• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Stop it, please. Both of you.

Don't make me turn this thread around. :mad:

edit: I'm not trying to discourage asking questions or giving suggestions, but seriously.

Jungle has submitted your suggestion, Dark Horse. Let's see how it goes from here. :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

it's up to you
What's your suggestion then
;)

Show me an example.
They've all been banned already. Needless to say, they can bypass what we throw at them.

Stop it, please. Both of you.

Don't make me turn this thread around. :mad:

edit: I'm not trying to discourage asking questions or giving suggestions, but seriously.

Jungle has submitted your suggestion, Dark Horse. Let's see how it goes from here. :)
Gotcha :o
Would be pretty cool if we got a Cache up, but would that be a load to MLG? If not, i'm for it.

Edit: @Jungle: Yes. I'm not buying ;___;

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The only problem that I can see is that it might mean another large update. More 502s, more maintenance.

Anyway, the request has been submitted, so all we can do is wait and see. ;)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If I change my Smash Bash title, will I still have it? Or will I not be able to retrieve it anymore?
It's still there, it's just not classified as a User-group anymore.

Edit: Also, the Smash Bash user titles were only going for a limited time, i believe.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No, there's a thing in yoru usergroups in which you can identify yourself with that usergroup. If you

a) change your title back to a custom title

you need to reset the custom title in the Change Details section of your user CP.

if you b) change user name color + custom title

you need to change it back to the 10th anniversary under group memberships and then reset the custom title.

I'm going to say this one more time. Only staff answers questions.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
@Fuel - probably means their name is easy to namesearch.

@Dark Horse - Ask the mod who closed it, if there was no obvious mod that closed it, then ask the moderator of that room.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lucas you are not a mod or member of the IBWC, so STOP ANSWERING QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU ARE GIVING WRONG ANSWERS. SERIOUSLY.

The aniversary group is still a group, just one you can't join anymore. If you're in it, you can always change to display it unless you choose to leave the group.

As long as you have the ability to change your title, I'm pretty sure whatever you added will stay. I think I might have had it set so that if you change to the group it'll change back to Smash Bash, but I can't test that out right now. Either way, if your premium runs out and you change to the anniversary group Smash Bash will return.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Mic when i set a custom title it wouldnt go back to smash bash until i reset my custom title.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Also, you know that icon that people who joined on Smashboard's birthenday supposedly got?

Why just now give it to everybody instead of just that specific group?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Because:

a) not everyone wants an animated custom title (and this is the only way you can turn it off and on),

b) it's commemorative, and

c) usergroups are neat.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I noticed the Anniversary Abode is now in Private.
Can i view it if i have on the moving title?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Because:

a) not everyone wants an animated custom title (and this is the only way you can turn it off and on),

b) it's commemorative, and

c) usergroups are neat.

I was talking about

MLG_JV said:
Today (8-21-2010) marks the official ten year anniversary of the boards and to celebrate this momentous occasion we have some special stuff going on. You will notice a shiny new "Anniversary Abode" forum, within which are some sticky topics detailing different periods of the community, a special joinable usergroup, a fancy piece of cake, and more.

The usergroup is only available to join till 12 PM est and (soon) will have a special postbit icon that you will have for life if you join today and today only.

We encourage everyone to take part in the celebrations and want to thank everyone regardless if you have been around for 10 years or 10 days for being part of the community.
That. Whatever happened to the postbit icon? Or is it already there and have I just not noticed it and I need to take off the Ambiguator to see it?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

I was talking about

That. Whatever happened to the postbit icon? Or is it already there and have I just not noticed it and I need to take off the Ambiguator to see it?
IIRC, Smash World Forums (Don't know who it was), said that they lost the post-bit design in the Pool Room and so they gave the animated "Smash Bash" title instead to make up for the post-bit.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Postbits take a lot of time to put up on the site. Please be patient.

I wasn't rushing anything, I just thought post bit icons didn't take THAT long to implement or something

IIRC, Smash World Forums (Don't know who it was), said that they lost the post-bit design in the Pool Room and so they gave the animated "Smash Bash" title instead to make up for the post-bit.
Oh so that's what it was. Ok thanks

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I was under the impression that we were still getting the postbit. Can someone definitively confirm/deny this? Thanks.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
The smashboards staff does NOT have permissions to upload post bits. The best we can do is be patient and wait for them to upload. Repeatedly asking for it doesn't make it come faster

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
It's probably just the title. if you recall, there used to be the archive that was accessible in the melee subforum, now they are probably in the process of combining both archives and have not just switched the names. I will let an admin confirm or deny this, however.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Why are the Proving Grounds of the Debate Hall not accessible to read by non-(Temp)Debaters?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
What advertisements does the premium membership actually block from showing? as far as I can tell it does absolutely nothing

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
We have more power than normal discussion leaders. In addition to stickying, moving and merging, the IBWC can also delete posts and threads, and lock and unlock threads

Top Bottom