = early death. Purple + shield = death by close range grab at later percents than usmash

You just respawned, he threw the purple at you, and you let it live. Don't do that lol

Oh god, don't air dodge into Olimar

I've been wanting to say this the whole set, but you haven't been punished for it until the Uair plank at 4:47, but I think you stand too close to the edge to edge guard. Uair and Pikmin Chain will hitbox that range, so you just took unnecessary damage. Give some more space. Like if you give him a little more than IC grab range of stage, he might be tempted to Fair and land their, which is a free baited grab.

You lost the match at 4:56. He wasn't anywhere near Olimar Usmash kill percent (around 115 sweet spotted) and you fished for an usmash when you had an easy grab. Just stay calm even when Olimar is being broken. Your ICs, it's in your favor

Game 2

All things being said, that wasn't a bad Sopo stock for your first stock

Man, not much to say this game, just a lot of stupid IC stuff that can happen occurred.

I bet you'll beat him next time.

DeLux

I wouldn't do it.

Girls might think you climb mountains and ask about it
It would be awkward to tell them you play children's games for money imo

DeLux

Just saying if you do, be prepared with a great cover story or be a bad *** and actually climb mountains with ice picks lol

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I suggest the latter.

I just have a Body-armor case for my 3GS.
It's excactly the same as an otter box, but not water proof.
And like $50 cheaper.

And it's green and yellow like Yoshi :D

:phone:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wouldn't do it.

Girls might think you climb mountains and ask about it
It would be awkward to tell them you play children's games for money imo
I tell girls this all the time >_> lol.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Goodness, been a while since I posted here... been busy with school XD Anyways, I just learned to chain grab(but I can only do it with D-Throw) lol. My birthday is this Sunday :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
It isn't awkward for me considering how much money I've won ^^'
Considering how most people make more money with a job within a few weeks than a pro smasher does within a year, yes, it still is awkward if you are dealing with the average girl. With a girl gamer though this might be different though, but if she knows anything about competitive communities it is still not that impressive since our scene is small overall compared to most really competitive games.

Major props for managing to vent using whatever flies around on these boards though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Considering how most people make more money with a job within a few weeks than a pro smasher does within a year, yes, it still is awkward if you are dealing with the average girl. With a girl gamer though this might be different though, but if she knows anything about competitive communities it is still not that impressive since our scene is small overall compared to most really competitive games.

Major props for managing to vent using whatever flies around on these boards though.
The vast majority of girls play video games lol. There is nothing awkward about talking about video games to a girl as long as that's not the only thing you ever talk about. It's only looked down on as a hobby because people feel insecure talking about it and stereotype others. I wouldn't associate myself with someone who judges me for something like playing a video game.

Edit: Mr. G&W that is very incorrect lol. Brawl is very small compared to most competitive games. EVO pulls thousands of entrants for fighting games every year while smash's largest tournament had around 800. A league tournament recently just had 230,000 viewers, the most a smash stream has gotten is about 9000.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Evo has multiple games, and therefore multiple scenes.

And they have way fewer tournaments than we do. SWF has more members than any other competitive game forum IIRC, and that's after MLG erased like 75,000 accounts.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
You might not know me since I don't here very often lol. Anyways, I know some girls who play video games, though I wouldn't talk to them ONLY about that :p I only have one girl friend(not girlfriend as in boyfriend and girlfriend, just friends :p) that actually plays brawl, but I've beaten her in almost every match. Though I haven't seen her in 2 years :c

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Evo has multiple games, and therefore multiple scenes.

And they have way fewer tournaments than we do. SWF has more members than any other competitive game forum IIRC, and that's after MLG erased like 75,000 accounts.

Just take the one major scene out and compare it to Brawl: SSFIV.

Most of its regionals have tournament sizes that are usually double the size of our nationals.

Teh Future

Smash Master
The vast majority of girls play video games lol. There is nothing awkward about talking about video games to a girl as long as that's not the only thing you ever talk about. It's only looked down on as a hobby because people feel insecure talking about it and stereotype others. I wouldn't associate myself with someone who judges me for something like playing a video game.
I agree with this. It's like black people and chicken. LOL

I am using side B and stutterstep fsmash to desync now. They are too good and super easy.

:]

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Just take the one major scene out and compare it to Brawl: SSFIV.

Most of its regionals have tournament sizes that are usually double the size of our nationals.
At the same time, that's all they have.

Monthlies are rare, let alone nearly every state having multiple monthlies at the same time.
We average 500 tournaments a year. Far more than SSFIV.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
At the same time, that's all they have.

Monthlies are rare, let alone nearly every state having multiple monthlies at the same time.
We average 500 tournaments a year. Far more than SSFIV.

What are you talking about?

They have weekly tournaments every week consistently: Tues-Sat is pretty common to find a tournament. Their regular sizes are about the same as ours, but they have a lot more. Streams average around 5k viewers on normal weekly tournaments; Regionals tote a good 12k usually and Nationals get around 24k viewers. Evo gets about 100-200k viewers.

They even have their pro's just stream themselves in the lab looking for stuff and practicing.

And I'm just talking about East Coast about the tournaments. I don't even know whats been going down with West Coast, but I do know that SoCal's major weekly has been taking a break till February 1st after they finished out their season at their Regionals.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Street Fighter is awesome, I'm trying to learn it but xbox 360 controller sucks *** and inputs a jump whenever I want to walk forward

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Smash is most likely the biggest fighting game scene in Finland by far. We wanted to join their tourney with all sorts of fighting games and were interested in show them our game and to try theirs.
What we got was a lot of hate. They told us to get the **** out and play with our legos or play for candy and made a lot of reference how childish our game and we are and eventually we were not allowed there at all. Fighting game scenes are soooo mature, right? >_>

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
smash gets looked down upon so much by every other community looooool
Fighting game scene kinda hates us because Sakurai posted a statement to everyone saying "This game is casual, stop trying to make it into a fighting game." Then proceeded to take out competitive aspects out of Brawl and worse of all... added tripping.

FGC is full of *******s that think that Smash is the lowest form of competitive game out. But they don't really realize that we have to work harder/smarter than they do in their games, due to no option selects/input shortcuts. :V

Plus, Brawl is more of a "pure" or "old school" competitive game in the sense that it doesn't get updated whatsoever unlike most fighters today, which is one of the main reasons I don't want to pick up another fighter. I don't want to learn matchups to know that in 3 months all that knowledge is gonna be nerfed.

/rant

Top Bottom