• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 11 3-13 ~ Need setups, power strips, & extension cords!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef what i mean is we need MBR's new ruleset which is pound 4's ruleset.

Consider your OoS'ers.
Yeah that's what I thought, I agree with you.

It isn't too late BunBun. I highly doubt any of those big names would throw a fit if you use the Pound 4 ruleset. What is far more likely is that they won't come if they look at the maplist after assuming it was MBR...

Let's just take a vote.

BunBun

Smash Master
I meant adding janky stages, not taking away stages.

Sure, we could still do that, but I think it loses some of the MW feel if we go completely over to the coasts version of doing things.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I sorta think adapting pound 4 eventually will happen anyway. With minor differences or whatever.

Like an added stage here and there. Having all the CP stages is gonna create complaints and what not because people will start to see pound 4's ruleset as a template or standard.

Just my view, I think it should be close to the Pound 4 ruleset. I don't think adding a stage here and there is so bad as long as the community is fine with it.

Though for this tourney's sake I'm fine, since I love CP stages. Except Japes I guess, and Green greens if its on. Those stages are dumb.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have minor issues with it but its not a big deal to me. I have my own idealistic rule set I suppose.

But overall I like it, I think most of the stages I would like auto-ban aren't there so yea I'm fine with it :psycho:

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Just a personal opinion but we should probably just make this a Falcon only tourney with all matches being on MK2, my new favorite counterpick that is never allowed at tourneys =(

I miss Princess Peach's Castle too =((((((((((((

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
Sure :D and I really don't like any CP stages now...the small advantages you get playing Pika on them are usually vastly offset by other char's advantages.
we should prolly make it like p-i-k-a and not h-o-r-s-e, cause pika isn't exactly fox when it comes to trixies, but unless you have like loads and loads of tricks under your sleeve

and lol, I would say your mostly right, but who else can send projectiled around the middle wing(Rwing?) of corneria, cmon

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I guess we all hate democracy that could figure this out.

Nobody is going to not come because pokefloats and mute city arent allowed, however alot of players will be less interested if they are. I want to see the Nebraska guys play gamez.

Just make a poll, and everyone who wants to voice their opinion can simply voice their opinion. If you want to keep it how it is, that option will be avaliable. If you want to add more, make that available. If you want Pound 4/MBR, make that the third choice. Most votes wins. Simple yet effective.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
polls are dumb because people who aren't coming to the tourney will vote in it. other tourneys tried it and lots of people voted who didn't even go(see pound 4 poll)
Considered it, easy fix: weed out people who nobody knows and have not been to a past SMYM. If we know them and they were at a past SMYM we can assume with as much certainty as possible that they will go.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Jeepers, I don't see why there's such commotion going on over stages! IMO, just ban janky stages(Japes comes to mind from basically ALL of my past matches on there). I think Pokefloats only should be banned for the fairness for IC players. You pretty much have to ban the stage because Nana is dumb, and then Brinstar can't be banned so you're either risking getting gayed on that stage or switching to a secondary, which IMO shouldn't have to happen =/ Don't get me wrong, I love Pokefloats with all of my heart, but when it causes dumb scenarios like this where a person is basically forced to switch from their main, it should be removed IMO.

However, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with MK2. Anything that may be "gay" about it is completely null because of Birdo.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I've seen ICs players play them on RC recently with little negatives, i don't see why pokefloats would be much different.

Basically, i don't see why you would allow corneria and mute city to be on when pokefloats isn't (pokefloats isn't as bad as corneria or mute city)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I don't like Japes. imo, its definately not a competitive/ tourney oriented stage...too many things that can happen thats gay. And I agree on adding pokefloats cuz u need to learn the stage u can't really take too much advantage off it unless ur peach or puff maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom