• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. God of War
2. Plants Vs. Zombies
3. Rayman 2
4. Mortal Kombat
5. Mega Man 2

Donkey Kong Country archievements

Oh,Banana!: get 100 Bananas of the game
The Only Primate: complete a level without break a DK barrel
Jungle Rider: complete a level without lose an animal buddy
It's Other Animals' Turn: get all the three golden animal buddies and play the animal buddy bonus

Donkey Kong Country menu music

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
dkc
  1. Faster than Cranky - Clear a stage as Diddy without ever not rolling.
  2. You are STUPID! Yes, it's insulting, but it's also the truth. - Die immediately after the "credits"
  3. Eroded Toad - Clear Winky's Walkway without using Winky

Pong
  1. Tiebreaker - Win the game while the opponent is at 19 score
  2. On a Roll - Have the ball slide along the bottom or top of the field

FazDude

Smash Master
DKC Achievements
  1. What Did You Expect?: Check the banana hoard in the first level.
  2. Donkey Konga: Defeat an enemy with the Hand Slap.
  3. You're Only Reading These Because You're Bored!: Prompt 25 Cranky messages in one visit to Cranky's Cabin (the messages don't have to be unique).
  4. Pirate's Scorn: Defeat King K. Rool without taking a single hit.
  5. Disrespecting Your Elders: Beat the game in under an hour without losing a single life.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
For content I’ll submit:
1. Cranky Kong
2. Enguarde
3. Kritter
4. Klump
5. Funky Kong

1. Kongstoppable: Get 99 lives
2. Cold Shoulder For The Hoarder: Beat any boss without taking damage
3. Back on the Back: Get knocked off rambi then go back on him
4. Maximum Barrel Efficency: Beat any barrel level without spinning 360 degrees in a barrel (unless necessary)
5. Saunter Kong: Beat a level without rolling or running

1. Tennis Expert: Play 50 games against friends
2. Tennis Menace: Play 100 games against friends
3. Long Pong: Take 20 minutes or more to finish a game
4. Practice Against The Wall: Play a match against a player who never moves their paddle
5. Murdered From The Corner: Keep your paddle at the very top or bottom of the screen for more than 90% of a game’s run time but win anyways.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Hate this round cuz choosing my fav picks here is way too hard 😭

1. World of Warcraft
2. Dark Souls
3. Dragon Quest III
4. The Secret of Monkey Island
5. Mega Man 2
Pong figures:
1. Pong paddle
2. Ball (Depicted as small white cube)
3. Pong Arcade machine (Is it allowed?)
Wanna say that the arcade machine should totes be allowed because the trackball control is iconic.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
1. Dragon Quest III
2. The Secret of Monkey Island
3. World of Warcraft
4. Plants vs. Zombies
5. Nier: Automata

D

Deleted member

1. Dark Souls
2. Nier Automata
3. Dragon Quest 3
4. Monkey Island
5. WOW

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Submit A Game With A Female Lead

For this job we’re submitting games with female leads or games with female characters that are essentially the “face” of the game. Games with customizable characters that can be female won’t be eligible (later on I might have a job for games with customizable characters, though.) Please submit the game and why it should be added to this collection

Submit Boxart For This Game

I thought I’d do something fun so for this job you can make and submit box art for this game! You can photoshop, draw, or use other means to draw a potential box art for this game showcasing what it’s all about. This is mostly just for fun so we wont vote on submissions at the end and I will put all of them on the front page.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Game with a female lead:Metroid

270px-Metroid_capa.png

Metroid is an Action-Adventure game developed and published by Nintendo,in this game,the player controls Samus,a bounty hunter that is on a planet called Zebes to retrieve a Metroid that was stolen by space pirates.

This game is literaly one of first female characters that gained a popularity,Samus is not the first female character,but she's the most iconic.

Box art submission

The Box Art is very simple Box Art of the "The Ultimate Game Collection" Logo and behind the logo are a lot of screenshots of the games that are in the collection

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Game with a female lead:Metroid

View attachment 371211

Metroid is an Action-Adventure game developed and published by Nintendo,in this game,the player controls Samus,a bounty hunter that is on a planet called Zebes to retrieve a Metroid that was stolen by space pirates.

This game is literaly one of first female characters that gained a popularity,Samus is not the first female character,but she's the most iconic.

Box art submission

The Box Art is very simple Box Art of the "The Ultimate Game Collection" Logo and behind the logo are a lot of screenshots of the games that are in the collection
We’re only submitting actual art pieces not just descriptions of the boxart

Female lead game submission:
Tomb Raider (1996 - PC, Eidos Interactive)
1682277468255.png
Tomb Raider is a action-adventure video game made by CORE Design (British game studio) and published by Eidos Interactive and it's about Lara Croft, an archeologist who is hired by businesswoman Jacqueline Natla to find an artefact called the Scion of Atlantis. Gameplay features Lara navigating levels split into multiple areas and room complexes while fighting enemies and solving puzzles to progress.
This game really became a huge success due to it's gameplay and choice for a protagonist, which it was a woman (she is one of most known video game female protags of all time).

I think that Tomb Raider (1996) deserves to be added to this video game collection due to being insanely popular game that started the eponymous franchise on very high note. Plus Lara Croft is considered as one of most iconic female characters from video game history.

Also we don't have a game that comes from Embracer Group in this collection.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit a game at some point but first I’ll submit some profiles since there are a lot of games without them
Halo: Combat Evolved
The first entry in the Halo series was released in 2001 and tells the story of the war between humans and an evil alien enemy known as the Covenant, bent on destroying humanity. As a secret weapon humanity awakens Master Chief, a man dressed in ultra powerful space armour with the simple goal of taking back earth. Halo wowed audiences with quick first person shooter combat using a variety of weapons of both the human and alien variety, huge maps, and intelligent enemy AI design. Halo helped put the Xbox system on the map and is still known as one of Xbox Game Studios’s biggest franchises.

The Last of Us
The Last of Us is an (until now) PlayStation exclusive video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It features an emotional, gruelling narrative set 20 years into an apocalypse with Joel Miller, a morally ambiguous Texan who lost his daughter 20 years ago and is now simply trying to surivive in the world. He takes care of a 14 year old girl named Ellie Williams who he ends up finding and acts like a father figure to her. They travel the United States to try and search for a cure to the virus ravaging the world, or at least something to make life better. The game features third person shooter gameplay focused on stealth and avoidance of enemies as well as teamwork with partner characters. It’s tense to match the situation out characters are in and the stress of enduring and surviving every day. The Last of Us continues to show how emotional narratives can exist in video games and has convinced many people of the emotional power of the medium in a genre with a stigma that it’s for kids. The Last of Us even went onto recieve a television adaptation on HBO which was received extremely well.

Yakuza 0
In the long running and iconic Yakuza franchise, Yakuza 0 is the first title chronologically and a prequel that serves as the best way to start the series. It features two interconnected stories in the undergrounds of Tokyo and Osaka about the inner workings and harsh realities of the Japanese Yakuza life during the economic bubble. Our two protagonists are Kazuma Kiryu, a Yakuza falsely accused of killing a man and Goro Majima, a former Yakuza who now runs a night club. Both of their tales get worse due to a simple desire of a Yakuza clan: to get a piece of empty land worth millions of yen. The game is a brawler with four styles to choose between for both Kiryu and Majima and you can even pick up items such as bicycles, signs and benches to fight with. Lest you think this game is 100% serious, all the time, the game also has numerous side activities such as karaoke, pool, darts, real estate management and side quests that can get… weird, to say the least. These tonal shifts between the serious and ridiculous are what Yakuza is all about and a big reason why they’re very popular today.

Action figure submission:
Outrun:

Outrun Arcade cabinet

Pac-Man:
Pac-Man arcade cabinet

Frogger:
Frogger arcade cabinet

Street fighter II:
1. Lexus LS400/Toyota Celsior/Bonus stage car
2. Street Fighter II arcade cabinet

MvC2:
1. Thanos
2. SonSon
3. Servbot
5. MvC2 arcade cabinet

Space Invaders:
1. Space Invaders arcade cabinet

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My submission will be Final Fantasy VI

So technically Terra isn’t the only protagonist but she’s the most well known protagonist and most people just consider her the protagonist of the game so it’d count here. Final Fantasy 6 was a huge influence on FF7 and its narrative (and I don’t think I need to explain how influential that game was) and is often considered the best of the classic Final Fantasy games, or at least the one that can best introduce the genre to newcomers.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Silent Hill 3

Praised for its presentation, including the environments, graphics and audio, as well as the overall horror elements and themes that are continued from past installments. The game was loosely made into a movie. Heather Mason made an appearance in Dead by Daylight with Pyramid Head, the main antagonist of the series. People would also like a comeback with the franchise, as it is long dormant.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh hey, I can reuse one of my better suggestions from the original thread for this!

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly

View attachment 361737

The Fatal Frame series is one of the most unique and enduring franchises in horror game history. There's often a discussion in horror media about the value of jumpscares versus suspenseful scares. Obviously, a more subtle moment of instilling fear in a viewer/player is seen as more respectable and clever, but a sudden serial killer running at you with a violin sting playing in the background is incredibly enthralling and important to the history of the genre. I pick Fatal Frame II because the Fatal Frame series provides both of those kinds of scares masterfully, with the creepy, haunted, abandoned settings and the attacking ghosts. The photography gameplay element is a bonus because of how unique it is in the genre, influencing a lot of first-person POV horror games for years to come. Fatal Frame II is usually considered the best in the series, so I went with that one for this job, but I'd be satisfied with any of the games in the series making the eventual final list.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the wildcard job voting:
Mega Man 2 2
Dragon Quest III 26
Lemmings 0
Mortal Kombat 2
The Simpsons 1
The Secret of Monkey Island 5
Super Bomberman 4
Rayman 2
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 3
World of Warcraft 10
God of War 18
Kirby Super Star Ultra 4
The Sims 3 4
Dark Souls 9
Plants Vs. Zombies 10
Persona 4 Golden 0
Mass Effect 2 4
Nier Automata 8
BlazBlue: Central Fiction 0

So Dragon Quest III, God of War, Plants Vs. Zombies and World of Warcraft will be added! Content for all games are open. Here are the options for games with female characters:
Metroid ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Final Fantasy VI ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Tomb Raider ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote
Silent Hill 3 ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Nier Automata ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )

So please vote for your top three or two most wanted options in order. Your own submission can’t be in first.
My votes:
  1. Silent Hill
  2. FF6
  3. Fatal Frame 2

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Tomb Raider
3. Nier Automata

Honorable mentions to Silent Hill 3 and Metroid (NES).

As for God of War (2005) achievements:
1. The TRUE god of war: Complete the game on God mode without any deaths or damage.
2. The artifacts from ancient greece: Get all the collectibles in the game.
3. The god of love, not war: Beat the game without killing the enemies (unless necessary)
4. The Kratos's heel: Die in the game.
5. Faster than Hermes: Beat a level in short amount of time.

PVZ achievements:
1. Braindead-style lawnmover death: Let the zombies die by a lawnmover.
2. I'm not gonna use this as a weapon: Beat the game without letting a zombie die by a lawnmover.
3. The pea armada: Beat the game with using only peashooter and it's other variants (excluding night levels due to usage of mushrooms).
4. This wall drives me nuts: Fill 2 vertical lines with wallnuts or it's other variants.
5. Solar-powered farm: Fill or 2 or more vertical lines with sunflower (or it's double variant).

Last edited:
Dragon quest III action figures:
1. Erdrick
2. Himiko
3. Zoma
4. Slime
5. Ortega

God of War (2005) figures:
1. Kratos (Greek era incarnation)
2. Athena
3. Ares
4. Hydra
5. Poseidon

Plants VS Zombies action figures:
1. Peashooter
2. Sunflower
3. Crazy Dave
4. Zombie
5. Dr. Zomboss

World of Warcraft action figures:
1. Thrall
2. Arthas
3. Lich King
4. Sylvanas Windrunner
5. Jaina Proudmoore

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Sorry if this is sudden but just for this week I think I’ll put the thread on break. We added a lot of games so I think it would make sense to give some more time for those games’ contents and this week will be very busy for me so I'll make this a break week. Next jobs will start the next weekend.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit some action figures and achievements:
1. Metal Slime
2. Crabid
3. Maris
4. Stella
5. Raido

1. Calliope
2. Boat Captain
3. Aphrodite
4. Grave Digger
5. Artemis

1. Wallnut
2. Potato Mine
3. Chomper
4. Gargantuar & Imp
5. Melon-pult

(more to come later)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
God of War archievements

Fast Brutal Killer: complete all the quick time event parts without miss the buttons
Bloody Spartan: kill 1,000 enemies

Plants Vs. Zombies archievements

Lazy Survivor: do a zombie to gen run over by a lawn mower
Garden Warfare: get all the plants of the game and complete the almanac of the plants
Zombie Expert: complete the almanac of all the zombies
Buying Green: buy a plant on Crazy Dave's shop

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Here are the results of the female character votes:
Metroid 2
Final Fantasy VI 16
Tomb Raider 19
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly 4
Silent Hill 3 6
Nier Automata 4

So Tomb Raider will be added as our next game! Content for this game is now open. Jobs to come tomorrow.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Submit A Game That Heavily Uses Music

I didn’t want to have a job specifically for rhythm games so instead I’ll have one that can be a rhythm game or something else where music is heavily involved in the game. I know this applies to a lot of games, so this will only apply to games where there’s a special narrative or gameplay importance to music. For example, Earthbound would be an example of an eligible game since a lot of the plot hinges of Ness collecting music. Something like Super Mario Bros. wouldn’t be eligible.

Submit An Atmosphere Heavy Game

A lot of games heavily use atmosphere for gameplay or narrative purpose and so will be a job for those. This is a really subjective category so I might have to be strict with this one, it has to be a game that consistently makes a deliberate effort to have a unique atmosphere throughout most of the game. Again, really subjective category but if the game has slow, methodical segments meant to show the games world it’ll be eligible.

Top Bottom