• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
had my sopo timed out for the first time on the weekend; 6 minutes on my second stock.

then i realised im dropping this character. ics too bad.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Only the 2nd best character in the game. Bad.

Also, I beat R3flex in the one game we played ICs vs Wario (frigate). Stay free, ICs.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
perhaps. i lost the lead, then wario ignored me.

need to play safer/gayer, cause once that leads gone, i dont think you can get it back.

any good videos you think i could learn off?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow, Ice Climbers SUCK.

I beat Vinnie 3-0 in a $20 money match with my Lucario.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ill, I'll MM your anything-but-peach with my Samus for up to 20$ next time we see each other. Get the **** @ me scrub you lost to a PT

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Ill, I'll MM your anything-but-peach with my Samus for up to 20$ next time we see each other. Get the **** @ me scrub you lost to a PT
My Diddy tho.

Are you truly down?
Btw, I watch your vids and you're my favorite player.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm bored.

ESAM guessing game fun time :D

Extra
Sure
Against
Meta-Knight

Ethiopian
Samoan
At
McDonalds

Extra
Salty
Against
Meta-Knight

ESAM
Sucks
At
Mothers

Eating
Siamese
Asian
Men

ESAM
Soooo
Adores
Muppets

ESAM
Soo
Aint
Manly

?____________? byezzz.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Also, I beat R3flex in the one game we played ICs vs Wario (frigate). Stay free, ICs.
Advice, please.
No seriously. If I could do this, I'd be so happy.

(I realize there's no straightforward advice to beating an intelligent player, but if there's anything at all that stuck out to you about his playstyle, I'd like to know.)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I wons a tournament somehow yays!

I went only mk though lol. I used IC's in the side tournament which was all items on except hearts/tomatoes/fans because ic's with items are brokennn and won that too.

I had an epic IC ditto with future in tournament on icicle mountain(if that's what that stage is called lmao).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah that's right. Icicle mountain was in melee.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have a harder time finishing my opponents after chaingrabbing them than I have actually chaingrabbing. It's kinda embarrassing >_>
When my opponent is at kill % I try to charge a smash a bit and then throw, but most of the time I somehow screw it up. I either try to do it too fast and end up doing nothing or I fail to charge it and opponent doesn't die or a fail at Nanas throw so that Popo can't smash in time.
Because of this I get nervous when chaingrabbing after 100% causing me to drop a lot of grabs.

What a dumb problem really, it should be the easiest part.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I have a harder time finishing my opponents after chaingrabbing them than I have actually chaingrabbing. It's kinda embarrassing >_>
When my opponent is at kill % I try to charge a smash a bit and then throw, but most of the time I somehow screw it up. I either try to do it too fast and end up doing nothing or I fail to charge it and opponent doesn't die or a fail at Nanas throw so that Popo can't smash in time.
Because of this I get nervous when chaingrabbing after 100% causing me to drop a lot of grabs.

What a dumb problem really, it should be the easiest part.
If you're REALLY good at CGing, and don't mind it being harder, just CG them like 2 more reps. Like, example.

You could kill Diddy around 110 with a partially charged U-Smash.

Orrrrr you could CG him to 130 and just tap U-smash and it'll kill him without any other inputs.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I think it would be more beneficial for him to just learn how to charge an usmash instead of doing unnecessary frame precision timed inputs >_>

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The answer for everything should be practice and think while practicing. When I first picked up IC's, I learned how to bthrow to nana before people even knew it was possible. They banned chaingrabbing after I won a huge tournament, so I invented dthrow -> footstool -> IB to continue chaingrabs. People started mashing out of my grabs fast, I started buffering everything. People starting mashing at the edge when I couldn't backthrow, so I start pivot grabbing them out of it. Snakes nades always blew me up when chaingrabbing him, so I started running past him and pivot grabbing to avoid the nades.

None of this was me asking anyone, it was me sitting in training mode for hours just thinking of ways to apply what I was teaching myself with whatever challenges I faced at the moment. I was also extremely dedicated then, I don't see myself ever putting that much time into brawl again, mainly because I can't afford to with school/work full time and living with my girlfriend.

Tl;dr you will get better faster and more efficiently teaching yourself. Some things are fine to ask about but asking how to do simple things or asking when you haven't even tried to figure it out yourself is a no-no.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Good stuff. I actually do think when I practice. I just don't mindlessy cg and do it until I'm satisfied. I try to get myself a visual cue to use so I can rely on it when I haven't chaingrabbed that character for a while. Otherwise multiple character will just mess me up. When I drop a grab I tend to figure out if it was spacing or timing and was it too early or too late and then I adjust and try to fix it. Though with that I barely practice basic movement or anything with ICs even though that would also be important. I might be overreliant on grabs right now and getting the grabs is really hard just as people often say...
Also Hylian wtf, people banned the chaingrabs just like that at first instead of trying to deal with it?
I remeber though back in 08 when people argued to ban Dedede chaingrab too so it's not that weird but still... When exactly were they made legal again?

Top Bottom