• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
me+hylian+lain on livestream tomorrow

i probably wont get far enough to get on tho mad amount of people going to this.

check it out if you are not busy tho Lains gonna wreck shugo atomsk ally callin it nao =D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tko727
Be more confident you are just as good as I am :).

Hyped for this tournament, aiming for top 3 :). I REALLY want to beat ally lol.

meepxzero

Smash Master
*high fives*

--------------------------

a question: I am practicing the CGs with character with pretty different weight size Snake/MK/Lucario/Peach

is that good?
id practice mk (light weight)/snake (heavy weight)/diddy (weird semi-light-mid weight)/ lucario (mid weight). Thats the overall weights i practice. If you have warios and DDDs in your region id reccommend practicing those as well.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I love how random scrubs qq about our random fusion. treat it like MK... AND DEAL WITH IT. the only reason you're qq'ing about it is because you are in fear that you'll lose to it. that is the case. PERIOD. the only reason people would qq about MK is the fear of them losing, but people have learned to deal with it. It took time, but It's what happened. So... STOP QQ'ING!!!!!! and deal with it. :)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Items are not banned, its an ingame switch, thus like any setting can be turned off or on while still playing the game.

You also assume I am against those things. I actually don't mind walkoffs unless the game overcentralizes around these, but there is a lack of tourney evidence for that. I am actually for having items in game to a certain degree, I want more testing to be done though. But items are a preference, because there is an in game option.
Banned/set to off. But at least that is consistent. However thats also why I see no problem with it being banned at places that remove such items and stages. Id be glad to give moral support to fusion at any place that allowed those as well.
IT's not worth bothering for me to humor you :chuckle:
lol, well I didnt mean it that way, but I see I worded it poorly. I meant it really would have been pointless to argue otherwise. I was just responding to swordgard's question.

RATED

Smash Lord
id practice mk (light weight)/snake (heavy weight)/diddy (weird semi-light-mid weight)/ lucario (mid weight). Thats the overall weights i practice. If you have warios and DDDs in your region id reccommend practicing those as well.
thanks man, I am going to do that and yeah I am going to practice all of those even if my region lacks warios there's like one or two maybe, it wont hurt in anyway.

"Floaty" would specify their fast fall speed, not their weight.

Fast fall speed doesn't matter unless its SoPo CGing.
Thanks, I'll have to practice the SoPo CG too u reminded me of it.

Silly Ice climbers lmao. F*** your character.
F*** your MK. :laugh:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol im sitting in the front seat of a car on the way to ohio and we have smash set up in the back(8seatsuv) and i 0-deathed a mk twice even though i cant see the screen. best cg practice ever lmao

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
118 Person tournament. ally got 5th. Im still in and play the winner of lain and coney who are playing now. winner of me vs lain/coney plays shugo. ics rapinggg

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
****, I guess we'll see how Coney does against Icies lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
****, I guess we'll see how Coney does against Icies lol
Not very well at all. coney agrees with me after playing me and lain that ics win lol. I only played friendlies with him but i only dropped 2 games with ics and got quite a few 2 stocks. lain beat him in tournament.

you guys are doing it wrong lol.

also, i avenged swordgard hahaha. 2-0

JOE!

Smash Hero
do you guys have any tricks involving just Desynched attacks? (not CGs/Blizzard walls)

on paper two ICs just attacking seem very good...

swordgard

Smash Hero
Not very well at all. coney agrees with me after playing me and lain that ics win lol. I only played friendlies with him but i only dropped 2 games with ics and got quite a few 2 stocks. lain beat him in tournament.

also, i avenged swordgard hahaha. 2-0
Yeah I only played him in friendlies though. I dunnow how id do vs him in tourneys. I think its 6-4, its just not unwinabble.

lain

Smash Master
I got dq'ed out of winner's against Ally, thus making my long and arduous journey through losers to get 3rd. Lost to Zucco 5th game all IC's. The matchup isn't bad, but it's hard as hell for both characters lol

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

When did I ever say it wasn't the ice climbers favor. I said its not unwinnable. And I never said I lose to d3s in tourney. I just said coney does well against me in serious friendlies

also hylian I have some ice climbers dittos tips for you. I feel the main reason you lost to lain is because you were winning round 1 and he got that very oppurtune d-tilt Gimp. You lost momentum and got overly aggressive round 2.

If you space the forward b better I don't think the other climber can d-smash you out of shield to punish it. You kept forward bing all the way up into him. Once again I think the main reason you played poorly round 2 was because you were frustrated and because of your momentum lost.

RATED

Smash Lord
I play against lucarios so much that I will learn the matchup with ICs faster than against most characters.

The dair is annoying if it hits, but the Ice blocks are useful in this matchups.

( I been playing ICs since two months ago I think, but I know the Lucario MU with Snake and Dedede )

btw : ICs are <3

edit : GimR your post that's below mine is an awesome an idea, *goes to my room, to practice moar CG*

btw... I am practicing hard enough like 5 hours a day, since I study from 8:30 to 11:30am and I can't work since I have a scholarship that pays my studies and give money once a month but can't get a work ( that's the deal of it) since the scholarship ends when I can be in the laboral world so that I study, call some girl that I talk to everyday from college and then ICs practice all day :D ( I live really near of college)

the other day I overdid though... last friday I played from 7pm to 5am :/ wtf

I'll be beast with ICs someday(that's my goal) and with Snake.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
You don't have to approach lucario. You can just ice block desync and force his approach since it cancels any size aura ball.

BTW, meeps lucario strategy is smart. Completely master the chain Grab and only try to grab lucario don't do any damage besides chain grabs. This keeps lucario weak the whole match if done correctly.

Top Bottom