• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, fail for me not catching that. Or being too lazy to take the 45 secs to look. :rolleyes:

Still implemented on some lesser Smash forums though.

I feel it could really help with knowing who the responsible members are.

I wish I could say that I'm a responsible member, but what if I'm the only one who holds that opinion? :S
I understand, but I believe the reason they got rid of it before was because of the nature of the rep system. If I remember correctly, members could like or dislike a post (sort of like "thumbs up" or thumbs down"), and in doing so, give or remove someone's rep. You could also leave comments for posts. Unfortunately, it was easy to abuse rep and give people a lot or leave comments that are unsuitable. I can't speak for the staff, but it seems like it was more of a headache than a good thing.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I understand, but I believe the reason they got rid of it before was because of the nature of the rep system. If I remember correctly, members could like or dislike a post (sort of like "thumbs up" or thumbs down"), and in doing so, give or remove someone's rep. You could also leave comments for posts. Unfortunately, it was easy to abuse rep and give people a lot or leave comments that are unsuitable. I can't speak for the staff, but it seems like it was more of a headache than a good thing.
Then perhaps if this were only allowed for staff members to thumb up or down something perhaps...

Eh, I'm just grasping straws here. :ohwell:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I also believe that people would spam and make threads like "If you give me rep I'll give you rep" and stuff like that. And one person could destroy someone's rep if they really wanted to. It's a good system in theory but practically it doesn't work too well. It's better to base judgements of how responsible a member is on their posts and behavior as opposed to a list of rep.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Seeing as to how Super Bans cannot be lifted, have the Admins and/or Staffer Shack ever thought of deleting the Perma-Banned accounts? It would open up many, many usernames for use, and it would clear space.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So that those users can come back with those same user names only to be banned again?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
most likely when the company goes bankrupt
He didn't mean Adobe, he meant the Anniversary Abode.

It'll be packed away sometime this week.

Lucas Perfected: If we did that, how would we know why they were banned?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So that those users can come back with those same user names only to be banned again?
If they were that desperate, they'd just make another account if we didn't delete thier old one. It wouldn't make all too much of a difference, IMO.

Edit: Mic, you guys don't keep records or history?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Be patient, please. The staff work very hard to give us things like new post bit, user groups, etc and not everything happens quickly. Some things, like post bit and skins, are not within the permissions of SWF staff.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Titles for regular members are based on postcount and simply reflect how many posts you have. From (much) earlier in this thread:
Smash n00b ~ 0-24 posts
Smash Child ~ 25-99 posts
Smash Journeyman ~ 100-499 posts
Smash Apprentice ~ 500-999 posts
Smash Lord ~ 1,000-2,499 posts
Smash Master ~ 2,500 or more posts

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, the most recent update would be this:

Smash Rookie 0-24
Smash Cadet 25-74
Smash Apprentice 75-199
Smash Journeyman 200-499
Smash Ace 500-999
Smash Lord 1000-1999
Smash Champion 2000-2999
Smash Master 3000-4999
Smash Hero 5000-9999
Smash Legend 10000-19999
Smash Obsessed 20000+

flaco

The Terminator
Ah do you guys plan to make more groups?Also mypost has never increased it stayed the same for the past 10 post i made why?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
They are in charge of admissions, but that doesn't make them forum leaders.

Discussion leaders are mini-mods. They can lock topics, edit posts, and whatnot for whichever forum they are leaders of.

edit: @flaco: when you say groups, do you mean public usergroups?

And not every forum has post count. User Blogs, Info Center, Regional Zones, Forum Games. You get the idea.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Zootematrix doesnt even come here often iirc.

Also Discussion leaders can really only sticky threads amd move/merge posts, just for clarification, my dear Lythy :3c

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Why do some user groups not show up on profiles while others do (like my profile tells people I'm a tournament director, but it doesn't tell them that I'm a premium member)?

Similarly, the Anniversary group no longer shows up on my profile, but it did a day or two ago.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why do some user groups not show up on profiles while others do (like my profile tells people I'm a tournament director, but it doesn't tell them that I'm a premium member)?

Similarly, the Anniversary group no longer shows up on my profile, but it did a day or two ago.
Edit: Forgot i couldn't reply at my current level of membership.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I think it has to do with the groups being a public-type membership or not. Could just have to do with individual permissions for each group.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Don't you get a my awards section in your profile for getting premie anyways? It'd be kinda redundant no?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i believe premium was just an example of a usergroup that he has that doesn't show up under user groups.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If i'm allowed to answer: @DB:premium isn't really a usergroup since it isn't really earned on the forums, so much as purchased. Other than that, the Green Title and Mushroom Postbit seem like enough.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Writer's isnt considered a usergroup by that either, i earned my writers title. it just has something to do with permissions, most likely, as Azua stated.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Have the Admins set every color of the palette to a different usergroup? To be more specific: If there was any colors left over after giving each usergroup a tint, what colors do we have left over?

Top Bottom