• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to bag on you guys...

But this might be a reason why there aren't many tourneys or players in the region; seems like we're making such a big deal about holding two tourneys on the same day.

Why not hold it on the same day, even if 5 of us were gonna drive there, no reason to change the date for it, the rest of the 20+ people might be anticipating it.

What I'm trying to say is why not hold 2 tourneys on the same day? For some people one might be closer than the other, and some people might not want to drive so far. I think it'd benefit both regions.

Kels88

Smash Lord
Anyone who's seriously interested in going to Pound V plz PM me. I made a thread in the MW forums for it. If i can get about 5 people it'll be around 100 dollars there and back.

ORLY

Smash Master
When I saw the latest post was by Kels, I assumed it was a "I will be going all ______ this tournament. No Fox or Falco."

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
snpr, its different these days, but a few years ago mw tournaments would be like 1/4 local and 3/4 came from more than 2 hours away

so 2 tourneys on the same day within 4-5 hours that could both get 30 people seems foolish compared to having 2 tourneys on 2 different days that could have 50 people each

but not enough people travel anymore, so it doesnt matter as much as it used to

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't mean to bag on you guys...

But this might be a reason why there aren't many tourneys or players in the region; seems like we're making such a big deal about holding two tourneys on the same day.

Why not hold it on the same day, even if 5 of us were gonna drive there, no reason to change the date for it, the rest of the 20+ people might be anticipating it.

What I'm trying to say is why not hold 2 tourneys on the same day? For some people one might be closer than the other, and some people might not want to drive so far. I think it'd benefit both regions.
What BigD said. Also, I brought it up because I want to encourage traveling which is something I think the MW has problems with.

Anyone who's seriously interested in going to Pound V plz PM me. I made a thread in the MW forums for it. If i can get about 5 people it'll be around 100 dollars there and back.
I may or may not be interested, though I think travel expenses should be a bit less if split 5 ways (@20MPG, 700 miles each way, Gas @ 3.20; Total cost $224, Split 5 ways ~$45 per person)

Tink

Smash Hero
yo is there anyway i can charge a 2 dollar door fee unless you bring a setup for the 5th sveet? last bigd/tink event ppl did nottt represent with setups like we needed(tho we champed through and got it done).

also sveet is quite correct on that gas costs...just looked it up on mapquest as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From my experience, people don't like the door fee, but it does produce results. I just try to make a bunch of posts with bolds and huge fonts and sometimes threats that I hope I dont have to follow through on.
The Webster Hype Style

But its your tourney, your rules. If you want me to change the event details, let me know.

Tink

Smash Hero
i mean, ill give it another try, and see if ppl bring a bunch....ur event there was plennnnty....but fool me three damn times and ima kill someone -_-.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
pound 3 was 3 years ago, in 2008. It was the last national tournament before brawl was released. Mango won in grand finals against M2K and was his first win on a national level. I actually registered and payed for this tourney but didn't end up going.

pound 5, on the other hand, is happening next month. You can split a hotel room 4 ways, but it costs something like $115/night. If it were me, i'd drive friday, stay there friday night, tourney runs sat sun & mon (so thats 2 more nights) then also stay monday night and drive home tuesday. That would be 4 nights, split 4 ways means that each person basically pays for 1 night.

Plank has stated a bunch of times he will be cracking down on people trying to cram into rooms and will have people checking in on all the smashers. If caught, he will kick you out of the hotel. Personally, i wouldn't risk it.

so between hotel and travel, thats ~$160. The venue fee and entry fee for the tourney is like another $50 (not sure on this number). Add in food (~$20/day) and your budget should be around $300.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
LOL did I really write pound 3?! Wow I'm so far behind, I quit smash right before pound 3 so I guess that's where that came from, cause I remember planning to go to it.

Anyways when next month is pound 5? Like the exact date. Also, 300 sounds really expensive

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah its coming up quick. I dont think i have the money to go, especially because i want to go to MI on 3/19 and to SMYM (priority in that order)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
genesis2 is my goal, but its going to be significantly more expensive. I might wait til RoM4 to make my national debut

LSDX

Wah!
Oh, we moved the tourney date down to the 5th? Meh, I'll still show.

Edit: Yo Loosh, $2 Ganon ditto MM. I'm steppin' it up!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
LOOOOOL, just for the record MI thought of it first =P

P.S. I wouldn't recommend using tio to show bracket progress under my format, at least not for loser's. Let me know if you need a blank bracket .PSD file to work with, all you need is Photoshop and you're good to go.

Top Bottom