• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection! (Updates every weekend)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Another 4 SMB achivements
  1. Right On! - Complete any stage without releasing the right button
  2. Super Subtractor - Visit the Minus World
  3. Stunt Double - Clear the game as Luigi.
  4. Hero from a Half-Shell - Get a 1-Up with a Koopa Shell (be that through hitting consecutive enemies or just jumping over and over)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Seems like we've got a lot of Resident Evil submissions so far, so I'll forgo my original plan of submitting the original game.

Horror Game - The Last Of Us: Part I

The Last of Us is a survival-horror action-adventure title from Naughty Dog. Words cannot possibly do this game justice, but since this is a creation thread, I'll do my best.

You play as Joel, a man with a dark past, who travels across a post-zombie-apocalyptic United States. He does this to transfer a young girl named Ellie, who has an immunity to the zombie infection, to scientists who may be able to replicate her ability and create a cure. TLoU features tense resource conservation, both stealth and action combat, realistic dialogue, breathtaking visuals and a plot that both unites and sparks debate among its fans to this day, almost ten years later. In that time period TLoU has recieved countless awards, gotten a remaster and a remake, a sequel, and a TV show. Oh yeah, and speaking of the remake, that's the version we'll be using for the collection if it wins. It's simply the better version in every way - more accessibility options, improved visuals (especially in facial animation), higher difficulty options made available, and even high-quality haptic feedback.
Some might say this doesn't count as a horror game. But in fact, TLoU is a really scary game, just not in a conventional way. It's a horrifying example of human nature, it's got tense moments both in gameplay and outside of it, and there are quite a few good jumpscares. Plus, while the gore isn't excessive, what gore is there will make your skin crawl no matter how high your endurance of such stuff.

All in all, The Last of Us is an essential addition to this collection, as a horror game, a video game, a work of art, and a profound experience.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Thanks for the spooky submissions everyone! We are at a slight delay due to my internet troubles, so sorry about that. Here are the submissions!

Pac-Man ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
3D Monster Maze ( FazDude FazDude )
Resident Evil III ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Silent Hill 2 ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
House of the Dead ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Fatal Frame II ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Resident Evil 4 (@Darkonedagger )
Five Nights At Freddy's ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Resident Evil VII ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
The Last Of Us: Part I (me)

As usual, you may vote for your top 3.

1. Fatal Frame II
2. Resident Evil 4
3. TLOU

A HUGE thank you to AlteredBeast, Wario Wario Wario, Champion Of Hyrule, FazDude, and Dan Quixote for achievment submissions! I don't have the time to type them all out at the moment, but I'll certainly add them to the front page this week.

Additionally, congrats to Champion of Hyrule, because we'll be including Street Fighter II: The World Warrior in the collection!

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Since I was absent so long, Achievment submissions for Final Fantasy VII and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior are now open a bit early!

Like last time, I've prepared five of my own for each to start us out. Since these games have plenty of achievements in various rereleases, and plenty of games will going forward, you are fully allowed and encouraged to take inspiration from or copy/paste existing achievments for games (since I'm inexperienced with FFVII myself, I actually did it for most of the ones I wrote).

1. Limits were meant to be broken! - Use a limit break against a foe.
2. Thanks, but no thanks - Respond to a character with "not interested."
3. Enter AVALANCHE - Take down the first Mako Reactor.
4. Divine Intervention - Use a summon Materia in battle.
5. Best Bromance - Go on a date with Barrett.

1. Surging Fist - Use the secret Hadouken technique.
2. Tornado Kick - Use the hidden Tatsumaki technique.
3. Dragon Punch - Use the legendary Shoryuken technique.
4. Right back 'atcha - Parry an attack.
5. But who's Sheng Long? - Lose to Ryu in Arcade mode.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Five Nights At Freddy's

Honorable mention:The Last of Us Part 1 (if was TLoU of PS3,the original,i can put it on my top 3 vote,The Last of Us Part 1 is just a cashgrab remake of a 2013 game)

FazDude

Smash Master
SF2 Achievements:
  • YES! YES!: Defeat M. Bison as any character.
  • The True World Warrior: Defeat M. Bison as all characters.
  • That'll Leave A Mark!: KO Sagat as Ryu using a Shoryuken. (This one's a small nod to Sagat getting his chest scar after being Shoryuken'd by Ryu in SF1.)
  • Seasoned Street Fighter: Land every move in the game across all playable characters at least once.
  • The Bestest Ken Player Ever: Win a fight as Ken while only using Shoryuken.
I was also thinking of including an achievement for a successful completion of the "Sheng Long route", but I'm not a psychopath.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I do not have any ideas for achievements for Final Fantasy VII but...

Street Fighter 2 Achievements:

Super Grappler: As Zangief, do 5 command grabs in a match.
Parrying Practice Pro: As Ken, parry every time you get attacked in a match.
The World Warrior: Complete Arcade Mode with Ryu.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Honorable mention:The Last of Us Part 1 (if was TLoU of PS3,the original,i can put it on my top 3 vote,The Last of Us Part 1 is just a cashgrab remake of a 2013 game)
The reason I went with the remake over the original is because it's objectively the definitive edition of the game. I haven't even played it (since I don't have $70 lying around) but I felt like whoever picks up this collection should be entitled to the best possible versions of every game included. Already cited multiple reasons why I chose it in my submission. Whether its a neccessary remake, or if it's worth the money, is another discussion altogether, but I do think it's a tad disrespectful to the devs to call the remake an outright cashgrab.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, SMB currently has 28 achievments, counting the automatic "beat the game" and "100% the game" ones. I'd like for it to be at a round number, so would you guys prefer me just adding extras for games that don't come to a multiple of 5 for achievments, or should we open up extra achievments as a "first come, first serve" type of job?

FazDude

Smash Master
So, SMB currently has 28 achievments, counting the automatic "beat the game" and "100% the game" ones. I'd like for it to be at a round number, so would you guys prefer me just adding extras for games that don't come to a multiple of 5 for achievments, or should we open up extra achievments as a "first come, first serve" type of job?
I think having "first come, first serve" jobs would be fun, but honestly, I could swing either way.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
1. RE4
2. House of the Dead
3. FNAF

Street Fighter II achivements:
1. You’re Not Going Anywhere: destroy the car in the car smash bonus game
2. High Voltage: KO someone with Blanka’s electric thunder attack
3. Better Than Jumpman: Destroy all barrels in the barrel smash mini game
4. No One Is Safe!: Have a double KO occur on a match

FF7 achivements:
1. Nailed It: Be chosen by Don Corneo
2. King Arthur: Get the Knights of the Round summon
3. Out of Commision: Defeat any of the Weapon superbosses
4. Intergrade: Get Yuffie in your party
5. Dirge of Cerberus: Get Vincent in your party

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This game better have restore points or something to make the achivements actually bearable lol
Yeah, at least in my vision this game will have all of the streamlined interface of your average official game collection, but all of the cool stuff from unofficial ones like multiple save states, fast forward and rewind, pause and play, all that jazz.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Yeah, at least in my vision this game will have all of the streamlined interface of your average official game collection, but all of the cool stuff from unofficial ones like multiple save states, fast forward and rewind, pause and play, all that jazz.
Wait like even the modern games?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
5 FF7 achivements, 4 copied straight from the official achivements
  1. Failure IS An Option - Have your whole party fall in battle
  2. Chocochampion - Win the Chocobo Racing mini-game
  3. Corel Champion - Score 10,050 points or more in G-Bike at the Gold Saucer
  4. Materia Mastermind - Raise a Materia to Lv. 5
  5. Maximum Immersion - Name your protagonist anything other than "Cloud"

Also 2 extra SF2 achivements
  1. First Fights - Win the Arcade Mode with the easiest difficulty
  2. Getting Clocky - Win via a time out

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Voting ends in three hours!!

Wait like even the modern games?
Yeah. The only situation where I would see it being not available is in (potential) online play or leaderboards. But like I said, it's just according to my vision, and I probably won't have any jobs about it, so you can imagine the emulation benefits of the game however you'd like.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Yeah. The only situation where I would see it being not available is in (potential) online play or leaderboards. But like I said, it's just according to my vision, and I probably won't have any jobs about it, so you can imagine the emulation benefits of the game however you'd like.
I will now be envisioning this collection to include AVGN’s Beat-a-Game Button. You can’t stop me.

(context, has naughty language)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pac-Man: 7
3D Monster Maze: 8
Resident Evil III: 2
Silent Hill 2: 9
House of the Dead: 6
Fatal Frame II: 4
Resident Evil 4: 21
Five Nights At Freddy's: 10
Resident Evil VII: 0
The Last Of Us: Part I: 8

The winner is Resident Evil 4, submitted by @Darkonedagger ! Congrats to them for getting their submission in!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 8: Submit a puzzle game!

Pretty self-explanatory here! Which is good, because it's a genre that's sorta hard to put into words. Submit a game which specializes in brain teasers and whatnot.

JOB 10: Submit an atmosphere/asthetic for the game!

Alright, so this one is definitely not as self-explanatory, but it is extremely important. Basically, what do we want this game collection to feel like outside of the games? The box art, the menus, that kinda stuff - what will it look like? You can describe your ideas in terms of themes, colors, unique features, anything. Go full creative mode here. Or if there's something you want to use as an example of what the menus would look like, use it! Like if you want to have an interdimensional space-y theme with a focus on purple, you can use images of something like Project M to explain what you're going for. My only rule for this job is, try not to make it your ideas start detailing collectibles, modes, achievment rewards, and other features that we might want to have jobs for later on.

That's all for this week! I'm making it smaller than usual both due to the horror game job's delay and because job 10 is a really big one.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Puzzle game: Chip's Challenge

Bummer.

Aesthetic: MvTI (Multiversal Travel Institute)

This menu would take place inside a dark but neon-lit laboratory, with heavy cues taken from the Xbox - you can see windows into the galaxies and a variety of machines creating vague objects which lightup the otherwise black void. There is also fog like the Xbox startup. By default the colour scheme slowly shifts through the colours of the rainbow like a gaming keyboard, but when visiting a game-specific sub menu the colour will change depending on the manufacturer of the console being emulated. If a game's ports are identical (same music, same balancing, same graphics, e.t.c.) it will randomly choose one of the hardware manufacturers it's on, unless it was a timed exclusive or is commonly associated with a single platform. (for example Tomb Raider being seen as a PlayStation game despite also being on Saturn) Additionally, IP ownership supercedes console of release - so Banjo-Kazooie would be considered an Xbox game and Sonic Mania a Sega game for example.
  1. Xbox - Green
  2. Nintendo - Red
  3. PlayStation - Dark Blue
  4. Sega - Orange
  5. 1995 to present day PC - Pink
  6. Pre-1995 computers - White
  7. Atari - Brown
  8. SNK - Yellow
  9. Arcade - Purple
  10. Others - Cyan
The background music is Space Debris by Captain.

Last edited:
Tetris
1665503234926.png
Tetris is a puzzle game made by Alexey Pajitnow in 1984 and it's about dropping tetrominos on each other. If you put tetrominos in the same line, then they disappear. The gameplay is simple.

It would be based on this version shown on this picture. You can just change it's versions from OG one to GB one to modern one.

I nominate tetris because it's one of recognizable games of all time and it caused a revolution of puzzle games like Puyo Puyo for example.

Top Bottom