• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
There's a tab at the bottom of each forum that you can choose to sort threads. One of them is ascending/descending, how it sorted, and how far back threads go. Change the one that does how far back threads go.

that is a crappy explanation.

AdmiralStarshade

Smash Rookie
Hi, I want to start a smash scene in Irvine, and I thought that Smashboards can be a great place to find more people that play Smash. Is there a certain sub forum or "place" that I may post a topic that may read like this: "Starting a smash scene in Irvine, CA" without infringing the forum rules here? Thanks.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Haha I know for a fact that there's a scene in Irvine. Check out hte 949 Thread in the Pacific West.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hi, I want to start a smash scene in Irvine, and I thought that Smashboards can be a great place to find more people that play Smash. Is there a certain sub forum or "place" that I may post a topic that may read like this: "Starting a smash scene in Irvine, CA" without infringing the forum rules here? Thanks.
Haha I know for a fact that there's a scene in Irvine. Check out hte 949 Thread in the Pacific West.
Regional Zones > Pacific West > 949

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Also each post will have a lil preview I guess. It will be a link at the top of the quote. If you click on that it will take you directly to the post instead of the thread the post was in.

but namesearch showpost first.

Wrath`

Smash Master
For some reason, the skin I choose (Disco room Blue) does not stay as my default skin when I go to another place on the forums after I change my Skin, it always goes back to Smash Blue even tough I have it selected in my options and even changed it in quick finder.

Anyone know why?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Is the user blogs section messed up right now?

I can't read any of the threads or post a new blog. I know the UB section has had some problems recently... I was just wondering if it's an isolated problem or a bigger issue.

If it's an isolated issue I'll get Xiivi or Steel to fix it for me on their down time... so don't worry about hunting down an admin. XD

Frown

poekmon
Why is :088: the icon for the BRoom?
It's just a fad that people continued. At some point, years ago, Queen Killjoy and Hiemie just decided to spam Pokémon icons, and for some reason, Grimer was the one that caught on.

what king of server those smashboards.com runs on?also the price for the server and its speed?
I'm... not sure what you're asking. In case you're wondering about the actual server that we're using, i don't think we're supposed to hand out that kind of information.

When you are replying to a thread, how do you insert brawl characters faces?
If you look under the smileys, you'll find a link where it says [More]. Click that and you'll find them all.

You can also try to just type :character name:. But keep in mind that some characters have two icons, like :samus: and :link:.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
i really want to be one
Well you ain't becoming one now.

Basically mods are made of people who are useful, not of people who want it.. Well, obviously their agreement is needed, but I mean that people who ask for it are pretty much just crossed over in possible-mods -list.

I'm sure there are some deeper criteria to it, but that's the base afaik. I'll let the real answerers tell the rest.

Frown

poekmon
how can i become a mod? i really want to be one
Get to know the boards well, make sure to get a large number of contacts and become a respected member. Most importantly, be responsible. Try to keep your infraction list short.

On the other hand, the staff generally doesn't hand out moderatorships to people who ask for it. Just don't worry about it and you might get there some day.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I lost my custom title after my membership ran out, but after my last one I was able to get it back from you guys.

Is it still possible to get them back from you? I plan on buying another year but it's still principal, especially when I have been a constant member for a while

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I lost my custom title after my membership ran out, but after my last one I was able to get it back from you guys.

Is it still possible to get them back from you? I plan on buying another year but it's still principal, especially when I have been a constant member for a while
you lost your title when you changed user groups.

it didn't just go away

if they change it back you should probably hold off on switching between user grps. because somebody has to manually change it.

once your membership runs out you have your title until you switch groups. its why you are now a tournament director,

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
No, you have to buy more Premium Membership. If the admins were to hand out CTs to all ex-premium members, it would be way too much work.
they have done it numerous times before, there isn't any reason not to just put it back

you lost your title when you changed user groups.

it didn't just go away

if they change it back you should probably hold off on switching between user grps. because somebody has to manually change it.

once your membership runs out you have your title until you switch groups. its why you are now a tournament director,
I never changed groups, I was always a TD

who should I talk to about getting it back?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I never changed groups, I was always a TD

who should I talk to about getting it back?
hmm well you could post "custom title that you want/had" and if they have mercy on your soul they might do it at their convenience.

thats your best bet. otherwise its a no. so if it happens be happy, if not buy a new one.

you never had a lime green name?

and it was probably something you did to lose your title. they shouldn't feel obligated to fix your mistake. custom title is for premium memberships. yours expired. talking like that they probably won't change it. sound grateful dude. not like you are entitled.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
hmm well you could post "custom title that you want/had" and if they have mercy on your soul they might do it at their convenience.

thats your best bet. otherwise its a no. so if it happens be happy, if not buy a new one.

you never had a lime green name?

and it was probably something you did to lose your title. they shouldn't feel obligated to fix your mistake. custom title is for premium memberships. yours expired. talking like that they probably won't change it. sound grateful dude. not like you are entitled.
I did have a lime green name, but I changed it back to TD once I payed.
This happened the last time the membership ran out too, and they changed it back.

and wait a second, don't act like I'm not grateful because that is ignorant, that fact of the matter is i've donated about 80 dollars with the two purposes to show my appreciation to the administrators to this site and receive a custom title. I've been very appreciative to this website and have had no problem donating anything towards it.

It is something I use every day and give my respects to the people that run this place, it is a very well maintained and polished forum.

by the way my title was "Smash hhkj'"

and when i get the funds to donate I will do it agian

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I said sound grateful.

im just telling you the best way to get what you want. nobody wants too feel obligated or like they have to help you. they do it cuz they want to help.

I probably just looked to much into this:

they have done it numerous times before, there isn't any reason not to just put it back

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

Common problem. If it happens again, just post in forum support next time and I'll fix it for you.

and what exactly happened to non-staff/non-wc not answering questions?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
mY bad im a loser and break rules. sorry lol

I do have a question tho.

my first account on swf was kaosfdt. I was trying to find it the other day or look in a thread I had posted in. I don't think I had very many posts, but I couldn't find any record of the account. was it deleted or something or does it have something to do with the archived threads recently?

Top Bottom