• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: The Ultimate Game Collection - Continued

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Half Life
2. God of War
3. Call of Duty
4. Rock Band

1. Portal
2. Sonic Adventure
3. Ms. Pac Man
4. FF6

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sonic Adventure
BotW
Doom Eternal
Mystery Dungeon

God of War
Rock Band
Half Life
Hollow Knight

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Elden Ring
2. Half-Life
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
4. Hollow Knight

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Halo 3
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

D

Deleted member

1. COD
2. Half Life
3. Tales
4. Elden Ring

1. BOTW
2. FF6
3. Ms. Pacman
4. Portal

Last edited by a moderator:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Half-Life
2. Hollow Knight
3. Rock Band
4. Tales of Symphonia

1. Portal
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Ms. Pac-Man

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Region Exclusive Game

Plenty of games have been exclusives to certain countries or regions so this is a job for those types of games. They don’t have to be exclusive to a single country but it does have to be a particular reason. If the game was later released in other countries via a remake or a release on a different console it is fine, but a slightly altered version of a game doesn’t count. So for example Live A Live would be fine as long as it’s the original version but the original Japanese version of Nier Replicant won’t be eligible due to similarities with Nier Gestalt.

Submit A Franchise Starter

There are a lot of big video game franchises so this job will be for a title that was the very first entry in a big video game franchise. Spinoffs count as long as their spinoff is a big franchise of its own and it is fine to submit games in franchises we already have. Have fun!

Franchise starter game submission:
Parappa the Rapper (Sony Interactive Entertainment/Japan studio)
1680464834184.png

(Release date: 6 December 1996)​
Parappa the Rapper is a rhythm video game developed by Nana-Osha and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment on Playstation back in 1996 in Japan.
The game is about a young pup named Parappa who raps with random people that are featured in this game. The gameplay is about tapping the buttons in the rhythm of the song while Parappa is singing.

This game became a huge success in late 1990's and it's responsible for the start of rhythm games. Heck, DDR, FNF and many rhythm games wouldn't exist if Parappa games never came into existence.

I think it would make sense to include a rhythm game in our game collection, since we haven't got a single one and it wouldn't be a celebration of gaming if we didn't had a rhythm game in the collection.
Plus Parappa had a popularity resurgence recently due to memes based on it.

It's a first game of the series.

I'll come up with a region-exclusive game later.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Considered to be one of the best of the series yet never left Japan (although has been rumored to be getting some sort of remaster for a really long time).

Animal Crossing

Thought about this for the region exclusive with the Japan E+ version that got some extra content but didnt think it would count plus i prefer the above anyway. Does fit the other prompt though and is still my personal favorite game of the series (plus i suppose we also sneak in some NES games that were featured as collectibles in this game)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Region Exclusive:Super Bomberman 4

SFC_Super_Bomberman_4_cover_art.jpg

(Remember that i said that i wanted to submit a SNES bomberman game?,so,here is it!)

Super Bomberman 4 is an Action-Party game published by Hudson Soft and developed by Produce!,in this game happens after Super Bomberman 3,bargular's brain escaped from explosion of his flying saucer and summoned four Bomber Kings and a Great Bomber to get a revenge against White Bomber (or Shirobon) and Black Bomber (or Kurobon),the four Bomber Kings destroys the ship of White Bomber and Black Bomber are inside it and this started to creates a time hole in space,sent White Bomber,Black Bomber and the four Bomber Kings to different places of different times.

I like Bomberman and i wanted a game of the franchise for the ultimate game collection

Franchise Starter:Castlevania

images (5).jpeg

Castlevania is a Platform game developed and published by Konami,in this game the player controls Simon Belmont,a legendary vampire hunter from a clan that enters to Dracula's castle to kill the Dracula.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Franchise Starter:Kirby's Adventure

View attachment 370216

Kirby's Adventure is a Platform game developed by HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo,in this game,Kirby us on a quest of pieces of Star Rod of King Dedede broke it into seven pieces.

I submited Kirby Super Star and a few people voted it,and i wanted a Kirby game on ultimate game collection.
This isn’t eligible since it wasn’t the first game in the series

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Exclusive game: Sqij! (UK)

The literal worst game ever made!
Was tempted to submit Mr. Gimmick, but you know, NES game.

Debut game: God of War

Why isn't this game on the thread yet??? If it wins the current vote, swap it out for... I dunno, Street Fighter 1 for the funny

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Exclusive

Super Robot Wars T

Super Robot Wars T is a game in the long running Super Robot Wars series, the series only left East Asia with the release of Super Robot Wars 30

I chose T because of the variety of series included including things like Gundam, Rayearth and Cowboy Bebop.

Debut
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

One of the best and most important Sports Games

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Regional Game - Mortal Kombat 11
download (20).jpeg

This isn't quite the same situation as the rest, as it's a game that didn't get released in a region (Japan) and not a game that only released in one region If this gets vetoed I have another idea, and I might swap it out anyways, but I have this for now.

First Game - Mega Man X
Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png

There are few series where the first entry is almost unanimously considered the best: the beloved Mega Man X is a rare exception. This spinoff brought the stale Mega Man series into the future - in more ways than one. It definitely deserves a slot here.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I don't think I'll get into a regional game job, but here's a re-submission for the "Franchise Starter" (you may not be surprised, but I'm beyond that myself).

The Secret of Monkey Island

• Genre: Graphic Adventure
  • Company: Lucasfilm Games
  • Release Date: October 15th, 1990
The Secret of Monkey Island is the first installment of a eponymous point-and-click graphic adventure video game series, created by Ron Gilbert and published by Lucasfilm Games (a video game subsidiary of Lucasfilm Ltd), releasing on home computers in 1990. The plot focuses on Guybrush Threepwood, a young man who dreams of becoming a swashbuckling "Mighty Pirate" after washing ashore to Melee IslandTM, exploring a few islands while solving various puzzles to succeed in the three trials given to him by pirate leaders and trying to stop the evil undead ghost pirate captain LeChuck from abducting Méléé IslandTM's governor and his love interest, Elaine Marley.

The game is critically-acclaimed and still declared one of the greatest adventure games of all time, all thanks to it's witty comedic humor (especially quotes), memorable characters/puzzles (like insult swordfighting) and a fantastic soundtrack, which all entirely defined/pioneered the genre itself and left such a lasting impact that it's influence has spread throughout the industry, even having been exhibited in the Smithsonian American Art Museum (alongside Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros.). It was referenced in multiple games such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (a Jedi mind trick), Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, The Witcher 3 and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, even getting a easter egg in Sea of Thieves (complete with a iconic theme song) through the Pirates of the Caribbean expansion, which speaking of, a cancelled movie adaptation's script was apparently re-used for it's very first film in 2003, The Curse of the Black Pearl.

It also achieved a few sequels over the years like Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991), The Curse of Monkey Island (1997), Escape from Monkey Island (2000), Tales of Monkey Island (2009; by Telltale Games which was founded by former LucasArts employees) and the latest game which acts as the finale story, Return to Monkey Island (2022). Remakes of the first two installments (titled "Special Editions") with a hand-drawn artstyle and voice acting with those returning from Curse and Escape, were also released on PlayStation 3 (can be played on PS4 and PS5 via PlayStation Plus Premium), Xbox 360 (also backwards compatible for Xbox One and Series) and iPhone alongside Microsoft Windows.

For additional features/side content, perhaps we should have those like voice acting from a Special Edition remake released in 2009 (via options; not necessary if you're a 1990's kid), different sound cards (with Roland LAPC-1/MT-32 being a default option) and a hint system for newcomers/beginners, who doesn't have any idea what to do next (even helping with insult sword-fighting by having a marklist for quotes and solutions before facing Carla the Sword Master).
In case this game ends up getting added at some point in this thread's lifespan.
Menu Theme: SCUMM Bar (Special Edition)

Achievements:
  1. Mighty PirateTM - Complete The Secret of Monkey IslandTM.
  2. Held His Breath For... - Stay underwater for ten minutes and drown.
  3. You Fight Like a Dairy Farmer! - Learn every single insult and defeat Carla the Sword Master.
  4. Latest Masterpiece of Fantasy Storytelling - Ask Cobb about LOOM.
  5. Sunk Karma for the Mutiny - Sink your own ship by accidentally dropping a rock off the cliff.
Action Figures:
  1. Guybrush Threepwood
  2. LeChuck
  3. Elaine Marley
  4. Carla the Sword Master
  5. Three-Headed Monkey

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Region-Exclusive Game: Tokimeki Memorial
Tokimeki_Memorial_PC_Engine.jpg

Tokimeki Memorial was a dating sim released by Konami for the PC Engine in 1994, later getting ports to stuff like the Playstation and Super Famicom. The game revolves around you, the main character, who has just joined Kirameki High School. It is said that if you confess your love to someone under a tree near the school, you two stay together for life, and so the protagonist meets and interacts with various different girls, in the hopes of getting in a romantic relationship with one of them. This game was actually extremely popular in Japan, and was highly influential in not just the dating sim genre, but in other games too with the way it popularized social stats and raising them as a mechanic. If we're including any JP-only games, I think TokiMemo would be an excellent add.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Franchise Starter: Devil May Cry

Impact on the action-adventure genre, multiple sequels and a prequel, high difficulty.

Region Exclusive: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit some action figures and achivements for Frogger
1. Frogger
2. Cars
3. Alligator
4. Snake
Not very many potential action figures lol

1. Squashed Frog: Die every possible way
2. Quick Toad: Win a game in more than half the time
3. The Toad Ahead: Win a game without moving left or right
4. Righteous Ribbits: Fill every spot
5. Last Minute Leap: Win a game with less than a quarter of time remaining

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here are the results of the well established genre and second entry voting:
Half-Life 27
God of War 20
Rock Band 8
Tales of Symphonia 4
Call of Duty: Black Ops II 18
Hollow Knight 9
Elden Ring 7

Ms. Pac-Man 11
Final Fantasy VI 10
Sonic Adventure 13
Portal 24
Halo 3 8
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 10
Doom Eternal 6
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 7
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX 1

So Half-Life and Portal will both be added! Here are the options for region exclusives and franchise starters:

Region Exclusive
SQIJ! ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
I.M. Meen ( FazDude FazDude )
Tokimeki Memorial ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Super Bomberman 4 ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Mortal Kombat 11 ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
Super Robot Wars T ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Franchise Starter
Castlevania ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
The Secret of Monkey Island ( tonygameman tonygameman )
Mega Man X ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
PaRappa the Rapper ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Animal Crossing ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Devil May Cry ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
God of War ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Angry Birds ( FazDude FazDude )

So for both categories please vote for your top four most wanted in order. Your own submission can’t be in first.

My votes:
  1. Tokimeki Memorial
  2. Super Bomberman 4
  3. MK11
  4. Genealogy

1. Castlevania
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Angry Birds
  4. God of War

D

Deleted member

1. Tokimeki Memorial
  2. Genealogy
  3. Super Bomberman 4
  4. MK11

1. Tony Hawk
  2. Monkey Island
  3. Angry Birds
  4. Castlevaina

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Tokimeki
2. Bomberman 4
3. I M Meen
4.SQIJ

1. Castlevania
2. Angry Birds
3. Parappa
4. Monkey Island

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'll submit Portal action figures. All of the Portal 2 action figures have a different look than Portal 1 so I figured I wouldn't make the action figures shared between them.
1. Chell
2. GLaDOS
3. Turret
4. Companion Cube
5. Personality Cores

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Super Robot Wars T
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Tokimeki Memorial

Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Animal Crossing
God of War
PaRappa the Rapper

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Tokimeki Memorial
2. Super Bomberman 4
3. MK 11
4. Genealogy

1. Castlevania
2. God of War
3. Angry Birds
4. Parappa

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Super Robot Wars T
2. Tokimeki Memorial
3. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
4. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

1. The Secret of Monkey Island
2. PaRappa the Rapper
3. Angry Birds
4. Mega Man X

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submit A Pack-In Title
Best Video Game Console Pack-In Titles Ever Made

Submit a game that was originally available as a pack-in title for a console or a console bundle. Please submit the game, and why it should be included in this collection.

Game Milestone
Top 10 Years in Gaming History | Articles on WatchMojo.com

This will be about games that were significant milestones in that they were the first game to achieve a milestone. First game to sell a certain number of copies, first game to use a certain feature, first game in a style of graphics, etc. It has to be the first one to do it though, so for example Super Mario 64 wouldn't count if it hadn't been submitted yet since there were 3D platformers before it. Please make it clear what the milestone the game achieved is. Have fun!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Pack-In Title:Donkey Kong

Donkey_Kong_flier.jpg

Donkey Kong is an arcade game developed and published by Nintendo,in this game,Jumpman (AKA the own Mario) needs to save pauline and dodges of barrels throwed by Donkey Kong (Arcade DK is Cranky Kong,not DK from DKC)

Game Milestone:Guitar Hero

Guitarhero-cover.jpg

Guitar Hero is a Rhythm Music game developed by Harmonix and published by RedOctane,in this game is a rythm game but you control a guitarrist of a band,this game is one of most popular rhythm game of the video game history and it's one of the game that have the most famous accessory that is the Guitar Hero Guitar.

Guitar Hero is not the first Rhythm game,but Guitar Hero on Milestone game place,brings a different gameplay of the player acting as playing a guitar.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Pack-In Title:Donkey Kong

View attachment 370569

Donkey Kong is an arcade game developed and published by Nintendo,in this game,Jumpman (AKA the own Mario) needs to save pauline and dodges of barrels throwed by Donkey Kong (Arcade DK is Cranky Kong,not DK from DKC)

Game Milestone:Guitar Hero

View attachment 370571

Guitar Hero is a Rhythm Music game developed by Harmonix and published by RedOctane,in this game is a rythm game but you control a guitarrist of a band,this game is one of most popular rhythm game of the video game history and it's one of the game that have the most famous accessory that is the Guitar Hero Guitar.
Can you explain what the milestone is for Guitar Hero? It needs to be something specific for this job.

Pack-in title submission:
Donkey Kong Country (1994 - SNES)
1681071787164.png

(Yes, it was packed with SNES console)​
Donkey Kong Country is a platform video game developed by Rare & Nintendo and published by nintendo in 1994 on Nintendo Consoles.
The game is about Donkey Kong, a gorilla who travels through his island in order to get his banana hoard back from Kremlings (evil crocodile group).

DKC was very popular when was released and it's graphics didn't even aged to this day. Heck, the game even started DKC game series on very high note because it's considered as one of the greatest games of all time.
The game was popular because of pre-rendered graphics, making the game unique comparing to Nintendo's 2D platformer & action adventure games.

I know we are heavy on Nintendo games in our collection, but I think it would make some sense to include a third Nintendo platformer (Second if we count 2D platformers) since Nintendo is known for making good platformers like SMB (which is included as first game in our collection) or DKC.

Gaming milestone game submission:
Pong (Atari - 1972)
1681071463351.png
Pong is a two-player video game made by Atari in 1972 and it became a huge success that caused the video industry to evolve throughout generations.

The gameplay is simple. You have to reflect the ball to opponent while opponent does the same thing to you. It's like a table tennis but in form of video game.
Despite it's simple gameplay, this game deserves to be in the collection due to it's cultural impact and huge influence on latter video games.

Since we don't have an Atari game, so Pong would be first Atari game to fill the slot. Also Pong is a first successful arcade game, which it counts as one of biggest gaming milestones in video game history (heck, this even applies to popular culture as well).

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
So my submissions will be
Combat
Combat game for the Atari 2600 - Retro Games Now

Resubmitting this as it was a pack-in title with Atari 2600 and was very influential at the time, inspiring not only future 2-player games, but more combat in videogames

Chrono Trigger
[BON PLAN] Chrono Trigger à moitié prix jusqu'au 28 août sur Steam

Chrono Trigger was a massive influence on future RPG's and it had some of the greatest minds in the video game industry working on it at the time. To this day it's still easy for new RPG players to get into and has characters who are very fleshed out in side quests. I'm including it as a milestone game because it was the first game to use the phrase "New Game +" which has become almost an industry standard at this point.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Pack In: Duck Hunt

Popularized shooters even before Doom and Halo.

Milestone: Tomb Raider (1996)
1681506583060.jpeg

First Eidos Interactive game to be added to the collection.
First Eidos Interactive game to get a live action movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom