• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
meneks stop acting like youre better than everyone because youre not willing to travel more than 15 minutes

and you should have capitalized either IN or CHICAGO if you really wanted to make your point

oro is anybody gonna play melee at that? looks pretty brawl heavy

Meneks

Smash Lord
meneks stop acting like youre better than everyone because youre not willing to travel more than 15 minutes

and you should have capitalized either IN or CHICAGO if you really wanted to make your point

How am I acting like i'm better than everyone because i'm not willing to travel more than 15 minutes.. Wait what?

And i'm going to tell you this since you obviously don't know but, Cyko actually lives about an hour and a half away from me (I live on the north, he lives on the southside OOOO WEEE an hour and a half.. Yeah I know thats nothing compared anyone elses 1000+ hours of time taken to travel to play smash. And no i'm not saying thats a bad thing.)

Btw I realized that I shouldve capatalized "IN" after I posted, but thanks for pointing that out anyway..

I didn't think my post was THAT serious that it was necessary for anyone to say something about it but um okay...

Dart!

Smash Master

How am I acting like i'm better than everyone because i'm not willing to travel more than 15 minutes.. Wait what?

And i'm going to tell you this since you obviously don't know but, Cyko actually lives about an hour and a half away from me (I live on the north, he lives on the southside OOOO WEEE an hour and a half.. Yeah I know thats nothing compared anyone elses 1000+ hours of time taken to travel to play smash. And no i'm not saying thats a bad thing.)

Btw I realized that I shouldve capatalized "IN" after I posted, but thanks for pointing that out anyway..

I didn't think my post was THAT serious that it was necessary for anyone to say something about it but um okay...
here we go....*grabs popcorn*

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im not trying to start a fight, its just i see you doing it here and the last time i remember you posting it was you whining about how scsyn3 was in oak lawn and not chicago, despite the fact that its like 1 mile outside of chicago. you were pretty pissed about that despite it being like the smallest deal ever and it was still a pretty decent sized tournament, and you didnt go to it

it started to seem like all you talk about is how people shouldnt say "chicago" unless they live in the city, because youre not willing to go outside of it, even though prospect heights is probably closer to you on the northside than cykofox on the southside is

and nothing within chicago city limits is an hour and a half from something else in chicago city limits; barrington (40 minutes northwest of chicago) is an hour and a half from hammond indiana (25-30 minutes southeast of chicago). unless youre talking public transportation time, then i have no idea how long it takes

Meneks

Smash Lord
The reason it takes me about an hour and a half is because of public transportation, so that answers that..

Yeah I remember those posts about scsyn3 lol I don't think I was pissed but I did say a lot of stuff about it so I could understand why you or other people probably thought I was pissed..

Regardless oaklawn wasn't in chicago and still isn't no matter if its 1 mile or 5 blocks but PLEASE lets not bring up old news lol..

But anyway I still don't see how I think i'm better than everyone because "i'm not willing to travel" which really isn't true to be honest.

on another note..

Lets moneymatch my falco vs your falcon at the next tourney thats 15 minutes away from me

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you seem not willing to travel because you disregard stuff outside of the chicago city limits and treat it like its misleading and unfair to you as a resident of chicago, while forgetting that some people are coming from places like appleton, WI or lafayette, IN and probably wont click on a tournament that says "oak lawn" because they have no idea where that is but know that they'd be willing to go to a chicago tournament. you, on the other hand, know that chicago is very large and shouldnt be surprised if you click a chicago tournament and find out it will take you an hour and a half to get there on public transportation

its the chicago metropolitan area, it counts

anyway, the point of my post wasnt that you arent willing to travel, its that you should treat stuff right next to chicago equally to stuff in chicago, but instead you just act like stuff 5 minutes outside of chicago might as well be in iowa. for example, are you going to this tournament (smashing grounds, discussion hasnt been on the tourney itself in this thread so i thought i'd bring it back up)? if not, my point exactly

im done, who wants to team for this?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Quaz r u gonna be at kirks too?

From who i specifically know is coming (melee players): myself, oro, chris, looshkin. Chris will probably bring Al and/or Jeff. I know there are a few brawl players that are learning melee (Norm, Zwarm, DLA, ect) and they will be there too. There is always a low$$ tournament, this time it is going to be brawl random teams. You dont have to enter, but its usually a good time and its a fun way to get to know the people. Also, we always have melee crews :)

I'm not sure if this kirks will have it, but previous ones have been mostly Brawl- and/or Brawl+ upstairs with Melee in the basement (kirk's house is huge). Oro told me he will be bringing Project: Melee and a new project dubbed "S4" which looks similar to P:M from what I saw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV82h1IRqNM)

Kirk's makes me appreciate the chicago brawl community and is one of the reasons i wanted to have brawl at these tournaments. Speaking of which, i believe i missed the deadline on the club formation for this semester and with my plans to transfer for next semester it is unlikely that i will probably not be doing it. If i continue to host tournaments at CoD, it is unlikely that I will have brawl, because of that though.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Don't forget about Scythe playing Melee!

Tbh though, nowadays Brawl is like the least played game at these recently. There has been more Blazblue at the last 2, and Melee has been consistent there since forever.

Meneks

Smash Lord
If you don't like going off topic then don't bring up old posts that have NOTHING to do with this tournament especially posts on a totally different tournament thread.. And once again I still don't see how that makes me think im "better" than everyone else because but I guess i'll never know..
ANYWAY.. Who within the actual city of chicago is driving to this and wants to carpool?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
let it go Omar, you've got bigger things ahead of you
like the comeback you're making...I've seen the youtube account and smashboards account pick up activity lately
I know your plans

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Kels, due to public outcry you are banned from all midwest tournaments on 11/20. You MUST go to ROM3.

Dart!

Smash Master
can you take a train to peoria? i'ma see how much room we have in my car but you're welcome to ride with us if you can get to my place XP

EDIT: or a bus...whatever gets you to peoria or close to it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
man i wanna go to this, but i am rideless, as usual :p
I would have been willing to drive to this. Unfortunately, I work and it's blackout dates so if I don't go I get fired ><
If you can get to Alton, you can take a train to union station and I'm sure some chicago folk will give you a ride. There is a bus that goes from STL to Alton, I think. Maybe it goes from STL to Edwardsville?
Anyway, if you can get to Edwardsville, you can bus to Alton, and if you can get to Alton, then you're at an Amtrak station.
The bus costs a dollar each way when you go from the station in E-ville to SIUE, so I imagine it's the same price for everything else??

Top Bottom