• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Does anyone have a hacked Brawl?
If by hacked, you mean modified with File Patch to allow texture and all other sorts of hacks, then yes, I have a hacked Brawl.

However, if you are asking this because you want to know how it's done, feel free to ask me via VM or PM.

Ninja'd <_<

Rhan Cole

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet but, How do tournaments work exactly? Do you get paid for every win you get, or win different prizes?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet but, How do tournaments work exactly? Do you get paid for every win you get, or win different prizes?
Tournaments in the Online Tournaments Listing section do NOT offer monetary rewards of any sort, though some tournament hosts do offer prizes such as a 2000 Wii Points Card or something similar.

Rhan Cole

Smash Rookie
I see, also, How many matches can you do in a tournament? Do you disqualify if you lose once, or is it as much as you want until the tournament is over?

Seris

Smash Journeyman
I have a tourney results thread and I want to link to different pages to display the results. Is there a place I can place the threads that I link to that wont be considered spam?

Frown

poekmon
I see, also, How many matches can you do in a tournament? Do you disqualify if you lose once, or is it as much as you want until the tournament is over?
This is all up to the tournament host. Check the ruleset, it's usually in the original post of the tournament thread.

Do you guys have a list for the ranks a user can have?
Smash Rookie 0-24
Smash Cadet 25-74
Smash Apprentice 75-199
Smash Journeyman 200-499
Smash Ace 500-999
Smash Lord 1000-1999
Smash Champion 2000-2999
Smash Master 3000-4999
Smash Hero 5000-9999
Smash Legend 10000-19999
Smash Obsessed 20000+

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I've previously said it is a good suggestion, but you should probably talk to the Light House mods to make it happen.

rhan

Smash Hero
You need a name change... How the hell am I suppose to name search myself?!?!?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Question:

I guess people missed this. Any thoughts?
I think one of the big issues was posting threads with fake information and the spam/flaming/trolling that can be generated within said threads.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Smash Rookie 0-24
Smash Cadet 25-74
Smash Apprentice 75-199
Smash Journeyman 200-499
Smash Ace 500-999
Smash Lord 1000-1999
Smash Champion 2000-2999
Smash Master 3000-4999
Smash Hero 5000-9999
Smash Legend 10000-19999
Smash Obsessed 20000+
You forgot one.

Smash Wobbuffet rPSI-RocketPSIence

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You have to apply to be a Temporary Debater first. Then you prove yourself in The Proving Grounds, and then they select you based on the quality of your posts.

However, perusing the Debate Hall it seems like they are planning on putting a new system in.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105232

Is this still all you need to do to become a Debater? This is the link in the description but it's from a while back so I wanted to make certain.

I can ask one of the DH mods if this isn't the place. Wasn't too sure.
I can clarify a bit.

You have to apply to be a Temporary Debater first. Then you prove yourself in The Proving Grounds, and then they select you based on the quality of your posts.

However, perusing the Debate Hall it seems like they are planning on putting a new system in.
CK is throwing around the idea of there being a possible DH mod, plus a mentor system for people wanting to learn the ropes. This isn't set in stone, so don't quote me on it, obv. :012:

The DH, PG, and the mods of the rooms are still ironing out the details, but they should be up soon enough. I hope.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Didn't you guys lose like ALL your mods? Like Zero Beat isn't around much anymore, Medi resigned, CK got promoted, leaving EE all by his lonesome.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yes, that is indeed the case. That's why CK wants to implement a new mod for the DH. Unfortunately, the forum itself suffers from lack of activity. I believe with this reform, Debaters are hoping to revive the DH.

That's the plan, anyway.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I've got a big question here.

Why is there a giant "see brawl live" video thing at the top of the page? I'm logged in, so I don't think it's a random add (even though I still see adds when logged in). I personally have no desire whatsoever to watch brawl live or discuss brawl being played live. I also have no desire to have a giant video slow down he loading of my page. In addition, it is bothersome to have to scroll down to read each page. I'm just checking to see if this is a mandatory thing trying to promote brawl or if I can turn it off. Because I'd really like to.

Frown

poekmon
I've got a big question here.

Why is there a giant "see brawl live" video thing at the top of the page? I'm logged in, so I don't think it's a random add (even though I still see adds when logged in). I personally have no desire whatsoever to watch brawl live or discuss brawl being played live. I also have no desire to have a giant video slow down he loading of my page. In addition, it is bothersome to have to scroll down to read each page. I'm just checking to see if this is a mandatory thing trying to promote brawl or if I can turn it off. Because I'd really like to.
MLG sponsored tourneys will appear in the media player at the top of the page if you are using the skin "Revolution".

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you will find options for two other skins (or even more if you are a premium member). Those do not have the media player embedded.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have adblock for google chrome, but it isn't blocking it. Is there a specific filter I should be using?
Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with Chrome. I'm using Adblock Plus with Firefox, and you just have to make sure to enable your filters, as far as I know. Do you have a right-click option to block stuff with Chrome? That's what I did with Firefox.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I have adblock for google chrome, but it isn't blocking it. Is there a specific filter I should be using?
The adblock for Chrome does work, but you can't use Revolution skin for it.

People have claimed to have adblocked it on Firefox.
It does, but there is a Contests and Promos section still appears. A small price to pay.

Top Bottom