• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
And Chibo's 2-0'd the guy who took 2nd at Apex 2010.
I cant believe people really use that (ono). This is why people think Chibo's better.

...err, wait, I mean Chibo for best in the US!

Also it says something that Tommy can consistently do well in his own region while Chibo generally relies on one time big out of state wins. What good players does he do well against consistently? At best you can maybe say Chibo is the better player, while T0mmy is the better ROB. Anyways, both are good.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I cant believe people really use that (ono). This is why people think Chibo's better.

Also it says something that Tommy can consistently do well in his own region while Chibo generally relies on one time big out of state wins. What good players does he do well against consistently? At best you can maybe say Chibo is the better player, while T0mmy is the better ROB. Anyways, both are good.
Whyyyyyyyyyyy are you posting, after we said we don't care, and that it's ROB?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
why are we talking about who the best ROB is? we should be talking about how our character can beat him lol

Like I said before, stay out of tilt range and attack where his hurtboxes would be if he attacks you. Then as you continuously do this look for the roll because it is gonna happen.

If you force a ROB to the edge of the stage they're either going to roll, grab the ledge, or jump.

oh yeah, and ROB's planking is completely useless and beatable. Most ROB's plank with Gyro and Laser. If you get to close though they jump off of the ledge and instantly f-air you since the hitbox is huge and it's their only option. Since his hurtbox is inside of the hitbox though you can just bait the forward air and then hit or grab his hands. If the ROB player continues the plank even though you're all up in his grill, run off of the stage and punish him.

lain

Smash Master
Alright thats cool then, my bad. You still did very well apex, the point was not to badmouth you. Next time il tell holy to MM you before the tourney or something.

Though in all honesty, like vex said, don't play MMs if your not going to try, its pointless.

edit: Toobusytocare, except for the west coast bias, do you have any tourney evidence of tommy being significantly better? Or are you just a troll?
it's cool :p

but to also be fair, using that common knowledge, holy was using MK, meaning he wasn't trying. i'd rather have played his ROB.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Reading these posts is funny.
Most of you haven't played either me or Chibo; if you haven't played BOTH of us you shouldn't say anything other than video comments (for whatever that's worth). If you've played ONE of us chances are you'll have regional bias. However, there's plenty of East Coast players who can vouch for me.

The oddest thing I kept seeing is that I only do well in my region.
As far as my region goes, we are now considered legit. Felix, Nerd, Jem, Eggz, etc. are getting their long-deserved recognition. These are the players I have to face every month and manage to score some impressive wins. You guys don't even know just how good Eastern Washington is! (Chip, Weruop, Praxis, Itakio, etc.).
Just within my state alone we have Dog Latin (Ness) beating Fiction back in his prime, Tudios (Ike) beating mikeHAZE, and recently Pwneroni (Wario) beating Tearbear. You hardly hear of these players because they only play in Pac NW and until recently only played in Oregon.

You knock my region then you are knocking everyone's region from Cali to Florida (Florida is something like 0-3 with Pac NW).

The other post I feel I need to correct is how Chibo performs better than me in tournaments.
I have placed higher than every R.O.B. at every national I've attended. West Coast events like Genesis, EVO, and recently with the MLGs. This has been consistent for two years now. I can see how one can be ignorant of R.O.B. placings, but to make unfounded claims about placings is trashing two and half years of hard money spent and time spent traveling the country through hot summers and cold winters all one bus or in carpools.
Despite being completely travel-worn (a week on a greyhound with little food/sleep) I still manage to play fairly decently, beat good players, and outplace the rest of the R.O.B.s
Beating jet-lagged Japanese players who are half asleep in pools ain't gonna cut it. Gotta get 1st in pools then wreck your way through bracket as far as you can go against all types of players and characters.
Until one R.O.B. places higher than me THEN one can start making convincing arguments about placings.

And lastly, Lucario is a pain for R.O.B., but not for any of the reasons you guys have stated. If you all knew the matchup all of you would wreck me, I bet. Get to learning the matchup. Phil mentioned this post here otherwise I probably wouldn't have shown up, but if anyone needs advice on how to play against R.O.B. ask me on AiB where I hang out, but I'll try to stop by here and answer any questions or give advice from a R.O.B. point of view.

I'll end by saying: Counterpicking Stages aren't going to help you that much in this matchup. Learning spacing is going to be a much better investment. This means Phil needs to get off his keyboard and come over and play with me, t1mmy, Eggz, Gage, and Viviff. I'll be going back to Eugene tomorrow.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
@t0mmy: but I thought we were meeting later today.

edit: moooooving on.

edit2: Now I know Lucario ***** pikachu as well, but I want a refresher on the MU, I know that the big plus is pikachu's near nonexistant range, but how do you whittle pikachu's % when he's ledge camping?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Reading these posts is funny.
Most of you haven't played either me or Chibo; if you haven't played BOTH of us you shouldn't say anything other than video comments (for whatever that's worth). If you've played ONE of us chances are you'll have regional bias. However, there's plenty of East Coast players who can vouch for me.

The oddest thing I kept seeing is that I only do well in my region.
As far as my region goes, we are now considered legit. Felix, Nerd, Jem, Eggz, etc. are getting their long-deserved recognition. These are the players I have to face every month and manage to score some impressive wins. You guys don't even know just how good Eastern Washington is! (Chip, Weruop, Praxis, Itakio, etc.).
Just within my state alone we have Dog Latin (Ness) beating Fiction back in his prime, Tudios (Ike) beating mikeHAZE, and recently Pwneroni (Wario) beating Tearbear. You hardly hear of these players because they only play in Pac NW and until recently only played in Oregon.

You knock my region then you are knocking everyone's region from Cali to Florida (Florida is something like 0-3 with Pac NW).

The other post I feel I need to correct is how Chibo performs better than me in tournaments.
I have placed higher than every R.O.B. at every national I've attended. West Coast events like Genesis, EVO, and recently with the MLGs. This has been consistent for two years now. I can see how one can be ignorant of R.O.B. placings, but to make unfounded claims about placings is trashing two and half years of hard money spent and time spent traveling the country through hot summers and cold winters all one bus or in carpools.
Despite being completely travel-worn (a week on a greyhound with little food/sleep) I still manage to play fairly decently, beat good players, and outplace the rest of the R.O.B.s
Beating jet-lagged Japanese players who are half asleep in pools ain't gonna cut it. Gotta get 1st in pools then wreck your way through bracket as far as you can go against all types of players and characters.
Until one R.O.B. places higher than me THEN one can start making convincing arguments about placings.

And lastly, Lucario is a pain for R.O.B., but not for any of the reasons you guys have stated. If you all knew the matchup all of you would wreck me, I bet. Get to learning the matchup. Phil mentioned this post here otherwise I probably wouldn't have shown up, but if anyone needs advice on how to play against R.O.B. ask me on AiB where I hang out, but I'll try to stop by here and answer any questions or give advice from a R.O.B. point of view.

I'll end by saying: Counterpicking Stages aren't going to help you that much in this matchup. Learning spacing is going to be a much better investment. This means Phil needs to get off his keyboard and come over and play with me, t1mmy, Eggz, Gage, and Viviff. I'll be going back to Eugene tomorrow.
Wait what?

Ok so your saying your the highest placing rob at nationals chibo didn't go?

EDIT: Holys reasoning to switching to MK was actually
"I lose to MKs, the matchup is at least 6-4 for MK, if i MK dittoed him I would win. May as well main him." Problem, he doesn't know his matchups as MK, for example he lost to chudat 1st game, then went rob and won.

Allied

Smash Master
WHY DO YOU ******* KEEP BRINGING IT UP

MORAL OF THE STORY:

I 1 STOCKED t0mmy first game (wasn't that close)
2nd game he won last hit on frigate (he threw me off the side)
3rd match i SD'd and still brought it back last stock last hit.
t0mmy "i was poisoned by food johns"

First game I LOST TO CHIBO he was supposed to of timed me out not to mention i was confident because i knew how to fight ROB from t0mmy.

crowd "check the ledge grabs"

Chibo has 37 ledge grabs which is a autolose, Off that momentum boost, figuring out how to beat chibo (take the ledge away from him) I almost 2 stock him 2nd game

Interpret it as you f*cking will i am going to say it right now

ROB F*CKING SUCKS
WA/OR IS A WAY WORSE REGION THAN NY/NJ/PA
STOP BRINGING IT UP

As far as i'm concerned you both fill the pot besides t0mmy who wins easy local tournaments besides the one WA one were hes actually legit and beat Jem, Felix, etc.

/Not trying to be mean just stop bringing it up.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
WA/OR IS A WAY WORSE REGION THAN NY/NJ/PA .
Singles Results (148 Entrants, $7,000 in Prizes)
1: Mew2King (MW)- Meta Knight - $2,500
2: LeeMartin (S) - Toon Link/Meta Knight/Lucario - $1,500
3: Felix (WC) - Diddy Kong - $1,000
4: Seibrik (S)- Meta Knight - $700
5: NickRiddle (S) - Zero Suit Samus - $500
6: TyRaNt (WC)- Meta Knight - $350
7: DEHF (WC) - Falco - $250
8: Havok (WC)- Meta Knight/Marth - $200
9: ESAM (S) - Pikachu
10: Kel (MW) - Meta Knight
11: FatalMatt (EC) - Snake
12: NinjaLink (EC) - Diddy Kong/Ice Climbers
O rite I furgot dey iz bad

Smoom77

Smash Master
Why not just more namesearches?

Ally lain atomsk ADHD mew2king m2k player-4 Xyro Trela jerm Mikehaze

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
edit: I didn't close this, idk who did

no, just WA/OR to PA

they are probably about the same but better at different matchups
like i think t0mmy is probably better at MK, D3, and wario and chibo is better vs ICs or something
I can't remember the last time I was at a PA only tourney... 7 months ago? And it was like a mini local, granted I only got 4th. Every tournament I go to is infested with top NJ and NY players, or top MDVA players.
Does he take 1/2/3rd within his state?

On one coin, you've got NY/NJ/PA which is probably better than PNW as a whole
on the same flipside of the same argument, it sounds like he doesn't get past his state (which is kinda meh) let alone his region
but on the other hand, you have the guy who's actually beaten the guy who took 3rd @ MLG, sooo by that logic...
hehe

seriously though, seeing videos from both, I'm going to have to say t0mmy's better. Like the way t0mmy plays is very poke and space oriented, he'll hover super patiently just to get a chip-in, chibo has some good proficiency with his aerials, but he hasn't flattened out some of his habits.
I do a lot better and get more accomplishments OOS. Everyone in PA itself has a lot of ROB practice (both the main crews have a ROB to practice on). We also have Vex, who is more or less a bracket stop for me, and I'm confident he would embarrass Tommy... to put it lightly. The further I am geographically from Philadelphia = the better I do lol.

Look at the playstyles in the following videos:
t0mmy v. Eggz
Stopped watching 2.5 minutes in. Eggz REALLY doesn't know the matchup at all. He hardly kept pressure on Tommy, constantly used the *wait* to Nado combo, and didn't follow ROB off stage. Me vs RAIN showcased a lot more skill from me on this end.

Also yes I did lose to Xzax in that $5 apartment round robin. Not to say I wasn't trying (cause I always do), but I just don't hit the zone most of the time. Not to mention Xzax knows how to fight ROB very very well, as we have been playing each other since the day the game came out, as we were even in the same crew back in the Melee days. Also you didn't show me beating Smurf at that same event, who is better than Xzax lol. It's a shame my latest top MK win wasn't recorded, when I beat Tearbear at MLG.

Who cares who looks flashier?

Going by placings, t0mmy can be better because he wins in an easier region.
Going by accomplishments? t0mmy has Jem, Felix... err... is that it? Chibo has players like Brood, RAIN, Candy, Takeover, Tearbear, and LOTS of others that I don't feel like looking up atm :p.
And then there's stingers.
I wouldn't write off Stingers like that, but I appreciate the support. I do believe the three of us are however the top ROBs easily, and don't matter about the order too much. However everything Stingers has done I more or less have as well, plus more. When he came up to PA for the weekend and we went to Xanadu I beat Omni in bracket and he lost to him. At MLG he beat Tearbear and then I got salty and MM'd him and won lol.

true true, snake is also a good one imo (gotta play a bit differently though, lots of jump lobs lol)
although I still want to see how ICs even this MU out.
I agree with Vex, stick to Lucario and don't try to use ICs or Snake in this matchup.

rob has 0 safe options against ICs.
Dash grab to f/bthrow is lol. Only reason I don't do it too much is because I've tripped doing that 3 times into ICs grabbing me then infiniting me.

I wish I recorded and uploaded every friendly I won -_-

mk is worseeeeeee and i beat him with wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx9wmSGpAEk
^Leaves out the fact that I beat his wolf in a MM even more recent. Good stuff posting videos from 2009. Stop showboating man, and you wonder why I don't like you a lot of times.

While I know what your saying, I do have more wins than just Brood -_-

If you force a ROB to the edge of the stage they're either going to roll, grab the ledge, or jump.

oh yeah, and ROB's planking is completely useless and beatable. Most ROB's plank with Gyro and Laser. If you get to close though they jump off of the ledge and instantly f-air you since the hitbox is huge and it's their only option. Since his hurtbox is inside of the hitbox though you can just bait the forward air and then hit or grab his hands. If the ROB player continues the plank even though you're all up in his grill, run off of the stage and punish him.
This is all more or less false.

Beating jet-lagged Japanese players who are half asleep in pools ain't gonna cut it.
I was hoping you would make a respectable post that I could reply to with *brofist* or something, but no you john for Brood which angers me quite a lot when people do it on the boards. Since because I beat him, something had to have been wrong, right?

Wait what?

Ok so your saying your the highest placing rob at nationals chibo didn't go?
He outplaced me by one place at Genesis and MLG Columbus. However national seeding never gets perfect. MLG is lol random and T0mmy's bracket was easier despite fighting Allied who I lost to at Raleigh (because of rules) and at Genesis I got the pleasure of fighting Larry first round in bracket :(

O rite I furgot dey iz bad
*References ADHD placings at tourneys where he doesn't get DQ'd*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chibo, don't post in closed threads in rooms you don't moderate. I closed this for a short while because it's on the verge of a flame war. I don't care about who you guys think the best rob is, this is the ICE CLIMBERS social thread, take it to the rob boards if you want.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, opening. No more rob talk. If you want to reply to someone then PM them or something or post on the rob boards.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That horrible feeling of knowing your homework is in a locked room....

I left my ICs homework in here this morning and when I came home to get it and rush it back to ICs School, I find this room locked. :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The ****? This is a social broad, as long as we don't start a flame war or troll I don't see the problem.
1. People were very close to flaming.

2. It's on the IC boards, if you want to talk about who the best rob is go to the rob social thread.

3. Having a social thread is something we allowed. I've never been strict on discussion here I don't really care what it's about as long as it's appropriate or about ICs. If it's about another character and the discussion has nothing to do with IC's at all, then you should be discussing it on the rob boards.

4. I make the rules ^_^.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, don't post in closed threads in rooms you don't moderate. I closed this for a short while because it's on the verge of a flame war. I don't care about who you guys think the best rob is, this is the ICE CLIMBERS social thread, take it to the rob boards if you want.
I started replying to it before the thread was closed and then just posted it. I didn't know it was closed until after I made my post.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmm I wonder what would happen if I tried to ban myself...

Top Bottom