• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Mars-

Smash Champion
I agree with tink stage striking is stupid this game was more fun when it was random + bans none of that stupid banning after the first match it's stupid underhanded **** when you say where you are going because you forgot to wait for their ban and then they ban that stage. Cruise and dk 64 and brinstar are okay imo if you win the first game then yeah you might get gayed on the second game but then you get to counterpick so you can pick a good stage that you have an advantage on that's why it's called COUNTERpickiing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
limiting the stage list to the most fair stages makes sure that the advantages gained by counterpicks are minimized. If the advantages from counterpicks are too strong you get away from finding the best player and get closer to finding who can win game 1 and CP their way to victory.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
while i think battlefield is almost perfect middle ground of neutral stages, YS DL PS FoD and FD are all perfectly acceptable stages for even ground fighting.

Rat

Smash Lord
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Rat. ;)
Wow good point. The current stages are lovely in symmetry, form, and proportion. Yet like you said, some might find one stage beautiful and another might find it full of warts.
Like DK64. I hate her because I want a woman with an ***; yet you might love her giant boobs. Preference isn't criminal. What you can pay her to do is.

She's a *****, is that a problem?
No, most stages are *****s. The current culprits do extra crazy stuff.
Rainbox Crux won't sleep with children and only likes certain positions. Some characters can't bend that way!
Nofair has STDs. Yes some characters can float above it, but most characters just have to get down.
DK63 sleeps with woodland animals. (Fox camp)

While beautiful, these stages ***** themselves in unholy ways. Burn the witches.

Rat

Smash Lord
I am 100% about it. Getting all the hacked Wii's is the problem.

@Duck
Bracket:
Tink 1-2 (Marth Battlefield, Shiek on dk64)
Deku 0-2 (Shiek battlefield/FoD)
Pools:
LE 0-2 (Battlefield, Yoshi's)
Scythe 0-2 (Mario vs Link, FoD/Battlefield)
-I'm still salty about that one.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Yo, nice tournament as usual. Bit salty about my pool (LE, Scythe, Rat + top 4 make it out = death pool) but no johnz.

Shout outs:

1: Kels - Good ****, as is usual
2: Little England - GGs in pools. Always fun to get ***** lol. Tell George to stop being a scrub and come to these.
3: Tink - Good seeing you, as usual. Nice 'car rides'. Sorry about your set vs LE. Will hit you up soon.
5: Scythe - GGs during pools.
5: Rat - I really should start playing Sheik again. For the little I play her now, I was surprised how well she did. You're gonna get *****d next time dude, as GOD doesn't like Robots without souls. GGs.
7: Vro - Good seeing you man, enjoyed the 'car rides'
13: Over9000 - Had fun getting ***** in pools. GGs
17: Kochiha - Scrub. Can't even play Koopa. Go to the mountains, and train with Bruno.
17: Hore - Scrub. King of Koopas.
21: Roman - GGs during pools. Should get together and play soon.
25: tweakin - GGs during pools. Should get together and play soon.

Friendlies:

Cunning - Man, those team matches were ****. To good man.
McSnapple/Emperor of Koopas - You ain't got **** on the King. Your Republic will never happen.

Rat

Smash Lord
Scythe - Rat be losing it
Juggleguy - Rat has gone insane
Sveet - Repost
Sveet said:
...the [straight]jacket might be rats
The stars shine brightest in space.

Sveet quoted himself. For irony, I award him +10 points. Everyone else gets +2 Points and a reroll.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Shoutouts! :awesome:

1: Kels: Every time I play you I'm impressed..buuuuut you still get lucky. XD (johns) GGs
2: Little England: :)
3: Tink: That first set was NOOOT legit. Especially when you missed that stupid edgeguard, buuut you did get lucky with that phantom bair that would've killed you. Second set was legit though. GGs.
4: Deku: I wanted to play you in tournament. You always beat me, so I wanted some experience and I wanted to learn from you. Ehh...next time I guess.
5: Scythe: Fun to chill/play with you. hehe you should come to an SSBO! GGs in pools too.
5: Rat: I always have close sets with you and they're always really fun! hah Yoshi's story just seems like a flip of the coin to me. Always nice seeing you at tournaments! Your set with Deku was super close too! I was pulling for you!
7: Vro: Long time no see! What's up with that?? lol Hopefully you'll come down for an SSBO!
7: Bzoo: My Ganon is the coolest. ****in ****! loooool Nice to see you man! Your Falcon is really good too! Keep on improving. You made A LOT of progress.
9: Captain of the mother ****ing ship: ehhhhh....who?
9: Sago: GGs in pools. I was pretty impressed by your play overall. Who do you main? Keep on playing dude. You're solid.
9: Meow2King:....um >_>
9: Jimmy Kudo: Chris! It's always close when I play you. lol ALWAYS. You're definitely not bad against Falco and you have <3. You're a natural talent, so keep it up! :D
13: Lance: I failed you in teams. :urg:
13: Arty: Who were you?
13: Looshkin: Nice to see you again. Have I ever played you? lol
13: Over9000: How new are you, cause you're pretty good for a new guy. lol Really fun games in pools. I was impressed. lol Were you the one people said was from EC?
17: Kochiha:-
17: Hore: GGs :D
17: DLA:-
17: GEM:-
21: Hindawg:-
21: Roman: You read my guide! That's awesome. I was really happy to hear that man. Kinda one of the highlights of this tournament for me. haha I hope it can help you/has helped you. Feel free to tell me what you thought of it. GGs in pools too. Those were some fun games. XD
21: Zwarm:-
21: DJ: I didn't see any of your games dude. Who'd you win/lose to?
25: Muffin-
25: tweakin: GGs in pools :)

Roy: Thanks for the practice the night before! That Howells Boys training is super-effective! It was fun chillin at your place. We gotta do it again. Maybe I'll take you up on one of those beers next time. haha Maybe :D
Anthony: (CROC USED FLAME!) Fuuun times this weekend. Getting rolled by White Castle and then Taco Bell + Super Metroid + a full course Italian meal!? raaape. haha. Sucks you won't be able to make it down next weekend. I might be around for the next SG in May before I head back to Cali. Perhaps we should team. Would definitely be a fun time.

ORLY

Smash Master
Have these every two weeks; once a month is not enough.

If it's a matter of your availability to host them, we'll have Chris editions in-between.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am the captain of the mother ****ing ship. Nobody else can take my title.

Also, feel free to host an edition of this between now and may. Thats what tink and drew did. I have always hosted these as monthly tournaments.

deeznotz

Smash Cadet
ggs everyone

Kels thanks for the friendlies
Tink good sessions
vro thanks for housing and ggs
sveet ggs
LE good **** on taking second
Nick it was fun teaming
Rat we didn't play :(

Scythe

Smash Master
just pointing out to chris that there's a melee tourney in Purdue next week and one in Madison WI on the 16th

sanchaz

Smash Lord
just pointing out to chris that there's a melee tourney in Purdue next week and one in Madison WI on the 16th
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300709, again chicago, we are trying to hold monthlies just like you guys, plus trying to get people such as chexr and others from minnesota.

Eventrually, I'm looking at holding mvc3 tourneys as well, smash 64 (maybe), and trying to set up other tourneys to have a respectable venue where our goal is to have the majority of the midwest to come to tourneys in wisconsin.

any questions please ask!

ORLY

Smash Master
Lol or just adopt the name Meow2King.

Personally, I like it better than the one you've got now but it's up to you!

Top Bottom