• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
what are you talking about kelly

you play so gay against falco (shine out of shield all the time in dittos, chain grab when youre fox)

DONT LIE

Rat

Smash Lord
Can we make this tournament a big deal?

I would like one ticket for the Hype Train.

Rat

Smash Lord
hm.... How can we generate hype for some seriouslies?

Need something on the line.

Ok how about this.

Friendlies, but who ever loses the most friendlies must forfeit a tournament game to the other person.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
If dart actually shows up for this I can't wait for double Dorf to team-turbo-**** fools
1 in 3 chance we go to Yoshi's for first neutral? I'm game, lol counterpick my falco for game 2.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im not sure if i will be extending the new rules to teams. What are people's opinion on this? Should we keep the pound rules for teams (5 neutral strike, RC Brinstar DK64 counterpicks) or follow the same thing as singles (3 stage strike [YS, BF, DL] with other 2 neutrals as CP)? Or maybe something in between such as 3 stage strike with full CPs.

Scythe

Smash Master
not sure if you said so but with the 3 stages list
is the first game random?

ORLY

Smash Master
That's a very small strike! This'll be fun.

Could we perhaps do a $1 low tier event?

:phone:

Dart!

Smash Master
If dart actually shows up for this I can't wait for double Dorf to team-turbo-**** fools
1 in 3 chance we go to Yoshi's for first neutral? I'm game, lol counterpick my falco for game 2.
if you actually show up in time for teams i don't mind honoring the double dorf just this once!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
really? i wouldn't mind going first, but i find those 3 stages are all pretty balanced and dont mind any matchup on any of them.

john!

Smash Hero
well suppose each person has the stages in order from favorite to least favorite.

wayne: dl, bf, ys
garth: bf, dl, ys

they both would strike ys first, but the person striking second would be guaranteed to get their favorite stage. so the second striker has an advantage.

just saying, you should have a rule about flipping a coin or something, because personally i would always wait for my opponent to strike if the match was super serious...

ORLY

Smash Master
I can speak for the Falcons in saying BF and DL are excellent stages for us. I could strike first all day and be fine with it. Characters like Peach would prefer DL over BF, but I assume most of my sets will strike to BF first game. It makes no difference to me.

@Oro: lemme confirm what Josh is doing first. Then possibly! Lol did we go double Falcon on any games except Brinstar?

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ok john, just for you, the rule is RPS best of 1. Winner decides who goes first. I'm just gonna forfeit and let my opponent choose who goes first anyways.

Top Bottom