• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
at IxxI

u pick up nade first then u push diagonal down on the joystick then do a dtilt.

ok i have a question

1st Q: how is snake on brinstar?

2nd Q: would it be good with TL as a counter?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yes, I was actually planning on doing that tomorrow. After tonight, I have absolutely nothing to do. My school is out, and everyone else is still in. So I will have plenty of time to keep it completely up to date, to update it every week, keep discussion moving, etc. Plus, my wii broke last week, so it's not like I'd have anything better to do. :laugh:

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
i hav a question whenever i do the 1st hit of ftilt it usually sends them flying. is there a certian part of the hit box that actually has KO potential? Im talking about first hit only!!!!

As far as I know, a grounded opponent will not take any knockback, but set up for the next hit of ftilt. And aerial opponent hit by the knee will take knockback, but it's still marginal. A person can survive the first hit of the knee even at 150%

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
versed that mk today for anyone who remembers my last post... one of the best players in aus...

he smacked me first round, i just won the second with a c4, and the third i lost just (he was >150%). ill get some vids up soon and ask for a critique if possible. i need to use nades more, and somehow use them better. but yeah, ill post tomorrow.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Whats grenade walling. I checked the stickes and couldnt find anything on it so could someone either post a link or definition thanks.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
As far as I know, a grounded opponent will not take any knockback, but set up for the next hit of ftilt. And aerial opponent hit by the knee will take knockback, but it's still marginal. A person can survive the first hit of the knee even at 150%
RAWR. You can make an opponent go flying - but you basically have to be inside the character.

Toneh

Smash Lord
This is when you do down-throw with snake and wanna tech chase into another grab.

Is there a list of characters where you have to do the boost grab in order to -> grab them again when they roll away.
I know you have to boost grab another snake, and lucario.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
To do the Rapid Jab, just tap down after everytime you hit A. That's the easiest way. I use it in tournament a lot actually.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I asked earlier about grenade walling but noone answered. Anyways, it turns out the guys who used this term made it up and it had nothing to do with Snake.

Anyways I found something cool with Snake where you make one grenade explode on top of another one to create a wall a little higher than Snake. Its really easy and doesnt require any sort of timing.
Has someone already discovered this or is this well known already. Id like to make a thread with a more detailed thread but I want to make sure its worth it first.

Sorry if were not supposed to do this here (I do it on the Diddy boards when I think I found something new :ohwell:)

IxxI

Smash Fence
I asked earlier about grenade walling but noone answered. Anyways, it turns out the guys who used this term made it up and it had nothing to do with Snake.

Anyways I found something cool with Snake where you make one grenade explode on top of another one to create a wall a little higher than Snake. Its really easy and doesnt require any sort of timing.
Has someone already discovered this or is this well known already. Id like to make a thread with a more detailed thread but I want to make sure its worth it first.

Sorry if were not supposed to do this here (I do it on the Diddy boards when I think I found something new :ohwell:)
It's common sense, but we snake players don't use it very often from what I can see.

Attila_

BRoomer

Panix

Smash Ace
i finally got those vids of me and that mk... please give advice. my first experience and i almost had him. not my best exactly, but i suppose mk can do that to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_v3il5F1Q&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAZB9_HkrQ&feature=channel

i ended up losing to a diddy too, but im not fussed cause i normally beat him.

any advice would be appreciated. except me blowing up a c4 i was standing on. i swear my y button failed O_o
You need to grab alot more, every time he used metaknights tornado you tried to dash attack him almost every time, and the one time you grabbed when he nado'ed you got the grab. tech chase him, and after about 2 throw's wait for the ftilt, a good 40% dmg. you need to cook your nades better, and not always pick them up right when you drop them. you relied on your ftilt to much, when jab-grab is a mega mind game.

you also shielded after every Shuttle loop when you should of clanked with a utilt and then follow up with a ftilt. when he grabs you, DI back so you don't eat a Fair right away. the second match was allll yours. you cypher right away when sometimes it's better to drop lower then cypher and c4 recover so you don't eat a unpunishable shuttle loop.

Attila_

BRoomer
i didnt realise grabs went through the nado... mustve been an accident (like i said, i had no matchup experience at all) :)

does uptilt clank with the glide attack after shuttle loop? i tried it a few times and couldnt get it, and decided not to risk trying something anymore that might not even work.

the 2nd match was mine, only just, but the third i shouldve had. my mine was already on the stage, so i couldnt use it to recover, not with that sort of mk pressure anyway.

im not espc good with grenades cause normally i dont use them. i dislike camping, but accept that i need to use them in this matchup. ill work on them, i suppose.

thanks for the advice.

oh, and here is an example of my doubles play... mk messed with me again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66I1pII-hI8&feature=channel_page

Panix

Smash Ace
i didnt realise grabs went through the nado... mustve been an accident (like i said, i had no matchup experience at all) :)

does uptilt clank with the glide attack after shuttle loop? i tried it a few times and couldnt get it, and decided not to risk trying something anymore that might not even work.

the 2nd match was mine, only just, but the third i shouldve had. my mine was already on the stage, so i couldnt use it to recover, not with that sort of mk pressure anyway.

im not espc good with grenades cause normally i dont use them. i dislike camping, but accept that i need to use them in this matchup. ill work on them, i suppose.

thanks for the advice.

oh, and here is an example of my doubles play... mk messed with me again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66I1pII-hI8&feature=channel_page
grab dosn't go through nado, I mean after he nado'ed and he retreated to get out of your reach, you should run up and boost grab, and start a tech chase.

Toneh

Smash Lord
This is when you do down-throw with snake and wanna tech chase into another grab.

Is there a list of characters where you have to do the boost grab in order to -> grab them again when they roll away.
I know you have to boost grab another snake, and lucario.
any info on that? =)
I think fox/peach/marth might be another 3, not sure.
Dont have a wii to test anything out :[

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Yeah, this has been known for pretty much ever. I use it a lot as mind games, because it basically doubles the range of your first grenade.

Also, this is the right place to post things like this. More people need to follow your example :laugh:

i finally got those vids of me and that mk... please give advice. my first experience and i almost had him. not my best exactly, but i suppose mk can do that to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_v3il5F1Q&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAZB9_HkrQ&feature=channel

i ended up losing to a diddy too, but im not fussed cause i normally beat him.

any advice would be appreciated. except me blowing up a c4 i was standing on. i swear my y button failed O_o
Don't use your up-b when recovering if you're already going to make it on the stage. I saw a couple times where you would have made it on, but then you decided to up-b and you just got a shuttleloop to the face. Instead, just fastfall and try to airdodge through him.

Don't try ftilt to jab. It doesn't work in any matchup and you'll just get punished for it.

Against MK, pull grenades and just lob them up in the air (hold back as you let go) and this takes away so many of MK's options. He can't tornado or fair you, or he'll get a grenade to the face. So this takes away his aerial approach, and then any ground approach he can do can be punished with a ftilt, or a grab if he runs in and shields. His only other real option is to not approach, and then you just pull out another one. This is really snake's best option vs MK.

I'll watch the other vid later.

wangston

Smash Lord
Which way do I DI to get out of snakes nair and dair?????? The both moves are a kick to the crotch when you get hit by all hits.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It depends on what way the snake is going. If the snake is doing a retreating nair, You SDI the hits diagonally up and away from snake. If he's doing a nair while DIing forwards, you want to SDI the hits diagonally up and towards snake.

Dair you just SDI the hits the opposite way snake is moving.

Pretty sure that's right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm always the one hitting, not the one who has to DI the hit, so I could possibly be wrong :laugh:

Edit: wangston, get on MSN messenger, already.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Hey guys, since PsychoMidget doesn't play anymore. Can I take his old tag? It'z pretty sweet.
his tag was a "!"

So can I call dibs on it now?

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
Question: How do we do the subtle nade drop sort of like what toon link does? I was watching some vids and it seems you first shield drop and then pick up the nade. But then once you jump in the air what buttons do you hit?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Since when do you have to call dibs on a tag? I've been using the tag "Ken" pretty much forever now :laugh:
:laugh:

Alright, fine. I'll take it. Its just that I thought people would find it dishonorable to steal an old tag off someone. Oh well, PsychoMidget doesn't play brawl anymore. He won't mind. =D

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
IxxI, the only bad thing about using someone else's tag is that they get you confused with them. Mine was fine, cause Ken pretty much has never played brawl and I never had any melee vids, but it could possibly get annoying/get you flamed if you use some well known tag.

xsephirot- Once you have picked the grenade back up, just push z while you are in the air and he will drop it instead of throwing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom