• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards has created: Super Mario Smash Bros!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Music votes are closed

Koopa's Road (Olympics), King Bowser (Ultimate), and Bowser's Castle (Fortune Street) win the Bowser's Castle vote with a very big draw behind them. Please vote here

In The Final, Final Boss (Bowser's Fury), and (of course) Baby Bowser win the votes for Baby Bowser's Castle with Fated Battle and Final Boss Phase 2 (NSMBW) in a draw. Please vote in the runoff here.

For the next music submission I'm going to experiment with having 7 submissions and either 4 or 5 maximum votes, I understand that music subs have been a bit of a headache for everyone but I will try to find a way they can work.

Votes for the Wario stage have also been closed and will be calculated shortly, followed by a new music job. Alt and customisation submissions will stay open.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Stonecarving City: 0
Wario's Castle: 4
Dribble & Spitz: 4
9-Volt's Game Boy: 7

9-Volt's Game Boy
will be the new Wario stage! guess this calls for a special job...

Submit 3 microgames for 9-Volt's Game Boy!

Please submit up to 2 Microgames directly based on Mario or a sub-series game and 1 Microgame for a non-Mario Nintendo series. We will include 6 Mario related microgames and 4 non-Mario microgames for a total of 10 microgames. These must be based on specific games or consoles and not the vague "idea" of a series, and therefore won't have any graphical upgrades/reimagining. Nintendo microgames can be from any generation and graphical power, while Mario microgames must be from the N64 or earlier for consoles, and the DS or earlier for handhelds. Microgames based on the Super Smash Bros. series, the WarioWare series (with the exception of Game & Wario), and non-gaming Nintendo media (movies, TV, manuals, commercials) are inellegible. This will not disconfirm any characters not already disconfirmed

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Microgame Submissions:
1645304951565.png

Super Mario Bros.: Stomp on the Goombas to win. There will always be enough Goombas for every player to be able to stomp one, but you can stomp multiple Goombas to deprive opponents of rewards. Goombas damage you if they touch you.

1645305056337.png

Powerup: A bunch of powerups from Super Mario Bros. 3 will be shown, and one will be prompted. The player who touches the prompted powerup first wins but touching the wrong one makes you lose. Unlike in Twisted, the Powerups will all be in a straight row instead of a circle.

1645305181689.png

Splatoon 2: Stand on the winning side when the call is made to win. Try to launch your enemies onto the losing side!

My microgames:
  • Super Mario Bros 3 - They need to watch out on Hammer Bros. It someone gets hit, it's game over.
  • Super Mario Land - Players need to destroy all the blocks and hit the ? BLOCK. If it's too late, then they lose.
  • Duck Hunt - Players need to avoid the Zapper while Ducks are flying. If they got hit, it's game over and Dog from Duck Hunt laughs at you.

(Don't judge my idea)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I will submit my Microgames later.
My microgames:
  • Super Mario Bros 3 - They need to watch out on Hammer Bros.
  • Wario Land 4 - Fighters need to dash through walls to escape the level.
  • Duck Hunt - Players need to avoid the Zapper while Ducks are flying

(Don't judge my idea)
I don't think that Wario Land 4 idea would be feasible - can you please explain in more depth? What do they need to escape? These microgames can only be 5-to-8 seconds long and as a rule of thumb shouldn't add platforms.

Submit music for the Cap Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion!

Two spooky stages in need of music. You can submit up to 7 different songs as usual.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Luigi's:
  1. SMB1 Ghost House
  2. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
  3. On The Hunt (Gloomy Manor)
  4. Ashley's Theme (Brawl)
  5. Ashley's Theme (3DS/Wii U)

Cap Kingdom:
  1. Bonetton
  2. Crescent Moon Village
  3. Cap Kingdom (Remix)

Microgames:
Mario & Yoshi (Biggest!)

Eggshells fall down into Mario and Luigi's plate followed by a set of enemies, another eggshell falls as any immediate duplicates in a column disappear - then everyone can attack an egg each, hatching a wrong egg - which contains a Baby Yoshi - disqualifies you from hatching any more, while hatching the biggest egg in a column makes a Star Yoshi appear and grant you the win!

DKC2 GBA (Dodge!)

Kerozene tosses two Kleevers into the stage, you have to dodge them to win, and will be1HKO'd if hit by them.

Drill Dozer (Shift!)

Jill is battling against Croog's scorpion mech. Hit her whenever she reaches the timing for a gear shift (shown by the HUD) to shift her up. She shifts up two times to destroy Croog's drill, and if shifted by two people they'll both be rewarded. Shift her at the wrong time and she'll let her guard down and thustly be drilled away.

Last edited:
I will submit my Microgames later.

I don't think that Wario Land 4 idea would be feasible - can you please explain in more depth? What do they need to escape? These microgames can only be 5-to-8 seconds long and as a rule of thumb shouldn't add platforms.
OK, I've changed into Super Mario Land.
Nothing's wrong with it...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Customisation submissions will close soon

Here's two new jobs:

Submit a Smash Ball equivalent!

This isn't for submitting a new FS system or anything, but rather for just deciding how the Smash Ball should look. It must have some kind of Mario element instead of a regular Smash Ball, but it can have the Smash symbol if desired.

Submit an Ally Phone contact!

Please submit a contact for the Ally Phone, the Assist Trophy equivalent. Keep in mind this disconfirms characters. We will be adding two contacts in this job. They can be functionally identical to a non-Mario AT if even a PokéBall, or you can resubmit a canon Mario-related AT.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
AP: Francis (Super Paper Mario)
1645377059600.png

Francis is the main boss of World 3, The Bitlands, of Super Paper Mario.

Francis would be able to sneak up on opponents with invisibility, and grab them with his tongue. Francis will also summon 3 Meowbombs if he hasn't manage to grab anyone, these act kind of like Smash Ultimate's Bombchu but are slower and less powerful.

Francis disappears after ~30 seconds or he's dealt ~75% damage (numbers not final, these are just an estimate)

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
AT: Hiyoihoi (Super Mario Land)
DF4CCAD4-24DB-4BE1-886B-24AECD966390.png

The third boss of Super Mario Land and supposedly the brainwashed King of the Muda Kingdom, Hiyoihoi attacks Mario by throwing large Ganchans (boulders). He does the same here, standing in place and throwing Ganchans at enemies. Ganchans have hitboxes everywhere except on top of them, which can be used as platforms (despite the fact that they spin, don’t worry about the physics). Hiyoihoi can be defeated to be removed from play early, otherwise he’ll disappear after a few seconds.

FazDude

Smash Master
Ally Phone Contact: Lakitu & Spinies

Lakitus are cloud-riding turtles who serve in Bowser's army, debuting in the original Super Mario Bros. Their main method of attack is deploying Spiny Eggs from above, which hatch into spiky turtle creatures.

In Super Mario Smash Bros., the Lakitu reprises his role as an Assist Trophy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, flying above the stage and dropping Spinies from above. However, both the Lakitu and his Spinies use their 3D, modern-day appearances as opposed to the 8-bit sprites seen in Brawl.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Customisation submissions are closed! You can recolour your characters, change their stats, and give them Mii heads! I'll be adding these to the front page shortly
Submission: Mii Heads

Changes your fighter's head into a Mii! This works on all fighters (though it may look a little off for some) - a red effect is added for characters who use bite attacks. Duo characters like Ashley and Red and the Koopalings and their cars can have two seperate Miis chosen!
Character Customization Submission: Custom Stats
View attachment 345638
(sorry it looks bad, I made this quick)

Custom Stats work somewhat like Custom Moves in Smash 4, but instead of a character having multiple moves they have the ability to completely alter stats of a character's moveset.

Take the above image as an example, Mario gets a lot of new options from this alone, can he shoot Big Fireballs with great damage, does he go for Small and Slow fireballs with not much damage, maybe he'll try the smart approach with having high damaging but small fireballs and try using them strategically, or does he not care for balance at all and will just put all the stats on Max; this allows multiple new playstyles without having to alter moves like Custom Moves in Smash 4, and I think would be a really cool addition for players wanting new from the same characters.

EDIT: Also would like to add the idea that maybe you could apply an effect to a move as well to make this more chaotic. If this isn't plausible I understand, but would still like to add more ideas to make even more playstyles and chaos happen.
View attachment 345649
Using the fireball as an example again, you could apply multiple effects to it. Maybe the fast and small fireballs with no damage are also flinchless (meaning opponents can walk past them like Fox's lasers), the tactical fireball with extreme bouncyness is also a spike which can lead into combos, or again you can just make the fireball an absolute unit by having everything on it.
Custom colors
View attachment 345651

Just like in Rivals of Aether, every character's default costume will have two extra alts that can be customized to whatever colors you want!

Submissions for Mario's default alt list will close soon

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The 4th songs for Bowser's Castle and Baby Bowser's Castle will be World Bowser and Fated Battle respectively. Although the later was a draw, I chose against Final Boss Phase 2 as that was my vote.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submissions for Mario's alts are closed!
My Mario alts
  1. Default
  2. Fire Mario
  3. Inverted Mario from Melee
  4. Green and brown "Jinbe"
  5. Flying Mario
  6. Builder Mario colours for default
  7. NES SMB colours
  8. SMB3 Fire Mario
  9. Resort Hat and Outfit
  10. Green Resort Hat and Outfit
  11. Yellow Resort Hat and Outfit
  12. Red Resort Hat and Outfit
  13. Black Top Hat and Black Tuxedo
  14. White Top Hat and White Tuxedo (based on the black version)
  15. Blue Top Hat and Red Tuxedo
  16. White Top Hat and Black Tuxedo
My recolors:
1. Default
2. Inverted Mario
3. Fire Mario
4. NES SMB Colors
5. SMB3 Fire Mario
6. Builder Mario (Orange)
7. Foreman Spike Black Colors
8. USA NES Golf Colors
9. Gameboy Gray Mario
10. Mario with white Top Hat and Tuxedo (Wedding Mario)
11. Yellow Wario colors
12. Stanley Blue Mario
13. Green Luigi colors.
14. Peach Pink Colors

That's all about my colors, I can't do them anymore because I ran out of ideas...
(I'll might edit it if something comes up)
Mario Alts
  1. Default (Red shirt/cap, blue overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
  2. Donkey Kong / Mario Bros. (Blue shirt/cap/shoes, navy overalls, yellow gloves)
  3. SMB1 (Red cap/overalls, dark green shirt/shoes, yellow gloves)
  4. SMB3 (Dark red shirt/cap/shoes, black overalls, white gloves)
  5. Fire Mario (White shirt/cap, red overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
  6. Ice Mario (Light blue cap/shirt, red overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
  7. Luigi (Green shirt/cap, navy overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
  8. Wario (Yellow shirt/cap, purple overalls, green shoes, white gloves)
  9. "Game Boy" (Black cap/shirt/shoes, gray overalls/gloves)
  10. NES Open Tournament Golf (the american one)
  11. Builder Mario (model swap - Yellow hat/shirt, red overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
  12. "Wrecking Crew" Builder Mario (Red hat/overalls, green shirt, brown shoes, white gloves)
  13. Wedding Mario (model swap - White hat/tuxedo/shoes/gloves, red bowtie)
  14. "All-Star" Wedding Mario (Black hat/tuxedo, navy pants, brown shoes, white gloves)
  15. 64 Mario (model swap - uses the Mario 64 cap outfit from Odyssey)
  16. "L is Real" 64 Mario (green cap/shirt, navy overalls, brown shoes, white gloves)
Please vote for one here

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
FazDude's Mario costumes win! L is real once more!

I think I will start alternating between alt and song jobs for a bit more variety, so expect a costume job once Cap Kingdom submissions are done, I will be adding some more to my post shortly.

Additionally, submissions for the microgames on 9-Volt's Game Boy have closed- however, there is still one spot left for a non-Mario microgame. I have decided to go for one of two preset IPs to base it on - please vote for your prefered of the two, and then we'll do submissions and voting once a series is chosen
https://strawpoll.com/4kvpg38qx

Ally Phone and Smash Ball submissions will stay open.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ally Phone and Smash Ball submissions are closed!
View attachment 345769

Smash Star

Pretty simple. Just like a smash ball in the form of a super star. Image made by me.
Smash Ball: A Shine Sprite

AT: Vivian

Functions the same as Marshadow's AT.
AP: Francis (Super Paper Mario)
View attachment 345730
Francis is the main boss of World 3, The Bitlands, of Super Paper Mario.

Francis would be able to sneak up on opponents with invisibility, and grab them with his tongue. Francis will also summon 3 Meowbombs if he hasn't manage to grab anyone, these act kind of like Smash Ultimate's Bombchu but are slower and less powerful.

Francis disappears after ~30 seconds or he's dealt ~75% damage (numbers not final, these are just an estimate)
AT: Hiyoihoi (Super Mario Land)
View attachment 345731
The third boss of Super Mario Land and supposedly the brainwashed King of the Muda Kingdom, Hiyoihoi attacks Mario by throwing large Ganchans (boulders). He does the same here, standing in place and throwing Ganchans at enemies. Ganchans have hitboxes everywhere except on top of them, which can be used as platforms (despite the fact that they spin, don’t worry about the physics). Hiyoihoi can be defeated to be removed from play early, otherwise he’ll disappear after a few seconds.
Ally Phone Contact: Lakitu & Spinies

Lakitus are cloud-riding turtles who serve in Bowser's army, debuting in the original Super Mario Bros. Their main method of attack is deploying Spiny Eggs from above, which hatch into spiky turtle creatures.

In Super Mario Smash Bros., the Lakitu reprises his role as an Assist Trophy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, flying above the stage and dropping Spinies from above. However, both the Lakitu and his Spinies use their 3D, modern-day appearances as opposed to the 8-bit sprites seen in Brawl.
Assist

Whomp

Whomps when summoned will walk around the stage and fall on opponents, you can damage it by attacking it while its down.
Please vote in the strawpoll here on the Smash Ball equivalent:

And for your top 2 ally contacts
  • Vivian
  • Francis
  • Hiyoihoi
  • Lakitu & Spinies
  • Whomp
Submissions for Cap Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion's music have also closed!
Cap Kingdom:
  1. Bonneton (Remix 1)
  2. Ghost House (New Remix) - Super Mario World
  3. Big Boo's Haunt - Super Mario 64
  4. Ghostly Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
  5. Boo Moon Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
  6. Banshee Boardwalk (New Remix) - Mario Kart 64
  7. Horror Land - Mario Party 2 (Superstars)
  8. Boo's Haunted Dash - Mario Party 4
  9. Bonetton
  10. Crescent Moon Village
  11. Cap Kingdom (Remix 2)
Luigi's Mansion:
  1. GCN Luigi's Mansion (Remix of DS Luigi's Mansion) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  2. Main Theme (SSBU Remix) - Luigi's Mansion
  3. Melody Pianissma Battle - Luigi's Mansion
  4. King Boo Battle - Luigi's Mansion
  5. Luigi's Mansion Medley - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  6. Grand Lobby - Luigi's Mansion 3
  7. Shifty Boo Mansion - Super Mario 3D World
  8. Twisted Mansion - Mario Kart 8
  9. SMB1 Ghost House
  10. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
  11. On The Hunt (Gloomy Manor)
  12. Ashley's Theme (Brawl)
  13. Ashley's Theme (3DS/Wii U)
Please vote for your 5 (at maximum) favourites on each stage - voting will not be ranked. A new fighter job is coming up soon!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Cap
  1. Cap Kingdom (Remix 1)
  2. Horror Land
  3. Crescent Moon Village
Luigi's
  1. GCN Luigi's Mansion (DS)
  2. King Boo Battle
  3. SMB1 Ghost House
  4. Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
  5. Ashley's (Brawl)
Ally:
  1. Lakitu
  2. Hiyoihoi

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Vivian
2. Lakitu

1. Bonetton (Remix 1)
2. Cap Kingdom (Remix 2)
3. Horror Land
4. Crescent Moon Village
5. Big boo's Haunt

1. GCN Luigi's Mansion (Remix of DS Luigi's Mansion) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Melody Pianissma Battle - Luigi's Mansion
3. Luigi's Mansion Medley - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
4. Grand Lobby
5. On The Hunt (Gloomy Manor)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit two clone fighters!

We will be adding two clone fighters in this job and everyone will be able to submit two characters each. Note that these will be in the veins of Melee's clones having more statistic changes than moveset changes - not that moveset changes would be completely non-existant, but either way you may want to refrain on certain characters you may feel are better suited for more or complete uniqueness. This must be based on a fighter already on the roster, so a substitute to a non-Mario Smash fighter wouldn't be allowed... for now.

Additionally, the 9-Volt poll was a draw so I have removed my vote - Zelda will be the 4th non-Mario series with a represented microgame, the job will open later.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My submissions will be:
Small Mario (Mario)

He may not pack as much of a punch, but a small frame and faster speed make Small Mario a worthy fighter in spite of being powered down!

Kamek and Toady (Ashley & Red)

Kamek and Toady would be based on Ashley & Red, with Toady using a no-Yoshi sign like the unused SMW item (albeit designed more like a Mario 64 billboard) in place of a pitchfork - Kamek would likely be heavier, stronger, and a little slower than Ashley.

D

Deleted member

Gooigi

Like Luigi but with way more slime. He would perhaps be slightly weaker but faster and more mobile.

Funky Kong
This game needs some funk. He could be a faster Donkey Kong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
03D55C67-9772-4385-A309-34F4AF8A4743.jpeg

Koopa Kid (Bowser Jr. clone)
Similar to Junior, except he pilots the vehicle seen in the above artwork. His moveset will be mostly identical, only with a few moves reskinned with Mario Party references.

33DC9F32-D230-42C5-B1F0-2DB242D892DE.png

Cosmic Spirit (Rosalina clone)
A variant of Rosalina who doesn’t have a Luma. Her moveset is lightly altered to adjust for this.

FazDude

Smash Master
Ally Phone Contacts
  1. Whomp
  2. Vivian
Cap Kingdom Music
  • Cap Kingdom (Remix 2)
  • Ghost House (New Remix) - Super Mario World
  • Ghostly Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
  • Banshee Boardwalk (New Remix) - Mario Kart 64
  • Crescent Moon Village
Luigi's Mansion Music
  • Main Theme (SSBU Remix) - Luigi's Mansion
  • King Boo Battle - Luigi's Mansion
  • GCN Luigi's Mansion (Remix of DS Luigi's Mansion) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
  • Shifty Boo Mansion - Super Mario 3D World
Clone Character: Birdo (clone of Yoshi)

Birdo is a reoccuring character in the Mario series, making her sole appearance in a mainline title in the American version of Super Mario Bros. 2. Ever since, she has served a reoccuring role in spinoff titles.

As a clone of Yoshi, Birdo has the following differences from her partner:
  • Birdo would be slightly heavier than Yoshi, but also slower.
  • Birdo would have a standard double jump rather than Yoshi's flutter jump.
  • Due to her lack of a prehensile tounge, Birdo has much worse grab range.
  • Birdo's Neutral Special is more in-line with King K. Rool's Blunderbuss; She shoots an egg from her snout, and holding the special button causes her to start sucking inwards, being able to grab and launch the egg or an opponent.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Clone Character: Birdo (clone of Yoshi)

Birdo is a reoccuring character in the Mario series, making her sole appearance in a mainline title in the American version of Super Mario Bros. 2. Ever since, she has served a reoccuring role in spinoff titles.

As a clone of Yoshi, Birdo has the following differences from her partner:
  • Birdo would be slightly heavier than Yoshi, but also slower.
  • Birdo would have a standard double jump rather than Yoshi's flutter jump.
  • Due to her lack of a prehensile tounge, Birdo has much worse grab range.
  • Birdo's Neutral Special is more in-line with King K. Rool's Blunderbuss; She shoots an egg from her snout, and holding the special button causes her to start sucking inwards, being able to grab and launch the egg or an opponent.
I don't mind if she gets in as a clone, but personally, I'd make her a unique character. I think she has the potential for it. Either way though, I think she deserves a slot.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ally contact votes are closed!

Francis = 1
Hiyoihoi = 1
Whomp = 2
Lakitu = 4
Vivian = 7

The new Ally Contacts are Lakitu & Spinies and Vivian! That means they're disconfirmed until DLC, but hey, it's better than nothing!

Clone submissions and song voting will close soon.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Clone submissions are now closed! Please vote for your top 6, 1 and 2 get 3 points; 3 and 4 get 2; and 5 and 6 get 1. Remember that we will be adding the top 2 clones! You can only put one of your own in 1/2, but any other place is fair game for multiple.
  1. Small Mario (Mario)
  2. Kamek & Toady (Ashley & Red)
  3. Gooigi (Luigi)
  4. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  5. Dry Bowser (Bowser)
  6. Good Truthful Honest Giant Ninja Mario (Mario)
  7. Galoomba (Goomba)
  8. Nipper Plant (Piranha Plant)
  9. Koopa Kid (Bowser Jr.)
  10. Cosmic Spirit (Rosalina)
  11. Kip (Diddy Kong)
  12. Birdo (Yoshi)
If GTHGNM and Small Mario both win we will go with the 1st most popular and skip to the 3rd most popular - though that won't disconfirm more clones for Mario later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Gooigi
2. Dry Bowser
3. Funky
4. Birdo
5. Koopa Kid
6. Cosmic Spirit

Top Bottom