• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

darkatma

Smash Hero

if I bought these amtrak tickets to union station, chicago, would anyone be willing to house me for 2 nights, pick me up from da station, and send me back to da station early sunday morning?

I would need a teammate too

I promise lots of smash! luls
This is just a maybe for now lol, if michigan didn't have a tourney on the same day i'd be sold

Tink

Smash Hero
binyan, i believe vro lives by union station, but its a little walk :/...and he doesnt have a car afaik :/.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if u took a train to the suburbs i can house you. You would want to get on the BNCS line to the route 59 station

last i checked its 4 or 5 dollars each way

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Binyan you should go. Also, I've been strongly considering taking trains to chicago tournaments. We could be train buddies and it would make the ride a lot more bairable

darkatma

Smash Hero
too bad my train probably wouldn't pass through edwardsville
you should check though, just go west to whichever city is closest lol

if you went this week i'd for sure go
train rides are way more comfortable than car rides

also @ sveet: 4-5 bucks x2 is too much =[ plus MORE sitting time would be balls

Waynee how far is vro from the station?
when you say far do you mean like, an hour walk?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
according to vro it's a 15 minute walk (i asked him about this yesterday)
the train goes to alton (20 minutes from edwardsville)
I don't think I'm going this weekend....maybe I will?
I just need $ :(

Tomacawk

Smash Master
no way I can afford to go booking this close to saturday
as long as we coordinate well in advance (and tournaments are dated well in advance) I should be able to go with little problem

Dart!

Smash Master
Binbin teams? I told leo i would team with him cause i didnt have a partner but im sure he wont mind. Btw if you need picked up from the station or something i can pick you up, depending on if i get free parki g outside carys friday/cary lets me stay friday night.

If cary cant house maybe the powerful rat will allow me sanctum? P.s nick is your sister single yet? ;)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Binbin teams? I told leo i would team with him cause i didnt have a partner but im sure he wont mind. Btw if you need picked up from the station or something i can pick you up, depending on if i get free parki g outside carys friday/cary lets me stay friday night.

If cary cant house maybe the powerful rat will allow me sanctum? P.s nick is your sister single yet? ;)
yeah i'd definitely team if i end up going
i'll let you know by thursday if i'm confirmed

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
You should charge a door fee for people without setups, only about 1 in every 5 people brought one last time and that number is ridiculous. There is a huge difference between " I CANT bring one " and " I'm too LAZY to bring one. "

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ we had around 15 setups with 44 singles entrants last time. Thats a 3 player/tv ratio which is ideal for a tournament. I don't see the need for a door fee.

Dart!

Smash Master
I believe hindawg is talking about the last one ran by tink. Anyone want to mm? Yall get scared after the tourney when i ask so im asking now.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I believe hindawg is talking about the last one ran by tink. Anyone want to mm? Yall get scared after the tourney when i ask so im asking now.
why don't you money match m2k, and uw madison has class canceled here to

LSDX

Wah!
The snow is falling horizontally here, I'm enamored. I'll still show, even if I do spin off the road in a 720º fashion.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
last one me and tink ran had 6 setups and 1 laggy one im pretty sure

last one sveet ran had 13 almost definitely, maybe 14 after we scrounged up one more

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
At SGNG4 we had 14 running for most of the time and i know there were one or two people i told we didnt have space for their setup. People did an excellent job bringing setups.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
yea everything is plowed for the most part. this was a pretty insane storm. i guess this is what i get for moving here from cali

Tink

Smash Hero
theres noone thats all THAT close to union station, but kels/rat are about 30 min drive from it, so they might be able to, if they can ride out there....ask one of them.

and vro not going this weekend, lameeeeee!

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
just do an extra 5 bucks and come to roselle station. i can pick you up from there.. it'd be only a 30-40 min extra ride on the train

EDIT: i think i know you from before atma.. were you norcal? before zhu became popular? i remember you telling me about him and playing him a lot and saying he has a lot of potential, then he started beating SS and became popular. do you remember me? sniper? socal's most technical fox? xD

EDIT 2: oh you might be better off going to sveet's since he's probably closer to CoD

Top Bottom