• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm gonna do my ICs shoutouts here so they don't get lost in the shuffle of the results thread.

DeLux: Thanks so much for your coaching and encouragement this weekend. =]
It was a huge part of why I was able to beat KT. Was also great to see you and hang for a bit again. And next time you wont lose to Ocean, it was obvious you had the potential to beat him. Also, thanks for the new trick. Seeing it set up that grab on Ocean for you definitely sold me on it. lol

Cheese: Always good chilling with you. Good stuff beating Karamity in that mm and being so close to taking Zero's money. Shoulda came and drank with us at the hotel tho. :reverse:

Hylian: We never talk that much at these things... lol. Was still good to see you there, I noticed you watching the projector and looking awe struck a lot of the time. Glad to see you still getting hype over smash.

ESAM: I can't believe you finally admitted ICs have an advantage over pikachu. lol Really great job at this. #2 finisher from North America and #4 of the world is incredible. We don't always see eye to eye on ****, but I respect the heck out of you as a player. I especially enjoyed watching you vs gnes. And thanks for the hug after hearing about what happened with my pool. :)

Roller: I guess next time just don't lose a single set..

Vinnie

Smash Master
1 tournament = drop from first to 4th

Pokerface

Haven't gotten worse than 2nd in 4 months (while attending almost every Saturday), other than APEX. I suck now tho.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I totally got Esam to admit IC's have an advantage over Pika in the match-up discussion, even if it was +1 lol.

Had fun talking to all the IC mains. Good job beating Kakera Esam, he beat all the other IC's in IC ditto MM's lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
oh yeah, I forgot to give a shoutout to Vinnie. L

Fun drinking with you, bro. That Godiva alcoholic chocolate **** was insaneeee

And even after you guys had that mu discussion, he was still arguing with me about it, Hylian. Kakera was clearly more convincing than you or I. :denzel:

And to be fair Vinnie, he would have put 9b and maybe kakera and possibly even himself above you prior to apex. I believe you are currently #1 in NA though. ESAM may be tied with you for 1st, or 2nd. It's all semantics though really. You are both great players and among the top 5 in the country overall, imo.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Psh, I'm clearly better since I beat a Wario this weekend with ICs and he didn't :troll:

But yeah, Vinnie is still godlike, obviously.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think one thing we can all take from the japanese dominating apex:

9B is a god.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I watched Apex on Sunday, I was impressed.

ESAM and Vinnie da best at IC ditto, and the metagame for it in general. (Vinnie I know from personal experience, got ALL THE TRICKS!)

I wanna go over the footage just to see what else I can learn later.

I'm still da worst IC, GET AT ME!!! I rarely play this game.

*Those priorities*

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I killed kakera that exact same way esam lol, made me smile when you did it in tournament.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yeah, I would have thought he would have learned. I killed him with IB from his belay AND squall when we friendlied lol

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I watched Apex on Sunday, I was impressed.

ESAM and Vinnie da best at IC ditto, and the metagame for it in general. (Vinnie I know from personal experience, got ALL THE TRICKS!)

I wanna go over the footage just to see what else I can learn later.

I'm still da worst IC, GET AT ME!!! I rarely play this game.

*Those priorities*
Nope I'm the worst. x)

DeLux

I've decided I'm maining ZSS as of today guys

On a side note:

Unlike most characters, I'm pretty confident that our technical metagame available to ICs is at least on par or better than anything Japan had to offer.

And obviously they have a little bit of ways to go to beat us in the ditto ;)

Now if the rest of the US and their characters would quit slacking, we'd be in good shape

One day they will all learn to hit the jump button and I will be defeated with ease. Just ask Shugo ><

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Soooooo

I learned from this thread that whoever ESAM meets that particular weekend that plays ICs, he automatically declares them on the top 5 ICs chart lol

9B, Kakera, Vinnie, lain, Hylian, Smoom, Cheese, Roller, Ikon (spelling?), Fino, ESAM, and Saint are all a tier (some two or three or in ESAM's case a billion tiers) higher than me in skill at least in the IC Ditto

FreeLux until the next National :(

no.

Ten no's.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm debating between practicing (since I lost sets I'd never drop if I had CGs on point), and just playing for lulz, since my incredibly rusty ICs are still pretty good I think.

tl;dr MK is fray

edit: Hylian is the best coach in the universe.

edit, the second: 8 seconds on the clock and just SoPo? NBD I GOT BAIR.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wouldn't be so fast to say USA > Japan in the ditto considering 9B beats Kakaera in the ditto fairly easily and esam barely beat kakera due to nana side-bing off the ledge.

And yes, every time I coach cheese he wins LOL.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Here's how I did in my pool:
2-0 vs slush (forfeit)
2-0 vs Speed
2-1 vs King Toon
0-2 vs Raven Lord (Top Euro Lucas, in one game I dropped the grab last stock, the other I tripped during it.)

I didn't make it out... =/

The seeding at this was terrible, a 4th seed beating a first seed should never even be a possibility.

(I was 4th, KT 1st)

Also, I hear The Japanese impressed Hylian...

LOL I love this picture.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
watching these sets kind of motivated me to start playing again a bit :)

Also: We should all go on a bootcamp to japan lol.

DeLux

But Mr. GnW, I get beaten by the jump button :D

When discussing matchups for the new chart, I was consistently told that grab setups were gimmicky and didn't work at high levels of play ><

I'm still looking for that high level of play because I grabbed everyone with all the gimmicks O_O

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
People don't know. Tons of people have no idea about the 20112 CG.

:phone:

Also, all the ICs hype at apex, plus I'm about to see smoom in tourney this Saturday <3 made me wanna play some ICs. I did a SH blizzard on my brothers ness, and it froze him, and he didn't shoot up, he was just an icicle on the ground and I grabbe him before he could mash out.

I saved the replay if you wan buy.

DeLux

plank more:

[yt]qkkiXcSN9hE#t=02m21s[/yt]

gayest grab ever

Smoom77

Smash Master
Do you want any comments? My biggest pet peeve was that you never naired. You almost always went for the grab, even when it seemed like a horrible time to try to grab.

DeLux

eh, give me about two days or so to process everything. At which point I'll want critique from people

I think I played like a giant scrub this set mostly due to nerves and stuff and wanting to beat Japan. Most of my impatience was anxiety at some level, which is sad because the one set that gets recorded I played extremely nervous :(

I gave him 6 extra stocks game one ><

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i know how you feel. when i was playing bassem i had so much adrenaline pumping through everyone thought i was raging when i was uncontrollably shaking but i just said it's because im so anxious. i mean i didn't die against him until there was like 2 mins left. then i got wafted and then i had to approach wario with pit -.-

Top Bottom