• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Is it really that hard to split the smash 64 section into its own part on the home page?
It's not like they can just wave a wand and have it appear on the front page. You're a member here, I can't imagine you haven't realized how long it takes for some stuff to get changed here. It has to get approved, go through MLG Tech, etc.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I agree and surely everybody in the 64 community agrees with this.
Knowing about HTML and PHP, I'm pretty sure that editing the general index is VERY easy.... I just can't understand why they don't seem to care.
Even if it only has two or three subforums, this game deserves far more exposure on the main page, just like the other two smash games.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm not talking about the ease of doing it, I'm talking about having it approved and getting it through MLG Tech. They take quite a long time for things you'd think wouldn't be too difficult (still waiting on my Debater postbit from June 09).

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Okay, however this isnt the first time we ask for this, we have done it several times and since long ago.

The fact that SSB64 seems to be quite ignored by the SWF admins just because its older than Melee and Brawl is truly sad. As long as a game is good and people keep on liking it and playing it, it can go on forever no matter the year of release. And let me say one more time, its the game that started it all. No SSB64 no SWF.

Frown

poekmon
FOR THE TWENTY-ELEVENTH TIME: PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE STAFF. NO ANSWERS IS BETTER THAN INCORRECT ANSWERS.

At the moment, there are about 10 active threads in the SSB part of the forum while there are literally hundreds of active Melee & Brawl threads. The reason why the SSB discussion forums are so few is simply because there aren't enough posts.

Opening new subforums is not difficult by any means. It's just that the SSB forum is way too inactive to get split up. I respect the people who still play it (as a matter of fact, I personally think it's the most fun game in the series) and I definitely don't think the game deserves to be forgotten, but it is a minor part of this forum and doesn't need to take up as much space as the other two games.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
We understand the frustration you SSB64 users are having with the forum but you have to wait till an admin addresses this.

Frown: I don't SOLID was posting an answer, it seems more like a...relevant experience post. <_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't part of the problem that the SSB forum gets so little views in the first place is because it's hidden in a corner in the forum?

Wouldn't you get more people active in there if you either moved it into a place where more people can see it or make an entire new section?

Frown

poekmon
If we want more activity, there still can't be any online discussion whatsoever since discussing ROMs is forbidden on Smashboards.

But if anyone has any suggestions on what other boards could be needed, please do make suggestions.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Wouldn't part of the problem that the SSB forum gets so little views in the first place is because it's hidden in a corner in the forum?

Wouldn't you get more people active in there if you either moved it into a place where more people can see it or make an entire new section?
No, I don't think so. Though it might be "hidden" because it doesn't have it's own section, it's still in the main page and users don't really have to search high and low for it unlike for example, The Current Events section. or the Workshop. So I really doubt it not having it's own section is the cause of the low activity.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, I don't think so. Though it might be "hidden" because it doesn't have it's own section, it's still in the main page and users don't really have to search high and low for it unlike for example, The Current Events section. or the Workshop. So I really doubt it not having it's own section is the cause of the low activity.
O RLY? I lurked on smashboards for like 4 months before I stumbled across the 64 section. It's obvious that if your typical new-ish melee/brawl player got on the forum and 64 had its own section, he'd be more likely to find it, more likely to read a few things, and more likely to pick it up, at least casually. I can guarantee that there would be at least a small and gradual influx of new people if we got a section, although it sadly wouldn't be enough for us to grow to a size where we could rival melee or brawl.

Come on, guys. Cheeseball, MattNF, ballin', and others have already given you reasons why the relatively low rate-of-posting doesn't mean we shouldn't have our own section.

If we want more activity, there still can't be any online discussion whatsoever since discussing ROMs is forbidden on Smashboards.

But if anyone has any suggestions on what other boards could be needed, please do make suggestions.
Are you saying that online discussion is forbidden at the moment, or that it would be forbidden if we got our own section? Because it's definitely not enforced even in the loosest way at the moment, and I fail to see how our own section would mean that we had to change our ROM policy.

My understanding of the legal situation (and it could be flawed) is that ripping your own ROM from your own cartridge is legal, and that this means we can discuss online play and etc. etc., as long as we don't direct or link people to ROMs that are available for illegal download.

edit: I just checked wikipedia, and ripping one's own ROMs is illegal in the US. Still, my first point is valid.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll bring this up in the Staffer Shack, see if we can work something out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you mean that it just says it's erased cookies but you're still logged in, then you need to manually delete your cookies.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I searched this thread, and nothing came up, so I have a suggestion:

Since this forum is so popular, I'd say that we have many people who speak languages other than English. I was thinking that maybe we could make a room based on foreign languages, like Spanish or Japanese. People could go there to talk in their native language (A mod knowing that language would moderate that room to make sure it doesn't get out of hand), or people learning the language could ask questions that they have, like "how do you say ___ in Japanese".

Maybe this isn't the best idea, but it was something I was thinking about. ;)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
While this does seem like a good idea, you would have to find users who know that respective language and they have to be willing to teach it to other users but you should try this project as a Social Group, see how well it works out and if it does, this idea might turn out well in the end. Although, we already have technology that can help us if you want to know "How to say ____ in _____".

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's an intersting idea, but I don't really see what having a bunch of general chat rooms in another language would do. Not to say we don't have anything similar to that already, a lot of the european smash rooms talk in their languages there (ie, dutch)

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I heard that the bbr is looking for intelligent players and diverse as well. If so how can I apply to support.

Pit boards also need a mod. I would like to help there as well.

What steps would I need too accomplish these?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm not quite sure how BBR applications work. I know that they have applications every once in a while that you fill out, I don't believe that there is one currently tho.

You cannot apply to be a mod. They are simply chosen.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What the **** just happened to my post count. I just lost like 1000 posts and now I can't hold a tourney I was planning when I was gonna reach 9001 posts

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Discussion Leaders are veterans of their respective board that, well, lead discussion. They help organize their board and keep discussion moving in a positive manner.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
The Pit boards are currently being spammed quite often, and there is no moderator currently patrolling the board to keep things in order. This is really hurting the morale of the boards and it would be great to have a moderator. How do we get someone to help us out?

EDIT: Okay Katana asked the same thing. If mods are only appointed, then what can we possibly do? Its like no mods visit there.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Am i only able to PM Azua on name changes or Pranks? I thought it'd be a bit of a stress on her if she was the only one who could do these things.
Or do all Admins have the privileges to do this? If any necessary.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Sometimes, moderators wish to take a break or resign from the pressure of being one. In order to maintain the position, you have to remain active. School has started, and many people may not have access to the web as frequently as they would during summer vacation. That's all it is.

However, few of them reserve their position. They may obtain their moderation status later on. Vyse and Glyph are an example.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Let's get every board a mod first :p

In all seriousness, I don't know the answer to that question, I don't even know how DL's are chosen. That's for Virg to say, I guess.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I come across a lot of posts that I know are considered spam, hurtful to others, etc.
Actually, just recently I reported one of these, but my question is:

Should I report all of these posts I see, or should I let a Mod take care of it? I wouldn't necessarily report all of the spam I see, if that's not wanted, but I'd love to help get rid of all of the insulting posts.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why does the font size change sometimes on the staff's classification rank?

(Sometimes "
Moderator" shows up as "Moderator" <---- Is prob. a bit smaller)

Also, how do i change the color of the font in my Custom Title?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No idea to the font thing.

You can't change the color on your user title. It's not something normal premium users can do.

Top Bottom