• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Just within my state alone we have Dog Latin (Ness) beating Fiction back in his prime, Tudios (Ike) beating mikeHAZE, and recently Pwneroni (Wario) beating Tearbear. You hardly hear of these players because they only play in Pac NW and until recently only played in Oregon.
i think it should be stated that i lost to tudious before i was ever ranked LMAO

RATED

Smash Lord
guys I need help, I been practicing the"hylian" desynch (the dash one) for around 5 days ago, and yet I cant get it all the time consistently, sometimes I have "lucid moments" and get everytning awesome but some moments I start failing all over again, any tips?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Nope. On your own.

Reason I say that is because:
1.) It is a 3-frame timing (iirc)
2.) Need to learn it own your own.
3.) Nobody has really applied it in tourney.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have and gotten grabs off it but very few times and I don't try it too often cause it's risky if you mess up.

RATED

Smash Lord
I have and gotten grabs off it but very few times and I don't try it too often cause it's risky if you mess up.
That's what I really wanted to know a risk vs reward opinion.

I have the cgs almost mastered when it come to lightweights and the others kinda mastered, I have tourney tomorrow and I will use snake/ICs/Wario/DDD , but I'll always go more snake but this time I'lll use morr Ics as a learning factor

Smoom77

Smash Master
I've used it in tourney a while back, but I stopped using it just cause I forgot about it. I've started using it more and gotten grabs.

r3d d09

Smash Master
The more you have in your pocket. The happier you'll be ;) innuendo

But really
Just have a bunch in your hidden pocket. Most of us forget about stuff. Like the nairs, tilts, desyncs etc. But when you remember them. You catch your opponent off guard and are ahead of the game.

I'll type more when I'm actually on a computer

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
so i feel like everything that could have gone wrong did in this match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rJwB0WP_Xs

-________________________________________________________________________________________-

my face is so long it broke

so what did i do wrong beside take 1231231 seconds to desync into tornado?
You pummeled multiple times while chaingrabbing.... why?

Teh Future

Smash Master
didnt mean to lol. obviously theres some technical **** im messing up i dont really care about that bc i have a broken controller and no wii so its gonna happen lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
so i feel like everything that could have gone wrong did in this match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rJwB0WP_Xs

-________________________________________________________________________________________-

my face is so long it broke

so what did i do wrong beside take 1231231 seconds to desync into tornado?
Well, after the first stock you seemed to be frustrated and play more aggressive. Keep slowly advancing, don't dash towards MK unless you have a read. When MK is near or on the edge you should either sit and do nothing(the ice blocks were fine but make sure and stop when you see him getting back on or attempting to because he will see it as an opening and you can punish it better) or desynch into blizzard. The desynchs you were doing were great, you just did ice block instead of blizzard on the edge. Blizzard is MUCH MUCH MUCH safer when you have the positional advantage because they have limited options and have a harder time punishing it. So just do that into blizzard and he will stop getting you with nados quick.

Don't rush the kill also. What I've started doing to keep myself from choking is to just cg them 1 or 2 times before I got for the fthrow-usmash, even if I can just do it right away. This keeps me calm and I don't mess up the kill from choking. Also, be more careful when he is at 0%. You committed too much and got punished for it. You want to play very defensive when he's at 0% and let him take damage from blizzards/uairs. Always only SH the uairs and FF down so he doesn't drop through and nado you. Only jump and uair after he jumps and dairs, never before. You can trade hits with him once he's at higher %'s but at low %'s trading with him usually results in nana dying.

You went about the match-up very well, you just did things at wrong times and choked a little. Pay attention to when your moves are more useful at different parts of the stage. Blizzard near the edge, go for more grabs in the middle. Don't approach so quickly all the time you can just sit back and fire a few IB's every now and then to mix it up and see what he will do, no harm in it. It helps to camp a little just to cool off if you just got comboed or something so you can recollect your composure and not rush into things.

Hope that helped.

Edit: Just watched the first match and almost all your deaths/damage comes from over-committing yourself. Watch it and pay attention to that. You also had him conditioned to nado your desynch approach but 3rd game kept IBing instead of blizzard which would have punished his habit badly.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Nah, you're right future.

But you started choking up, thats all. I liked the usage of squall. At any%, SH Nair is safe against MK's shield on a platform is you space correctly, use it to bait UpB's for punishes.

Sieguest

Smash Master
*Reads convo*
O___________O
I disagree. :3 I have a female IC player on speed dial.
Oh wait, I forgot one of the rules of the internet....
THERE ARE NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET!
PERIOD.

Top Bottom