• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Pack In: Duck Hunt

Popularized shooters even before Doom and Halo.

Milestone: Tomb Raider (1996)

Popularized elements seen in later games like Uncharted and Prince of Persia.
One of the most well known female video game characters.
I think Tomb Raider might not count unless you can find another milestone since it wasn’t the first game with a female character, and this job is more for games that were the first to do something

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I probably won't have time to update this tomorrow so I'll end the job and voting today. Here are the results of the region exclusive and franchise starter job voting:
S.Q.I.J! 3
I.M. Meen 5
Tokimeki Memorial 29
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 12
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War 9
Super Bomberman 4 14
Mortal Kombat 11 9
Super Robot Wars T 9

Castlevania 16
The Secret of Monkey Island 9
Mega Man X 7
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 8
PaRappa the Rapper 12
Animal Crossing 3
Devil May Cry
God of War 10
Angry Birds 17

So Tokimeki Memorial and Angry Birds will be our next games! Content for both titles are now open.

Here are the options for pack-in and milestone titles. Please just vote for your top three for each this time. Your own submission can’t be in first.
Pack-In
Combat ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Donkey Kong ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Duck Hunt ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Altered Beast ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Donkey Kong Country ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Tiger Handheld Wheel of Fortune ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )

Milestone
Pong ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Chrono Trigger ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Tomb Raider ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Phantasy Star Online ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Guitar Hero ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

My votes:
  1. Donkey Kong Country
  2. Altered Beast
  3. Combat

1. Pong
  2. Chrono Trigger
  3. Phantasy Star Online

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Angry Birds
  1. You Know Hoot - Clear a stage with a single bird
  2. The Folk Behind the Yolk - Collect the golden egg in the credits.
  3. The Caw of the Sun - Hit a piece of a structure with a bird that has flew off the top of the screen.
  4. Talk the Talk, Hawk the Hawk - Use the Mighty Eagle

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Angry Birds Action Figures (their designs are based on Angry Birds Toons)

Red
Chuck
Bomb
Blues (Jay,Jake & Jim)
Matilda

Angry Birds Archievements

Star Perfectionist: Complete all the levels getting 3 stars
The Last Shot: Complete a level with a last bird

Angry Birds Music Menu

Last edited:
Angry birds achievements:
1. Where are you aiming at?: Launch all your birds while not trying to knock the building.
2. Why do birds fly fast?: Complete a level in short time.
3. Double deuce: Complete a level with 2 birds.
4. Building breaker: Destroy a building without killing a pig.

FazDude

Smash Master
My votes:
Pack-In
  1. DKC
  2. Combat
  3. Duck Hunt
Milestones
  1. Pong
  2. Guitar Hero
  3. Tomb Raider
Angry Birds Achievements
  • Egg Hunter: Find ten Golden Eggs.
  • Backward Compatibility: Launch a bird towards the left side of the screen.
  • Headpop: Pop a pig by hitting it head-on.
  • Score Addict: Get 25,000,000 points across all levels' highest.
  • Wilhelm Tell: Hit a flying bird with another bird.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tokimeki Action Figures
Shiori Fujisaki
Ayako Katagiri
Yumi Saotome
Mio Kisaragi
Saki Nijino

Achievements
Here Comes the Sun - Go on a Spring date with any girl
Falling for You - Go on a Fall date with any girl
Summer Nights - Go on a Summer Date with any girl
Walking in a Wonderland - Go on a winter date with any girl
Forever with You - Get an ending with any girl

This game has like a billion possible dates and endings so I figured I'd cut it down a bit since we won't get many submissions prolly

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Gonna just add a few angry birds action figures:
1. Hal
2. Terrence
3. Mighty Eagle

And now the next job:
Submit Any Game

Doing a wild card submission this week and a grand total of four games will be added from this job. So you can submit two games you think should be added to the collection. Have fun!

Last edited:
First game:
God of War (Santa Monica studio/Sony - 2005)
1681634196470.png
God of War (2005) is an action-adventure and hack n slash video game made by Santa Monica studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, released on PS2 in 2005.
The game is about Kratos, a spartan warrior who has a vendetta against Greek gods, who didn't cared about him and he started to kill all monsters and gods from Greek mythology throughout the game.

God of War (2005) is considered as one of greatest video games of all time due to it's challenging gameplay, good-written story and even graphics that didn't even age to this day. Plus this game started the franchise on excellent note and it spawned comics and other video games.
Plus this game's popularity caused the series to be flagship franchise of Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Second game:
World of Warcraft
1681634179107.png
World of Warcraft is a MMORPG game made by Blizzard Entertainment in 2004.
The game is set in the Warcraft fantasy universe, World of Warcraft takes place within the world of Azeroth, approximately four years after the events of the previous game in the series, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
This game has also huge amount of expansions that are created to this day.

The gameplay is about controlling your avatar character that does many things like walkinh through various environments, collecting stuff, fighting monster and interacting with NPCs.

WoW is considered as one of the greatest games of all time due to it's gameplay, graphics and huge popularity.
Also this game is considered as one of influencial MMORPG games of all time.

I think we should include a MMORPG game in our collection and WoW is a great candidate for the genre.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Theres a big lack of Kirby on this List so i have the Remedy here:

Kirby Super Star Ultra

The Best Introduction to the kirby Series it even Includes a Reeimagining of Kirbys Dreamland!
Also Has Tons of other Cool Gamemodes aswell as being the progenitor of modern Kirby!
If we can have only one Kirby On this List it Should be This One!

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
First, I'll go with action figures to recent additions and a menu theme/specific lore-based achievement (given how it was almost your main goal in the game, and quite difficult to cause courts too) for Tokimeki Memorial.
  • Angry Birds: Stella, Bubbles
  • Tokimeki Memorial:
    • Action Figures: Naoto Takami (Protagonist), Yoshio Saotome, Megumi Mikihara, Yukari Koshiki, Rei Ijuuin
    • Menu Theme: Just a Few Memories (Sound Collection)
    • Achievement: Childhood Romance - Get an ending with Shiori Fujisaki.
Now, here's both game submissions for the current job (a second may not surprise anyone).

Rayman 2: The Great Escape

• Genre: Action-Adventure & Platformer
  • Company: Ubisoft Entertainment (France)
  • Release Date: October 29th, 1999
Rayman 2: The Great Escape is a 3D platform game created by Ubisoft in 1999 and the sequel to the original 1995 game, which focuses on the title character in his journey to save the Glade of Dreams from an army of robotic pirates led by their evil captain Admiral Razorbeard. The game was critically acclaimed for it's gameplay, accessibility, colourful visuals/graphics, fantasy themes, memorable characters, dynamic level design, dark atmosphere/tone, serious storyline and phenomenal soundtrack, even regarded as one of the best 3D platformers of the 1990's generation alongside Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and many others. It also worked as the main inspiration and big/key influence for Double Fine Productions' video game series Psychonauts and it's 2021 sequel (with Rayman's creator/father, Michel Ancel himself, mentioned in a' "Special Thanks" section of the latter's credits), created by a Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts veteran Tim Schafer (known for games like Monkey Island alongside colleagues Ron Gilbert & Dave Grossman, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Brutal Legend and Broken Age).

Rayman 2 has been released on multiple platforms such as Nintendo 64 (original console), PC/Windows, SEGA Dreamcast, the original PlayStation, Game Boy Color (as Rayman 2 Forever), iOS devices, Nintendo DS (Rayman DS) & 3DS, and finally, PlayStation 2 under the title "Rayman Revolution", which expanded the game with enhanced graphics, new areas (plus a hub world), bosses and mini-games. Each version/port has their own exclusive content and noticeable differences like N64's menu transitions, PC's The Knowledge of the World (that allows you to browse through the lore of Rayman's world), Dreamcast's Globox Village/Isle of Doors/4-player minigames, PS1's Ninjaws boss/a 2D prototype level and afore-mentioned changes/features in Revolution.

If I have to choose for this thread, we'll probably use either the SEGA Dreamcast (which Michel Ancel considered the game's definitive edition) or PlayStation 2 (Revolution) version, with perhaps some elements from other ports being included as additional features (akin to Sheng Long in Street Fighter II: The World Warrior).
The Secret of Monkey Island

• Genre: Graphic Adventure
  • Company: Lucasfilm Games
  • Release Date: October 15th, 1990
The Secret of Monkey Island is the first installment of a eponymous point-and-click graphic adventure video game series, created by Ron Gilbert and published by Lucasfilm Games (a video game subsidiary of Lucasfilm Ltd), releasing on home computers in 1990. The plot focuses on Guybrush Threepwood, a young man who dreams of becoming a swashbuckling "Mighty Pirate" after washing ashore to Melee IslandTM, exploring a few islands while solving various puzzles to succeed in the three trials given to him by pirate leaders and trying to stop the evil undead ghost pirate captain LeChuck from abducting Méléé IslandTM's governor and his love interest, Elaine Marley.

The game is critically-acclaimed and still declared one of the greatest adventure games of all time, all thanks to it's witty comedic humor (especially quotes), memorable characters/puzzles (like insult swordfighting) and a fantastic soundtrack, which all entirely defined/pioneered the genre itself and left such a lasting impact that it's influence has spread throughout the industry, even having been exhibited in the Smithsonian American Art Museum (alongside Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros.). It was referenced in multiple games such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (a Jedi mind trick), Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, The Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, even getting a easter egg in Sea of Thieves (complete with a iconic theme song) through the Pirates of the Caribbean expansion, which speaking of, a cancelled movie adaptation's script was apparently re-used for it's very first film in 2003, The Curse of the Black Pearl.

It also achieved a few sequels over the years like Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991), The Curse of Monkey Island (1997), Escape from Monkey Island (2000), Tales of Monkey Island (2009; by Telltale Games which was founded by former LucasArts employees) and the latest game which acts as the finale story, Return to Monkey Island (2022). Remakes of the first two installments (titled "Special Editions") with a hand-drawn artstyle and voice acting with those returning from Curse and Escape, were also released on PlayStation 3 (can be played on PS4 and PS5 via PlayStation Plus Premium), Xbox 360 (also backwards compatible for Xbox One and Series) and iPhone alongside Microsoft Windows.

For additional features/side content, perhaps we should have those like voice acting from a Special Edition remake released in 2009 (via options; not necessary if you're a 1990's kid), different sound cards (with Roland LAPC-1/MT-32 being a default option) and a hint system for newcomers/beginners, who doesn't have any idea what to do next (even helping with insult sword-fighting by having a marklist for quotes and solutions before facing Carla the Sword Master).
In case, there's future content if any of those two may end up getting in,
Menu Theme: The Hall of Doors/Overworld

Achievements:
Mainly based on the SEGA Dreamcast version, with the second achievement being a example for afore-mentioned content.
  1. The Great Escape - Defeat Admiral Razorbeard and finish the game.
  2. The Heart of the World - Collect all 1000 Yellow Lums and spread your wisdom (Knowledge of the World).
  3. Jailbreaker - Destroy all 80 cages throughout the game.
  4. Who Dares to Wake the Bubble Dreamer? - Retrieve all four magical masks and awake Polokus.
  5. Be Careful What You Wish For - Accept Jano's offer for treasure.
Action Figures:
  1. Rayman (with transparent limbs; if Origins/Legends doesn't get in, we can use his design from that game)
  2. Globox
  3. Walking Shell
  4. Admiral Razorbeard
  5. Ly the Fairy
Menu Theme: SCUMM Bar (Special Edition)

Achievements:
  1. Mighty PirateTM - Complete The Secret of Monkey IslandTM.
  2. Held His Breath For... - Stay underwater for ten minutes and drown.
  3. You Fight Like a Dairy Farmer! - Learn every single insult and defeat Carla the Sword Master.
  4. Latest Masterpiece of Fantasy Storytelling - Ask Cobb about LOOM.
  5. Sunk Karma for the Mutiny - Sink your own ship by accidentally dropping a rock off the cliff.
Action Figures:
  1. Guybrush Threepwood
  2. LeChuck
  3. Elaine Marley
  4. Carla the Sword Master
  5. Three-Headed Monkey

Last edited:
Space invaders profile submission:
Space Invaders
is a japanese shooting video game made by Taito and it was released on 1st of april, 1978.
The game is about shooting down ominous aliens, who want to destroy you and take over the world. You take the control of a cannon who kills them or hides underneath the bunker to defend itself.
Space Invaders was a huge success and it was considered as one of greatest video games of all time by many critics and gamers. Space invaders was one of forerunners of modern gaming and expanded the video game industry alongside Atari (also it was considered as one of landmarks in video game industry and even popular culture due to being one of most influencial video games of all time).
Space invaders is a game inspired by Atari's "Breakout", HG Wells's "War of the worlds" book and Lucasfilm's "Star Wars" movies.
(Also the crab/medium alien from the game is one of most recognizable video game enemies of all time that many people know about)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
First Game:Plants Vs. Zombies

images (7).jpeg

Plants Vs. Zombies is a Tower Defense game developed by PopCap Games,in this game,the player needs to protect the house against a horde of zombies,and how could you do this?,well,planting plants that they are weapons.

Plants Vs. Zombies is a very popular mobile game series,the franchise have comics,sequel that are ruined by EA Games and spin-offs that are Garden Warfare 1and 2,Battle For Neighborville and PvZ Heroes. We have Angry Birds on the ultimate game collection,why not another classic mobile game on the ultimate game collection?

Second Game:Super Bomberman 4 (Resubmission)
Region Exclusive:Super Bomberman 4

View attachment 370215
(Remember that i said that i wanted to submit a SNES bomberman game?,so,here is it!)

Super Bomberman 4 is an Action-Party game published by Hudson Soft and developed by Produce!,in this game happens after Super Bomberman 3,bargular's brain escaped from explosion of his flying saucer and summoned four Bomber Kings and a Great Bomber to get a revenge against White Bomber (or Shirobon) and Black Bomber (or Kurobon),the four Bomber Kings destroys the ship of White Bomber and Black Bomber are inside it and this started to creates a time hole in space,sent White Bomber,Black Bomber and the four Bomber Kings to different places of different times.

I like Bomberman and i wanted a game of the franchise for the ultimate game collection
I wanted to submit Saturn Bomberman,but i think one from Super Bomberman games are good of put on ultimate game collection

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll submit:
Dark Souls

Dark Souls is an extremely popular RPG notable for tight interconnected level design, atmosphere, and difficulty. While it may seem like a bad choice for a collection of games meant to introduce people to video games, I think it would actually be a great choice. Even if it’s difficult it’s still very approachable and great at introducing itself to new players. It’s still one of the best in the series for newcomers to get into and more difficult games in general.

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Resubmitting this title. Castlevania is a huge series and I think Aria is actually a great entry point. It’s difficulty is much more linear than say SotN, so while Symphony is the more iconic game, and I personally like it better overall, Aria is paced a lot better and easier for newcomers to get into. It’s a very quick game, but has a lot of potential secrets and things to discover including a secret ending which would likely get people interested to start looking deeper into games in this collection, and games in general.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit some menu music and I'll probably edit this to add some other stuff tomorrow.
Halo
(I know I said I wanted to avoid title themes but what else do I even submit lol)

Yakuza 0

Half-Life

Ninja Gaiden

Portal

Last of Us achivements:
1. Blind As A Bat: Move through an area with clickers without being spotted by one
2. Spontaneity: Defeat an enemy with your fists
3. Adapt: Upgrade a weapon
4. Click No More: Take out a clicker with a shiv
5. Not Too Bright: Shine a light on a runner

Figures:
1. Tess
2. Runner
3. Bloater
4. Sarah Miller

Halo achivements:
1. World’s Worst Doctor: Defeat an enemy with a needler
2. Napper Chief: Kill an enemy while they’re sleeping
3. Covenant Sauce: Run over an enemy with a warthog
4. Spartan Savior: Go through a mission with every Marine intact
5. One Man Army: Destroy a tank

Figures:
1. Grunt
2. Elite
3. Jackal
4. Ghost
5. Guilty Spark

RCT figures:
1. Steam Train
2. Spiral Slide
3. Park Guests

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
If we can submit anything I gotta try again with some of the more important unrepresented franchises out there!

Dragon Quest III

View attachment 368689

We're all Smash fans, so we all watched Sakurai give his spiel a couple of years ago on how important Dragon Quest III was in Japan and to the development of JRPGs. Not only does DQIII have that critical history attached to it, it's one of the best-aged RPGs of the era. It can be clunky, but it's much more playable with modern sensibilities than all its contemporaries because of how tight the gameplay is.
The Sims 3

View attachment 369055

For the non-violent game, I'm submitting a series that absolutely needs to be represented in the collection. Not only is the first Sims game one of the best-selling PC games ever made, the series truly codified the life simulation genre that we see represented in super popular modern games like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, yet it still maintains a wacky character of its own. The Sims 3 is usually considered the most refined and fun entry by fans, so that's the one I went with.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
I figured we needed some Atlus and Arc System Works representation in this collection, and that these two games can help achieve that:

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

BLAZBLUE CENTRAL FICTION

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This week I also won’t have as much time to add stuff this Saturday so I’ll finish the job today. I’ll also probably do this the next couple of Saturdays as well. So here are the results of the pack-in and milestone games:
Combat 11
Donkey Kong 13
Duck Hunt 11
Altered Beast 7
Donkey Kong Country 20
Tiger Handheld Wheel of Fortune 4

Pong 24
Chrono Trigger 16
Tomb Raider 4
Phantasy Star Online 5
Guitar Hero 17

Pong and Donkey Kong Country will be the next games! Here are the options for wild card games:
Mega Man 2( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Dragon Quest III ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Lemmings ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Mortal Kombat ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
The Simpsons ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
The Secret of Monkey Island ( tonygameman tonygameman )
Super Bomberman 4 ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Rayman 2: The Great Escape ( tonygameman tonygameman )
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
World of Warcraft ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
God of War ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Kirby Super Star Ultra ( Oracle Link Oracle Link )
The Sims 3 ( Dan Quixote Dan Quixote )
Dark Souls ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Plants Vs. Zombies ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Persona 4 Golden ( GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 )
Mass Effect 2( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Nier Automata ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
BlazBlue: Central Fiction ( GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 )

So please vote for your top five most wanted options. Your own submission can’t be in first.

My votes:
  1. Dragon Quest III
  2. God of War
  3. Aria of Sorrow
  4. Dark Souls
  5. Rayman 2

DKC achievements:
1. It's on like Donkey Kong: Complete the whole game.
2. Banana slamma!: Collect all bananas in the game.
3. Quick king of jungle: Complete a level in short amount of time.
4. The King Kong: Complete the game without any damage or deaths.
5. You can't spell "KONG" without those letters: Collect all KONG letters in all levels of the game.

Pong achievements:
1. You're skilled, kid: Get 5 points in a match.
2. King of pong: Get 10 points in a match.
3. Master of the game: Get 15 points in a match.
4. You got some god-like skills: Get 20 or higher points in a match.
5. Tennis battle: Reflect the ball 10 or more times in a match.

DKC figures:
1. Donkey Kong
2. Diddy
3. Rambi
4. King K. Rool
5. Zinger

Pong figures:
1. Pong paddle
2. Ball (Depicted as small white cube)
3. Pong Arcade machine (Is it allowed?)

Top Bottom