• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
psh, gimr, I wanna be included too XP
so uh, bandxaid702 if you wanna add me as I did a lot of my own stuff on it back when it first got big

The Truth!

Smash Ace
If it werent for the teleporting it probably wouldnt be too susceptible to banning. Since it does...I find items and janky stages to be less obtrusive then teleports. Also if you squall intentionally into a projectile youll probably find it hard to argue that the opponent was at fault; determining whether it was intentional or not is another story though, lol.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If it werent for the teleporting it probably wouldnt be too susceptible to banning. Since it does...I find items and janky stages to be less obtrusive then teleports. Also if you squall intentionally into a projectile youll probably find it hard to argue that the opponent was at fault; determining whether it was intentional or not is another story though, lol.
It's not random or broken, the only time teleporting can happen if basically when only sopo can fight, and you can just abuse sopo for being bad if your not using a garbage character, so he can't force u into a position to teleport.

And it's ur opponents fault for shooting a projectile.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
If I ever do this in tourney and the teleport glitch begins then I'm just killing myself

Gea

Smash Master
You would still be the one to trigger the glitch. Accidentally triggering a glitch would still place the blame on you. Just like accidentally pausing, or accidentally freeze glitching in Melee with ICs, etc. Just because you don't feel like it's valid doesn't mean TOs will agree with you there. But right now it isn't banned at most tournaments so have at it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
You would still be the one to trigger the glitch. Accidentally triggering a glitch would still place the blame on you. Just like accidentally pausing, or accidentally freeze glitching in Melee with ICs, etc. Just because you don't feel like it's valid doesn't mean TOs will agree with you there. But right now it isn't banned at most tournaments so have at it.
Except it shouldn't be banned in the first place, it's not broken. If you believe it's broken do not give me the option of triggering it by shooting projectiles.

Gea

Smash Master
All I'm saying if it gets banned, you're going to be the one at fault for triggering it. You don't have to try to preach to me about this or that.

Gea

Smash Master
Well then if it becomes widely banned, I guess that means you'll be retiring? Who knows how this will all blow over in the end.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You would still be the one to trigger the glitch. Accidentally triggering a glitch would still place the blame on you. Just like accidentally pausing, or accidentally freeze glitching in Melee with ICs, etc. Just because you don't feel like it's valid doesn't mean TOs will agree with you there.
"You're allowed to Side B, but not during the particular 1/60th of a second that would cause a fusion" doesn't sound like a very enforceable rule to me. If a rule is not enforceable, then it shouldn't be a rule in the first place. Fusion also happens to not be broken: a rule isn't even warranted, nevermind it being enforceable. I don't know the full situation, but I do not believe such a rule will catch on. People in general are better than that, it's the same reason we haven't seen a widespread MK ban.

I don't even know if you think there should be a rule or not (I haven't read the full discussion), I just figured this was as good a post as any to respond to with my opinion lol.

Sirlin said:
Sometimes, a tactic can be hard to detect. If you can’t reliably detect something, you certainly can’t enforce penalties on it. In a fighting game, a trick might make a move invulnerable that shouldn’t be, but actually detecting every time the trick is used might be nearly impossible. Or consider a real-time strategy game, where a trick might give your units a few more hit points than normal, but again, detecting this might be nearly impossible in a real game. If something is to be banned from tournament play, it must be reasonably easy to identify when it happens or to prevent it from ever happening at all.

Also in a fighting game, a move might be “unfairly” unblockable, but only when that move is executed in a certain situation with precise 1/60th of a second timing. Did the player execute it during that “unfair” time window? Or 1/60th of a second late? Perhaps he accidentally executed the move at the unfair time through sheer luck. Is he to be penalized? Imagine trying to enforce a rule that states “You may usually use move X, but there’s 1/60th of a second where you may not use move X.”
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned.html

I'll just leave this here...

The Truth!

Smash Ace
No one said fusion is broken, only the teleporting thats random and stupid.
If you believe it's broken do not give me the option of triggering it by shooting projectiles.
lol.

Who has ultimate responsibility? The person initiating the optional 'trigger'.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hey cut me some slack, I can only assume, there's been a lot of "hurr broken banned durr" on the skype chat. :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
No one said fusion is broken, only the teleporting thats random and stupid.

lol.

Who has ultimate responsibility? The person initiating the optional 'trigger'.

Peaches turnip pull is random and stupid. So if gaw sideb. Ban?

Define why it needs to be banned, being random is not a good reason, nor is being "stupid". Is it overpowered? Does it produce results which do not take skill into account? Can you stall infinitely with it?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
If you can produce an argument for me as to why items and stages with double permanent walk offs should be banned, Ill be happy to give you good reasons.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
If you can produce an argument for me as to why items and stages with double permanent walk offs should be banned, Ill be happy to give you good reasons.
you're the affirming party which means you have to prove why you think it should be banned. Stages and ITems have nothing to do with fusion

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
In other words, you don't have any/enough evidence to warrant a ban.

Why? Because it really hasn't had much appearance in tournament.

Stuff that has to be done on frame 1 usually won't see much light. (see: Super Wavedashing)

swordgard

Smash Hero

Items are not banned, its an ingame switch, thus like any setting can be turned off or on while still playing the game.

You also assume I am against those things. I actually don't mind walkoffs unless the game overcentralizes around these, but there is a lack of tourney evidence for that. I am actually for having items in game to a certain degree, I want more testing to be done though. But items are a preference, because there is an in game option.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I know this is probably already know but if you time it right you can cancel about 1/2 of you ice block lag by landing on platforms right as the ice block comes out.

So you basically need to drop through the platform and do it or jump from beneath the platform and do it

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Learn all weights. Mix it up between mids, lights, and heavies so you don't get too accustomed to one cg style and *** up.

That is all. Dismissed.

RATED

Smash Lord
Learn all weights. Mix it up between mids, lights, and heavies so you don't get too accustomed to one cg style and *** up.

That is all. Dismissed.
I am learning all the weights if you look at the characters, Heavy weight(snake) , Mid/high ( lucario) light (mk) and I need to practice against a floaty char so I may CG practice against Peach.

thanks.

Top Bottom