- Feb 13, 2021
- The Flat Eric cult
2. MC Ballyhoo
Honorable mention to Ashley
2. MC Ballyhoo
Honorable mention to Ashley
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Can I also vote for my own submission in second or third place?Stage submissions are now closed
The submissions are:
The top 2 stages will be added, ranked voting is in effect and you can vote for your own in first place. Be sure to read the descriptions provided for each stage.
I plan for the next submission job to start a little later, but before (or as) stage voting closes.
Yeah, heh. Perhaps should've worded that a little differently.Can I also vote for my own submission in second or third place?
No worries, if I was trying to resubmit this, I could go in different format.Honorable mention to Lake Lapcat, but it would be a crime to represent it as a battlefield clone.
I am not currently looking for animations or cosmetics (I hope to handle them similarly to how they're handled in Infinite), however the rest of the moveset will be accepted as a submission.First off, Waluigi would be able to crawl.
- Jab: Waluigi throws two hooks before throwing a stylish straight kick.
- Dash Attack: Waluigi springs forwards, only to land on the ground and slide forwards a short distance.
- This can be seen as an attempt at a soccer goalie's lunge, referencing the Super Mario Strikers games, a reference to Waluigi's trophy animation in Mario Power Tennis, or Waluigi's attempt at performing the infamous Luigi Missile in defiance of his rival. All three could work well for the character.
- Forward Tilt: Waluigi jabs two of his fingers out in an attempt to poke his opponent in the eyes. Not only can this be seen as a cheap knockoff of Luigi's Forward Smash, but it's fitting for Waluigi.
- Up Tilt: Waluigi throws a high kick, referencing one he used against Bowser in Mario Party 3.
- Down Tilt: Waluigi performs a stomp, not too dissimilar from the one he currently uses as an Assist Trophy. Just like King K. Rool's down tilt, it can bury opponents.
- Forward Smash: Waluigi charges up before swinging a tennis racket forwards. While not particularly powerful, it can reflect projectiles just like Ness' F-Smash.
- Up Smash: Luigi does a headbutt for his Up Smash, so Waluigi attempts to do so as well. However, his Up Smash has him strike his head upwards while spinning around, kind of like Wario's U-Smash from Brawl.
- Down Smash: Waluigi performs a breakdance kick, similar to a lot of characters' Down Smashes. This move simply represents Waluigi's love of dance.
Grab / Throws:
- Neutral Air: Waluigi sticks his leg out as he swings it around wildly, somewhat referencing the Whirluigi Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis.
- Forward Air: Waluigi thrusts his leg out while posing for the camera, referencing a trick he pulls off in the Mario Kart games.
- Back Air: Waluigi throws a nasty roundhouse kick behind himself.
- Up Air: Waluigi holds up his arms so his silhouette resembles his iconic Γ shape. The tip of the shape is a sweetspot.
- Down Air: Waluigi performs the Drop Rocket from Super Mario Strikers, descending diagonally in a corkscrew motion. This move can spike opponents during its first few frames.
- Grab: Waluigi simply grabs his opponent with one hand.
- Pummel: Waluigi knocks on the opponent's head.
- Forward Throw: Waluigi lobs the opponent forwards with his tennis racket.
- Back Throw: Waluigi tosses his opponent behind him before giving them a kick in the rear.
- Up Throw: Waluigi tosses his opponent into the air before uppercutting them, as if he were hitting a Dice Block from Mario Party.
- Down Throw: Waluigi tosses his foe to the floor before whacking them with a golf club.
Waluigi's specials are where things get REALLY wacky.
Animations / Cosmetics
- Netural Special: Serve / Liar Ball
- If you simply press the special button, Waluigi tosses a tennis ball into the air. While the ball is airborne, hitting any button will cause Waluigi to swing his racket, being able to serve the ball in different arcs depending on your timing. The closer the ball is to the center of the racket, the more speed and power the ball will gain. After serving it, the ball becomes capable of damaging opponents and bouncing off most surfaces, only despawning once it goes off-stage, Waluigi gets KO'd, or after some time.
- If you hold the button, the move changes into the Liar Ball, inspired by Waluigi's Star Skill from Mario Superstar Baseball. While Waluigi serving this special ball works in the same way as the normal ball, it will not bounce at all. Instead, upon contact with anything, the ball suddenly expands into a poisonous cloud, similar to Piranha Plant's Side Special.
- If you use the Neutral Special while either ball is out, Waluigi performs a faster, but much weaker version of his F-Smash, perfect for returning served balls.
- Side Special: Swimming Return
- Waluigi performs five breaststrokes in the air, being able to turn in any 90 degree angle inbetween strokes. In essence, it's a weaker, slower version of Sora's Sonic Blade without the lock-on functionality. However, Waluigi can also cancel the move at any time between strokes with an aerial or jump, giving him some mix-up potential.
- This move is inspired by Waluigi's Defensive Power Shot in Mario Power Tennis.
- Up Special: Whirluigi
- Waluigi performs his Offensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis, tucking his leg behind his back and spinning. While spinning, he can ascend upwards in a curved trajectory before entering freefall. While it isn't the best recovery option, it can hit the opponent multiple times. In addition, it can also reflect projectiles as a nod to the move's original purpose.
- Down Special: Dice Block
- Waluigi, being the cheater that he is, attempts to rig the odds in his favor with the help of a Dice Block from Mario Party. After a short wind-up, he hits the block above his head, after which a number between 1 and 10 will appear, determining the outcome of the move much like Mr. Game & Watch's Judge. However, there is a short cooldown inbetween hitting the block and being able to use it again.
- 1 - Waluigi is put into a dizzy state.
- 2 - Waluigi is made tiny, as if he were hit by a Poison Mushroom.
- 3 - Nothing happens at all.
- 4 - Waluigi has recoil damage applied to him.
- 5 - Waluigi gains a Timer effect, slowing him down.
- 6 - Waluigi gains a Green Shell.
- 7 - Waluigi gains a Blue Shell.
- 8 - Waluigi turns giant, as if he recieved a Super Mushroom.
- 9 - Waluigi's mobility is increased for a short period.
- 10 - Waluigi becomes invincible.
- Final Smash: Zone Speed
- Waluigi dashes forwards, trapping hit opponents in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts Waluigi activating Zone Speed from Mario Tennis Aces (for a bonus reference, this could be indicated by his eyes flashing purple ala the original Mario Tennis, Waluigi's debut title), slowing his foes to a crawl before he volleys several tennis balls at them, with a basketball and soccer ball from the Strikers games making brief cameos as well. The cinematic ends with Waluigi lobbing a Bob-Omb at the opponents, posing for the camera as the explosion deals one final blow to his foes before launching them back into the stage.
- 1: Waluigi dons his regular plumber attire.
- 2: Waluigi dons his tennis garb from Mario Tennis Aces.
- 3: Waluigi's plumber outfit with his purple hat and shirt turning green, referencing Luigi.
- 4: Waluigi's tennis outfit with his purple visor and shirt turning blue, resembling his sprite from the Game Boy Color version of Mario Tennis.
- 5: Waluigi's plumber outfit with his hat and shirt turning yellow, referencing Wario.
- 6: Waluigi's tennis outfit with his visor and shirt becoming white with gray stripes, resembling his appearance in Mario Golf: Super Rush.
- 7: Waluigi's plumber outfit with his shirt becoming white, with the addition of his hat and pants becoming red. This resembles his Bus Driver costume from Mario Kart Tour.
- 8: Waluigi's tennis outfit with his visor and shirt becoming black, resembling a referee's uniform. Ironic, given Waluigi's cheating ways.
- Stage Intro
- Waluigi rides in on the Standard Kart from the Mario Kart games, paralleling Wario's entrance animation.
- Idle Animations
- Waluigi twirls his moustache.
- Waluigi points forwards, beckoning the opponent.
- Up: Waluigi cackles.
- Side: Waluigi pulls out a rose before throwing it forwards. This move can deal miniscule non-flinching damage.
- Down: Waluigi performs the crotch chop from Mario Strikers Charged (vulgar, yes, but iconic to his character) while spouting a random line which either praises himself or mocking his opponents.
- Victory Animations
- Waluigi tosses a rose into the air before spinning around and posing, catching the rose in his mouth. This is a mixture of his eagle animation from Mario Golf: World Tour and his first-place animation from Super Mario Party and Mario Party Superstars.
- Waluigi points and laughs at the camera, being a parallel to one of Wario's victory animations.
- Waluigi moonwalks into view before performing a pose.
- Victory Theme: Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart DS (link to SSF2 remix).
- Misc. Animations
- Waluigi's roll would be a moonwalk.
- Waluigi's airdodge would be a quick breaststroke, another reference to the Swimming Return.
- Waluigi's losing animation would have him slowly clap for the winner, a peeved expression on his face.
Oh, right, my bad. I'll resubmit the animations/alts/what have you once we get there.I am not currently looking for animations or cosmetics (I hope to handle them similarly to how they're handled in Infinite), however the rest of the moveset will be accepted as a submission.
I can't access the link because of parental block - though I did find the moveset on Google images, so if you copy and paste the explanation into spoilers it should be fine.Can I submit this for Geno?
Newcomer Geno by evilwaluigi on DeviantArt
We can ignore the colors and stages for now...the description has the explanations for how the specials work.
Thank you for providing the Geno movesetNeutral Special – GENO BEAM - Pressing "B", will cause Geno to perform the special move: Geno Beam. A chargeable attack, holding down the "B" button will cause Red Stars to appear over Geno's Head. Releasing "B" will cause Geno's arm to transform into a sort of cannon and fire a straight beam of energy across the stage. This beam will be bigger and deal more DMG to foes with the more Red Stars that appear over Geno's head. The Max number of stars is 3. If players overcharge the Geno Beam (by charging it longer than 2 stars) its attacking power will be reduced and the beam will appear smaller than it does when charged at 1 Red Star. On that note, the Geno Beam must be charged at least to one star before firing.
Side Special – GENO WHIRL - Pressing "B" while also holding "left" or "right" on the directional pad, will cause Geno to perform the special move: Geno Whirl. Geno tucks one arm under his cape and thrusts his hand forward as he throws a flying disk made of yellow energy at his foes. The closer a foe is the weaker this attack is- but the further away the target is the more powerful the attack is. There is a 1 in 777 chance that when Geno Whirl strikes a foe it will cause massive DMG resulting in "9999" to appear above the foes head before they are dealt devastating DMG & knock back, a sure fire 1 hit KO.
DMG: 15%-25% / 999%
Down Special – GENO BLAST - Pressing "B" while also holding "down" on the directional pad, will cause Geno to perform the special move: Geno Blast. A chargeable attack, Geno holds his arms up as this move is being charged. Over his head Red Stars appear while sparkles of energy rise from the ground around him. when "B" is released the sparkles that have floated from beneath him and into the sky rush into him. Geno then send a thin beam into the air- this beam will deal DMG to anyone who touches it, the beam vanishes at a certain point. Geno then suddenly throws his hands down, bending over slightly. Then at the point where the beam vanished, comes several beams of colored lights- a battling borealis- slamming down into the area below! these beams of light deal racking DMG to anyone within its pillar- they cannot pass through platforms. Power and the number of pillars depends on how long the attack was charged for. max number of stars is 3, over charging the attack will result in Geno only firing the thin beam of energy into the air resulting in no additional pillars of light.
DMG: 4% (thin beam) 3%-22% (light beam)
Up Special – GENO BOOST - Pressing "B" while also holding "up" on the directional pad, will cause Geno to perform the special move: Geno Boost.
Using his magic, Geno attempts to boost his power. Geno raises his arms above his head and several red arrows appear and fly upward around him lifting him into the air. This deals no DMG, but if Geno reaches the zenith of this special move uninterrupted, the words: ATK UP will hover over his head this will boost all of his attacks by X0.5. This move cannot stack. Also if the player pressed "B" at the exact moment when all the arrows have vanished and before the "ATK UP" text is displayed, Geno will flash with energy in the shape of a red star- any opponent who touches this will recive the text "DEF DOWN" above them, all attacks will now deal double what they would. these effects last for about 30 seconds.
Final Smash – GENO FLASH - After Obtaining the Smash Ball and pressing "B", soft yellow light rises from beneath Geno, and then he flips into the foreground transforming himself into a "Geno-Cannon!" a cross hair appears and over the cannon Red Stars begin to appear. players can press "B" to fire the cannon at the stage causing Geno to fire a small ball of energy at the stage- once it reaches its target it will grow bigger and bigger - a small face appears and looks around before turning determined as it detonates with a huge explosion! Anyone caught in the Flash, will receive racking DMG like they were caught in a Smart Bomb. When the flash does detonate, it will cause big DMG and huge knock back. Geno has enough power with the smash ball to fire three shots from the cannon. it is however recommended that you wait until 3 red stars have appeared over the cannon to fire as it will deal more DMG and be much larger than simply button mashing. however if you over charge the cannon you will loose a shot with it. After the third shot has been fired and the explosion set off the Cannon will twirl around, transforming back to Geno and he returns to the stage.
DMG: 5%-33% (Racking DMG from flash) 26% (flash explosion)
Kirby Hat - When Kirby swallows Geno, Kirby will gain a replica of Geno's cap while also gaining the Geno Beam Ability.
Also, I'm gonna submit a stage reskin
View attachment 344466 ->View attachment 344468
Peach's Birthday Cake!
The main platform is a large cake, and the floating platforms are eclairs. Randall the Cloud is replaced with a floating ball of pudding attached to tracks. The Shy Guys are removed, but is anyone honestly gonna miss them?
Yes, that would be fine, as would something like changing an 8-bit Mushroom Kingdom stage to an 8-bit underwater/underground/castle, or changing a Yoshi's Story stage to a different location from the same gameCould I submit another Mario Kart stage to replace one of the other Mario Kart stages? Or would that be too redundant?
I personally feel Mario Kart Stadium is visually and thematically distinct enough from Mario/Figure-8 Circuit to qualify, but it's your choiceI've decided to skip out on submitting. Mario Kart Stadium is pretty much a stealthy Mario Circuit. Definitely excited for the ATs, though
Takes place on the pirate ship. The cannons act as hazards. Krow will swoop onto the stage, attempting to scoop up the fighters up.