• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Tomacawk

Smash Master
@ luke: we have an amtrak station right here lol

if there were a tourney on the 27th somewhere i'd definitely go
lol owned
take it to union station! daniel can come too, yall can keep each other company.
I've come to realize I am not attending another tournament for the entire year because of severe work johns
feels bad man

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'll be making my official Melee debut at this tournament (I'm PR'd in Brawl if anyone hasn't met me)... anyone taking 290/355 (or driving through roselle/schaumburg etc) that would be able to pick me up on their way? I'll pitch in for gas etc

Dart!

Smash Master
I'll be making my official Melee debut at this tournament (I'm PR'd in Brawl if anyone hasn't met me)... anyone taking 290/355 (or driving through roselle/schaumburg etc) that would be able to pick me up on their way? I'll pitch in for gas etc
i take 355...i've met you dozens of times, you play ganon and whoop my *** when i actually dabbble in barlw XD

Dart!

Smash Master
well thats not bad then, some people from my car might need to ride with you guys to the venue from joes then...so i'll have room to get him.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol i'm also coming to this tournament... i'm really getting into melee. I'm finding it a whole lot more fun than brawl. though i'm not PR'd in brawl i used to until i quit and never really totally got back into the swing of brawl. couldn't figure out which char i really want to stick with and such.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
What do you guys think of a circuit type deal for these tournaments? I could take 10-15% out of the pot or charge venue fee (god forbid) for each monthly then calculate points and at the end of the school year (cause thats the schedule these tournaments follow, if you didnt notice) there will be a final tournament and dividing out the cash for the top points people and stuff.

Or instead of collecting money i could just use the points and give the top 4 direct seeding into bracket.

Or both, i guess....

edit- omg broke 6k posts and didnt notice.... **** i spam up the boards XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I only got around 300 extra posts. :(

I might be coming to this, not to enter or anything because I suck, but to watch and play friendlies and junk. Need to improve my Peach somehow.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I only got like 100, if that.

And you should enter zwarm! Tournament experience >>>> friendly experience

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
the circuit will only cause a delay to kels' cash flow stream...he will be getting the money regardless of how you do it lool

you're just stopping him from getting it sooner and putting it in his 401k

Tomacawk

Smash Master
the circuit will only cause a delay to kels' cash flow stream...he will be getting the money regardless of how you do it lool

you're just stopping him from getting it sooner and putting it in his 401k
ROFL
Don't be hatin on kels' smash retirement plan
LOL
If Kels was smart he would set up a Roth IRA for his smash retirement plan.
HAHAHAHAHA
excellent posts guys
kelly I will beat you dammit

Oro?!

Smash Hero
See if anyone from Chicago could pick you up. It's easily doable if you can take some public transportation to help out your driver.

Hype for this weekend! Is Kels still banned?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
this sounds really cool before thanxgiving. If mundungu is going to this, I like to tag along and smash as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Really wish I could go to this. Not having a car sucks.
See if anyone from Chicago could pick you up. It's easily doable if you can take some public transportation to help out your driver.
I'm not sure about the train stations around you, but if you can take the metra Union Pacific West Line to geneva, west chicago or glen ellyn, we can get you picked up easily.

The metra BNSF rail goes pretty close to my house too. Route 59 station is the stop.

Hype for this weekend! Is Kels still banned?
I still want him to go to more nationals, but banning him was a joke.

Dart!

Smash Master
Now that tournaments have been moved away from the regional threads i'm going to be posting alot less...i might even miss a few tournies here or there. new design is ********

pretty excited for this. most of the crew will be attending

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about the train stations around you, but if you can take the metra Union Pacific West Line to geneva, west chicago or glen ellyn, we can get you picked up easily.

The metra BNSF rail goes pretty close to my house too. Route 59 station is the stop.
Yeah I can get to the geneva station, my only concern with the metra is that the last lines going out usually end pretty early, last one going out is like 10:30 so I'd need to head out even earlier to be able to get the connecting line, missing a good amount of singles.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm sure you can get a place a to spend the night if you don't mind that. Since I am in Geneva, I can get you rides to and from the station. Pretty sure Sveet could house you too.

Top Bottom