• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Personal update-

Apologies for not being present on this thread as of late. I have a teaching contract in the northe ast that doesnt expire till the Summer half term holidays (first week of june). So, currently kipping on a sofa at my aunts during the week and going back to birmingham at the weekends. As its coming to the end of me being at this school I have alot of stuff to wrap up for handover.

I wont be online much until then. Come three weeks time expect me online frequently, harassing people to book and given tournament updates.

Until then charles could you keep this thread going and sort out the website etc

x

Tero.

Smash Champion
Confirmed.
I'm coming with Yomi and Usleon and I also need housing for the same days as those two.

[...]
we will arrive in London Stansted Monday Night, and will be leaving the followoing monday, early morning...
can we get housing somewhere, preferably in London?
I want to make this into a kind of England/London trip, which would be even more awesome if we could spend the time at a smashers place
is that possible?
(I'll get into contact with you Kone, to get info about Busses and stuff...)
right now i'm just glad we could still manage to get affordable flights and to not fly alone :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Me and Armada are also booked together with Smasher89. Our bus from London arrives in Birmingham at 16:35 on the 10th.

Do I get a bed for recording? =)

Samochan

Smash Master
Yo, do you think it would be possible to fly from tampere to edinburgh instead and then come to birmingham via buss? Cause that costs only 64€ still while tampere-london is double that and still getting more expensive due to fees. <_<

I hate the fact that people have been buying this week out, so fees have started to kick in while last week before this tourney is without fee add-ons.. *sigh*

J03

Smash Master
hmm just for some perspective London-birmingham is 2-3 hours

Edinburgh to London is 5-6 hours.

its still doable though, ill look into it more if its a viable option for alot of peeps

Tamoo

Smash Master
As far as im aware, there are actually smashers coming down from edinburgh, or from scotland at least, can't remember where exactly. It's probably best to ask either shiftingshadows or fortunecookie on the best way to get down from up in scotland as they do that trip regularly

joe: she only needs to go as far as bham, so probs wouldn't be as long as 5-6hrs

J03

Smash Master
on the coaches its 8-9 hours and approximately £10 each way (if booked in advance) cant say how many euros that is as the current ecomony means its constantly changing =/

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I've gone to Flordia?? For a lot less then that, if you found a decent priced ticket would you consider coming?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
If you can't find cheaper than $1400, you suck.
Edit: NYC-SNY1-NYC = $700 more than you're already paying for APEX.

J03

Smash Master
apex is simpler for americans to travel to, i doubt Kone'll have any problem with them missing this for it.

we are trying to put the emphasis on coming to both but tbh i dont really know how do-able that is. If someone can find the cheapest option and post it hear then we can use that as a standard.

has anyone found an option thats cheaper then $700?

Samochan

Smash Master
Guys, I found something. :o

First, I take flight from tampere to kaunas on 8th day, that's 7€ only hah, then I take flight from kaunas to bristol on day 9, 105 ltl that roughtly translates to 30€ (which is apparently even closer to birmingham than london yay). On my way back, I use easyjet from manchester straight to helsinki for 42,69€ on 15th day. That'll be around 70€ lolz. Add in train costs from oulu to tampere and helsinki to tampere... 29.90 + 33.80 if I take the night train).. about 140€. Then buss and tourney, I'll be needing around 200€ for this trip. :/

Stupid train. >_>

Still gotta think it through, but toward is kinda good to go. I just wish I could get a ride from oulu to tampere/helsinki... that would save heftyload of money.

Easyjet flies only to gatwick and manchester from helsinki... and ryanair to edinburgh and standsted. Blargh. <_<

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Guys, I found something. :o

First, I take flight from tampere to kaunas on 8th day, that's 7€ only hah, then I take flight from kaunas to bristol on day 9, 105 ltl that roughtly translates to 30€ (which is apparently even closer to birmingham than london yay). On my way back, I use easyjet from manchester straight to helsinki for 42,69€ on 15th day. That'll be around 70€ lolz. Add in train costs from oulu to tampere and helsinki to tampere... 29.90 + 33.80 if I take the night train).. about 140€. Then buss and tourney, I'll be needing around 200€ for this trip. :/

Stupid train. >_>

Still gotta think it through, but toward is kinda good to go. I just wish I could get a ride from oulu to tampere/helsinki... that would save heftyload of money.

Easyjet flies only to gatwick and manchester from helsinki... and ryanair to edinburgh and standsted. Blargh. <_<
Book already <_<

J03

Smash Master
TO EVERYONE.

remember that the UK is FULL of smashers who will be attending this event. which means that almost every airport will have smashers living in its city who can help you to the tournament.

i myself live in manchester and it is very easy to get to manchester airport from where i live and its also very easy to get to the tournament from manchester.

i know its a pain to check all the airports but it could save you alot of money.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmmm do the UK residents drink newcastle? prolly not since it's an export, but man i love the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom