• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
We'll do what we can, though do not expect something brand new, as we don't have permissions to upload a new skin (though it seems Azua can mess with existing ones). And don't expect to see a new skin any time soon, as i don't believe there are plans to make any.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why are some places heavily modded, and others aren't? (Actually meaning on how fast Mods react to a Report.)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm guessing you mean General Brawl Discussion?

If that's the case, with the exception of SamuraiPanda (who mods five boards anyway), the rest are smods and admin. Given that GBD is high-traffic area with a lot of posts, I can imagine that even with five mods, things can get pretty bananas in there. Also, keep in mind, that these people may have different timezones, jobs, school, or you know, stuff in general.

Plus, it may not always be clear to the user who submitted the report whether or not the mod has taken the necessary actions regarding whatever has been reported.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I actually meant the entire "Brawl" Sub-Forum as a whole, but ok, thanks.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Ah, okay.

From what I've seen of the Brawl boards, most are heavily modded. I can't think of any that require more mods off the top of my head, though I could be wrong.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Perhaps it's your browser settings?
But I did nothing with my browser settings...

dubz post but idc lulz

I just noticed it's only with my account. When I log out, I can see all images fine. Is there some sort of setting that disables images on user CP?

EDIT: nevermind

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Thats not the whole melee back room. They just archived some of the older stuff from there

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Thats not the whole melee back room. They just archived some of the older stuff from there
Ah, that makes sense then. Thanks
My other question is that I heard somewhere that there was an option to subscribe to every thread one replies to, but I can't find it in my User CP. Does it exist?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
i'm thinking of getting premium but i'm not sure if whoever does the name changes will allow me to change my name to something that contains japanese characters.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
SSB64 needs their own section. Kind of ridiculous to think that smashboards was created because of ssb64 and now it's been stuffed in some section at the bottom of the website with pokemon and mario while Melee and Brawl have their own huge sections.

The ssb64 community feels used.

SMASHBOARDS (MAIN PAGE)

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Brawl section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Melee section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff
General Gaming
SSB64 <-------------------------------- wut
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario
stuff
stuff

That's basically what the ssb64 community sees.

The Star King

Smash Hero
SSB64 needs their own section. Kind of ridiculous to think that smashboards was created because of ssb64 and now it's been stuffed in some section at the bottom of the website with pokemon and mario while Melee and Brawl have their own huge sections.

SMASHBOARDS (MAIN PAGE)

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Brawl section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Melee section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff
General Gaming
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario
stuff
stuff

Yeah, seriously. The point of Smashboards is to be a Smash forum, so I don't see why the Smash game that started it all is being shunted aside with a bunch of other random franchises. There's nothing to be lost from giving Smash64 its own section.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was about to come ask why SWF was being so slow, but then it randomly sped up again so im okay :D

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm 100% with SheerMadness and the rest of the SSB64 community. Smash 64 is one of the three Super Smash games and it deserves its own section.

Battlecow

Play to Win
100% agreeing with Sheer here. We've been getting responses of "We'll see what we can do" forever now; some of us tried going over to different forums but that failed miserably. It's not an issue of number of players (although 64 is more popular now than ever before due to our 1337sauce online scene), it's an issue of respect. We're every bit as much of a Smash game as Melee or Brawl, and we don't belong with Pokémon over in the "General Gaming" forum.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I agree with Sheer too. It's laughable that a board supposedly dedicated to Smash gives the game that started it all a tiny corner in the middle of nowhere at the bottom of the board. But now that MLG owns Smashboards, they probably don't care since SSB64 doesn't earn them any money which is, of course, the only thing that matters.

What a shame.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

SMASHBOARDS (MAIN PAGE)

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Brawl section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Melee section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff
General Gaming
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario
stuff
stuff

100% agree. I think it should look like this:

SMASHBOARDS (MAIN PAGE)

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Brawl section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB Melee section
---------------------

stuff
stuff
stuff

---------------------
SSB64
---------------------

SSB64 FORUM
COMPETITIVE EVENTS

General Gaming
Pokemon
Zelda
Mario
stuff
stuff

even if it is just two forums, it still deserves its own section.

To briefly counter the argument that "Melee and Brawl have bigger competive scenes" - You know what has an even bigger scene than both Melee and Brawl combined? Starcraft.
Why doesn't Starcraft have it's own section then huh? Oh yeah - BECAUSE THIS IS A SMASH WEBSITE. It's ridiculous that a SMASH GAME doesn't have its own section (even if it would just be two forums within the section).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Is it really that hard to split the smash 64 section into its own part on the home page?

Unless it's laboriously difficult and would take days of work to do, not giving smash 64 its own section is mildly insulting. The game has 'smash' in it you know, it's far more relevant to the franchise than Mario or Pokemon, and grouping it with those games on a site called 'smashboards' is really quite inappropriate. Look at allisbrawl, despite the 64 community that visits that site being about 1/10th of the community here, it has its own section for 64.

Olikus

Smash Champion
We demand respect! 64 started it all, and a lot of players play it. Just because more 5 year old kids play brawl, we shall not have our own section? Set us free from general gaming jail asap! It is embarrassing to call this a smashwebsite, when you have 64 in the same area as mario and pokemon. Just be logic and fair.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Guys, I sympathize with you, I really do. I know the staff is aware of your request, though i do not know of their stance on it. Hopefuly someone will come in soon and address the issue.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I have my account set to "remember me", so when I try to log out, it just erases my cookies, nothing else.

How do I fix this?

Top Bottom