• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I've seen ICs players play them on RC recently with little negatives, i don't see why pokefloats would be much different.

Basically, i don't see why you would allow corneria and mute city to be on when pokefloats isn't (pokefloats isn't as bad as corneria or mute city)
Cruise has a lot of flat surfaces and they don't have to jump around too much.
Floats has dem *****s jumpin all over the place. That being said.... idc, i'll beat u nubs in 1st and 3rd games regardless.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
pokefloats wasn't banned at SMYM9 or 10...why now?
Fallacy:appeal to tradition
having it allowed in the past is not a reason to continue leaving it, if that's what you're insinuating
All this stage talk is ridiculous. I wish I could have the stagelist that I personally want too, but we all have to compromise, and Andy pretty much said that he doesn't give a **** and he does what he wants because it's his hot body

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Only Durian is technically the host, and while I am certainly playing a part, I will leave the stage decision to him.

That said, Mr. Durian, I think you should go with the stage list we used last time. I'm not very happy with the new MBR list. In fact, I don't even think the MBR list should exist--TOs should do what they like. And I would appreciate it if you gave strong consideration to what I like if you're going to use my tournament series as a name. =)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
MBR exists as an attempt at collecting the community together and creating the fairest possible ruleset. If it is what the whole world is using, if it is what the largest tournament in Melee history used (successfully, might I add), it only makes sense to use it ourselves.

Midwest steady stays behind, perhaps because we waste time playing stupid stages so when we have to clutch matches we have nowhere to take people, maybe this maybe that this stage sucks that stage sucks blah blah vote. Or make people unsatisfied that they werent heard.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Or maybe MBR had really no justification for banning some stages. For example, termina was banned because of an impossible to beat strategy due to the circle. Stages like Mute City and Corneria were banned because they were good for certain characters. While i think in some ways it made it more fair, i don't think they actually had any legitimate justification for a ban (something normally gets banned because it makes the game unfair such as impossible strategies or random/luck based winning)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
A long time ago, there was no official MBR rule set. TOs created their own rules, and a standard emerged (with some regional variations). The good rulesets influenced other TOs, whereas the bad rulesets fell out of use.

The Brawl community is different. They seem to hang on to the every word of the BBR. Let's not be like that. Let's show some backbone and believe in ourselves!

Don't try to blame our skill level on the levels. We all spend most of our practice time on starter stages. Find someone who plays mostly on wacky levels, and yeah, he probably isn't very good.

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
all i have to say is

if they allow brinstar then wtf they might as well add the old ones too lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Brinstar serves a legitimate purpose as a counterpick, being pretty much the only place you can take a spacie and they will feel uncomfortable.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Why counterpick spacies to Brinstar =P? I usually counterpick them to FD if I'm feeling good for that "WHATCHU GONNNNN DEWWWWWWW!?" factor. Nothing says mindgames like beating a Falco on one of his "best stages" >=D

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
A long time ago, there was no official MBR rule set. TOs created their own rules, and a standard emerged (with some regional variations). The good rulesets influenced other TOs, whereas the bad rulesets fell out of use.

The Brawl community is different. They seem to hang on to the every word of the BBR. Let's not be like that. Let's show some backbone and believe in ourselves!

Don't try to blame our skill level on the levels. We all spend most of our practice time on starter stages. Find someone who plays mostly on wacky levels, and yeah, he probably isn't very good.
bumping this cuz i agree.

and, I agree, fox on brinstar sucks. one touch of lava usually = stock gone

Handorin

Smash Hero
Why counterpick spacies to Brinstar =P? I usually counterpick them to FD if I'm feeling good for that "WHATCHU GONNNNN DEWWWWWWW!?" factor. Nothing says mindgames like beating a Falco on one of his "best stages" >=D
[falco main]I like platforms. fd sucks[/falco main]

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
man, puffs are destroying the placings for all the huge tourneys lately, from genesis to ROM 2, so what does MBR do, take away stages that are good for...fox? Because foxes are placing so well that we need to hold them down, cause a fox got 4th at TO5, and another got 5th at rom2, and we all know genesis had 90 percent of the top 24 as foxes.

srsly, if corneria, & GG are taken off, then MC and brinstar should be as well IMHO, but I honestly like all counter pick stages for traditional SMYMs cept MK2 and JJ, but I'm sure if I played them more I would quit *****in and learn to love the knee those stages

I like aob's idea and have some back bone, also, yoshi's is gives advantages to players that aren't me, so if we take that off that would be great ;-)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i agree with samurai with regard to the stage stuff
why screw fox over when really only corneria is gay enough to warrant a ban (imo obviously), but you leave brinstar?
and you take mute city off? yeah peach is godly there but now ppl don't have to ban it against peach so they can take out another one of her good maps, like dl64...that's a huge difference in a set

darkatma

Smash Hero
wait tomacawk, you basically just said why the p4 rules are the fairest.

p4 rules are for tournies based entirely on skill. it helps reduce random factors such as the winner of the first match having a huge advantage, especially if they won on a stage that was random'd on.

that being said, i advocate the full stage list from before as well, because, well, it makes the tourney a lot funner. I personally love jungle japes anyways.

BunBun

Smash Master
I like the idea of a lot of stages (old ruleset) and somehow incorporating stage striking. That would rid us of that LOL YOU RANDOMED DREAMLAND AGAINST PEACH, ****** and that sort of thing.

Preferably bring DK64 over to starter to give us 7 stages for the stage striking.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
you guys are getting way too complicated! smash/stages are so ez

1. Find your guy
2. Find the other guy
3. Have your guy hit the other guy
DONE

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yo btw does anybody know what happened to khepri? I haven't seen or heard from him forever did he quit?

Dart

Smash Lord
ive been reading and this is what ive heard the most

A majority or at least what ive noticed to be a majority agree with the P4 ruleset, but what some want is a hybrid of the original and P4 rulesets.

Stage striking
7 neutrals
CPs...Brinstar looks like its staying, Pokefloats still up in the air even though Trail says he'll manup *i think? it looks that way from what he posted* Rainbow Cruise...

we should have SOME CPs...but we don't need as many CP stages as we do starters...so why don't we go with 7 starters and half as many CPs so 3/4 ish? IMO
Brinstar Cruise Pokefloats.

EDIT: i'll probably edit this if people tell me otherwise but in the end its up to the TO *crosses fingers*

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
as much as i love playing on Japes I think its silly to have it as a tourney legal stage. GG's is not quite on that level, but fox rocks worlds there (Doesnt an upsmash kill at like 70 with no DI?)

i was gonna sum it up here and make my point, but i completely forgot what i was trying to do soooo....Pokefloats 4 Life

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i like what we have on the first post except we need

1. mention of using stage strikes
2. pokemon stadium off of neutral and onto counterpicks for singles
3. add green greens to singles counterpicks?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
green greens
my auto win stage for fox
except that one time when i took sliq there and he went falco and 4 stocked me ROFL

Zicore

Smash Champion
And I would appreciate it if you gave strong consideration to what I like if you're going to use my tournament series as a name. =)
well played, sir

i agree with samurai with regard to the stage stuff
why screw fox over when really only corneria is gay enough to warrant a ban (imo obviously), but you leave brinstar?
and you take mute city off? yeah peach is godly there but now ppl don't have to ban it against peach so they can take out another one of her good maps, like dl64...that's a huge difference in a set
I concur with this, not only cause im a peach main, but have common sense.

i like what we have on the first post except we need

1. mention of using stage strikes
2. pokemon stadium off of neutral and onto counterpicks for singles
3. add green greens to singles counterpicks?
*** ya green greens!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
um... I guess I'm just the man to get bashed with all the stage stuff lol

I mean if AOB wants (which seems like he really wants to) he can run the thing
I really would like to run the tourny the day it does happen

as for the stagelist, I decided to screw all of you (or not) and go with whatever I want

so cry more if you want but it's not changing, I might consult the champaign crew for some advice

at the moment, I am okay with what is up there now

I'm still thinking about just making it the old list we always had at this tourny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom