• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

swordgard

Smash Hero
You don't have to approach lucario. You can just ice block desync and force his approach since it cancels any size aura ball.

BTW, meeps lucario strategy is smart. Completely master the chain Grab and only try to grab lucario don't do any damage besides chain grabs. This keeps lucario weak the whole match if done correctly.
And more importanly, he will have less shieldstun increase.

Teh Future

Smash Master
doesnt meep loose to like every lucario in mdva? lol

lain did the matchup right, he just didnt finish grabs which **** you over in that matchup.

good stuff hylian.

snake ***** ICs

ally likes to cry when he looses and blames the game doesnt mean a matchup is good for us, open eyes kthnxbi

Vinnie

Smash Master
I agree. IMO the only character ICs lose to is MK (and maybe ROB). ICs are soo good lol.

Even with Snake, beats Lucario and Peach 6:4.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I agree. IMO the only character ICs lose to is MK (and maybe ROB). ICs are soo good lol.

I don't feel ROB is an issue at all, he gets upair juggle ***** so hard, hes more of an annoyance tbh.

I think IC's only lose to MK and TL.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Yeah ROB gets juggled and all but... his laser goes through blizzard... wait a second...

ICs:ROB 55:45 ~ 6:4
ICs:Chibo 4:6 :( because of the **** ledge.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah ROB gets juggled and all but... his laser goes through blizzard... wait a second...

I can see me landing like, 3 easy grabs on Chibo, because he has these patterns... that never change.

I also beat NL's ROB ;]

RATED

Smash Lord

can someone give an insight of how the ICs vs Peach is played?( just an idea idk)

next sunday will be my first tourney full ICs and I don't want lose consistency in my placings ( top 5 in like almost 2 years in a row.) and I know that I will encounter Excel Zero's Peach sooner or later.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
can someone give an insight of how the ICs vs Peach is played?( just an idea idk)

next sunday will be my first tourney full ICs and I don't want lose consistency in my placings ( top 5 in like almost 2 years in a row.) and I know that I will encounter Excel Zero's Peach sooner or later.
Um, don't bite on trying to grab the float cancelling fair. It autocancels and any good pitch will jab right after. The jab comes out on frame two and our grabs comes out on six.

Don't shield drop on the aforementioned situation, Dair, and use a lot of bair.

RATED

Smash Lord
Um, don't bite on trying to grab the float cancelling fair. It autocancels and any good pitch will jab right after. The jab comes out on frame two and our grabs comes out on six.

Don't shield drop on the aforementioned situation, Dair, and use a lot of bair.
thanks, I really know peach as a character as I play against her a lot. Thinking about it, I have an idea about the matchup, I know that Matchup as Snake but is not the same obviously.

but a matchup insight from someone who plays the matchup would be good, just to have an better idea.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Nha, holys way better at the matchup than chibo. I easily 2 stocked chibo.

Teh Future

Smash Master
but a matchup insight from someone who plays the matchup would be good, just to have an better idea.
nair her as she jumps.

bair beats dair when she is floating near the ground.

upair either trades or outranges full hop dair which beats our shorthopped bairs/nairs.

use turnips to desync. desync when she is on the ledge.

you have to play really conseratively because commiting to anything leads to you getting punished and taking 60%

RATED

Smash Lord
nair her as she jumps.

bair beats dair when she is floating near the ground.

upair either trades or outranges full hop dair which beats our shorthopped bairs/nairs.

use turnips to desync. desync when she is on the ledge.

you have to play really conseratively because commiting to anything leads to you getting punished and taking 60%
Thanks man, I got the idea :) , I am a really conservative player so it can help me on the MU.

Nair>jump

Bair > Dair NTG(near the ground)
Upair => Full hop Dair

Full hop dair > SH bair/nair

Peach at edge = Desynch prolly spaced blizzard with nana and Popo to punish accordingly to her action or Blizz-squall stuff.

and OBV don't mess up CGs.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When did I ever say it wasn't the ice climbers favor. I said its not unwinnable. And I never said I lose to d3s in tourney. I just said coney does well against me in serious friendlies

also hylian I have some ice climbers dittos tips for you. I feel the main reason you lost to lain is because you were winning round 1 and he got that very oppurtune d-tilt Gimp. You lost momentum and got overly aggressive round 2.

If you space the forward b better I don't think the other climber can d-smash you out of shield to punish it. You kept forward bing all the way up into him. Once again I think the main reason you played poorly round 2 was because you were frustrated and because of your momentum lost.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Yeah I got frustrated I guess after he gimped me first game. I played Shugo earlier and was pretty confident I could beat him so :(. Oh wells.

Also, I wrecked pretty much every MK I played at this lol. Lost to Zucco and Lain(lain also lost to Zucco..lucario is hard :(). Still think MK vs IC's is very even.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Yeah I got frustrated I guess after he gimped me first game. I played Shugo earlier and was pretty confident I could beat him so :(. Oh wells.

Also, I wrecked pretty much every MK I played at this lol. Lost to Zucco and Lain(lain also lost to Zucco..lucario is hard :(). Still think MK vs IC's is very even.
I wish you played holynightmare, want to see how other ics do vs him. So far, not so good >.>

Teh Future

Smash Master
holy hasnt played any ice climbers lol.

i guess he might have played prawn at apex or maybe vex but prawn has trouble vs mk and vex should since he is new to ICs

mk vs ics is even. I barely lost to shugo -_-

swordgard

Smash Hero
holy hasnt played any ice climbers lol.

i guess he might have played prawn at apex or maybe vex but prawn has trouble vs mk and vex should since he is new to ICs

mk vs ics is even. I barely lost to shugo -_-
2-0ed lain in a MM. Does that count?

edit: 1st match was close, 2nd was low % 2 stock on bf.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shugo seems to have gotten a lot better vs IC's after watching that video and comparing his matches with lain to the ones he played at apex. He played against Future, Lain, and me at SIIS, lots of practice.

He actually told me after we played that he thought I was almost or just as good/smart as lain is. That might be true in the MK match-up but Lain is def a lot better than me in other match-ups like Lucario/snake lol.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I got wtf worked by Jtails' MK this weekend. Aggro MK is SO FRUSTRATING. Back to the drawing board...again.

meepxzero

Smash Master
doesnt meep loose to like every lucario in mdva? lol

lain did the matchup right, he just didnt finish grabs which **** you over in that matchup.

good stuff hylian.

snake ***** ICs

ally likes to cry when he looses and blames the game doesnt mean a matchup is good for us, open eyes kthnxbi
errr last time i played zucco and junebug i ***** them pretty badly.

Lucarios cry when u dont *** up grabs

i dunno what lain did but if he attacked lucario at all after 30% then hes not doing the mu right. U keep lucario out of his god mode and take advantage of your ability to 0-death. In doing this you have more opportunities to grab him while he has to WORK harder to kill you. The MU is pretty much a TEST on how well you can cg when everything is on the line.

ic vs mk is a lost cause MU. if you have an mk who knows how to fight icies there gonna win regardless (unless they make mistakes). i find it sad there are so many mks who still dont know how to fight us tho.

swordgard

Smash Hero
clearly holy vs swordgard is the apex of ics vs mk and why its in mks advantage
Strawman more, I never said anything even close to this.

TBH I think the reason why we lose to MK is because he has so many different ways to beat us slightly on everything that when he mixes them up it becomes very hard for ics to keep up. Hence why we see ics losing to one MK, then the other beats him but loses to a different one and so on.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
after busy showed me a look at the MU (didn't get to play him yet, but saw him fighting a lucario who had some good exp. in the MU), imo luc v. ICs is probably even.

MK is so nasty, snake is probably even.

and to add onto the peach discussion, from what I saw squall's pretty useful for using against Peach glide toss (unless it's a bob-omb/other lol-worthy pull), blizzard is also pretty useful in crunching her float into a more easier spacing game. I agree with what everyone said, imo ROB > Peach by far against ICs

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yugo, he plays Flapjack's ICs a lot
(he's a meh player, but he knows the basics of the MU)

also I want to play you next GC/LOST. Are you going to either?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah you really can't grab peach at all lol. I just go GW against peach because it's easier. I've learned the rob match-up finally.

Top Bottom